Windows 10: Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

Discus and support Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Out of nowhere my laptop started to get into some sort of bootloop. At first it was every 5 minutes it would restart, but after about an hour, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IrishmanBren, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

Out of nowhere my laptop started to get into some sort of bootloop. At first it was every 5 minutes it would restart, but after about an hour, it's just constantly restarting before it can even make it to any screen.I press the power button, the keyboard manages to light up after about 2 seconds, and within 3 more seconds it turns off and does it all over again. I've tried the button combination to boot into BIOS, safe mode, all of the above. The laptop simply doesn't boot enough for me to do so. I've tried reseating the HDD and RAM, but no no avail. I've tried starting it without the battery

:)

IrishmanBren, Nov 26, 2022
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade on lenovo ideapad Y510P

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p which I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. The two issues I seem to be having is driver support (who knew Lenovo wouldn't support a laptop purchased in 2013 with Windows 10 drivers??!!) and the lengthy boot time (no longer
    is it up and running in less than a minute; now it is closer to 3 to 4 minutes before I can open a progam or a web page). I saved for sometime to purchase the two laptops I purchased for my household based on my experience working with the Thinkpad series.
    Obviously Lenovo doesn't really care about the consumer division; I've had highter than normal issues with these two laptops and will not purchase Lenovo products in the future.

ScottMod21, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

Windows 10 Upgrade on lenovo ideapad Y510P

My ideapad Y510P came preinstalled to windows 8. it was then updated to 8.1 later. now i am trying to auto update windows 10.. but it always gets stuck on 'preparing for installation'. Tried thrice but it didnt worked. Tried using windows media tool, but
    the same result.. took whole day to download but when restarted nothing happened.

What should i do now? If i choose clean install, how will i find my product key? how to install windows 10 ?

Anilkuhadwal, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

1. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop - Similar Threads - Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

2. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop: Out of nowhere my laptop started to get into some sort of bootloop. At first it was every 5 minutes it would restart, but after about an hour, it's just constantly restarting before it can even make it to any screen.I press the power button, the keyboard manages to light up...
  3. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop: Out of nowhere my laptop started to get into some sort of bootloop. At first it was every 5 minutes it would restart, but after about an hour, it's just constantly restarting before it can even make it to any screen.I press the power button, the keyboard manages to light up...
  4. Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10: Hello there.I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P which has an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card. I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 from Lenovo's website.Despite all the efforts I’ve put into fixing this issue for almost 2 years now there’s been no success. Kindly advise.I’ve...
  5. Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10: Hello there.I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P which has an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card. I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 from Lenovo's website.Despite all the efforts I’ve put into fixing this issue for almost 2 years now there’s been no success. Kindly advise.I’ve...
  6. Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P: I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P which has an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card. I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 from Lenovo's website. The problem is that even with the drivers installed, none of the applications or games use the Nvidia graphics card. All of them run...
  7. BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P: Hi folks I'm new to the forums to please excuse me. I'm currently posting from my phone so when my laptop comes on I'll attach the debug file. Basically I set my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down and when I went back to resume my work (about 20 hours later) it...
  8. Audio driver for Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver for Lenovo Y510P: Hello. I have Lenovo Y510P and upgraded to W10 64bit. It has no sounds and has an red X where the icon is. I hear that my laptop isnt W10 compatible but there must be someone out there using it on W10. What driver can I use?? I have tried the driver for 8 and 8.1 but it...
  9. HDD to SSD Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD to SSD Lenovo Y510P: Hello, I want to change my HDD to a SSD. My Y510P is on Windows 10 and has a small 24gb SSD already. If I want to clone my HDD to my brand new Samsung Evo 850 500gb SSD it's not working, because there are Windows files in my small 24gb SSD. In Disk Management it...
  10. Windows 10 crashing on Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing on Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, please help!: Hey guys, I installed Windows 10 on the 29th and have been mostly happy except for one major issue: when I leave my laptop alone for about 10-20 minutes, the OS completely locks up and all I can do is hold down the power button and force it to shut down. For those of you...