Windows 10: Lenovo Intel GPU - drivers are stuck in 2017

Discus and support Lenovo Intel GPU - drivers are stuck in 2017 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I messed up with the drivers recently, and after having installed the default version from Microsoft (ver. 20.19.15.4474), now it's not recognized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by doriandiaconu, May 10, 2020.

1. Lenovo Intel GPU - drivers are stuck in 2017

So I messed up with the drivers recently, and after having installed the default version from Microsoft (ver. 20.19.15.4474), now it's not recognized anymore by the Intel Driver Assistant (getting the error: Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.)

I'm running the latest insider fast preview build.

https://i.imgur.com/sro9ojM.png

The laptop is a Lenovo Z50-70. The driver that is listed on their website is from back in 2017 (ver. 20.19.15.4474_WHQL):

laptops and netbooks :: lenovo z series laptops :: lenovo z50 70 - US

So I tried uninstalling the version from Microsoft and to install the one from Lenovo but during the setup I get this:

https://i.imgur.com/aFTr2Sx.png

I tried digging around to find the GPU info, but I am running around circles:

https://i.imgur.com/QI9qLo5.png

Lenovo Diagnostics - System Information

[table][tr][td]Intel(R) HD Graphics Family[/td] [/tr] [/table]

[table][tr][td]UDI: [/td] [td]Intel(R)HDGraphicsFamily00:02.0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Location:[/td] [td]PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Driver version: [/td] [td]20.19.15.4642[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Vendor ID: [/td] [td]8086 [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Device ID:[/td] [td]A16[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Video Card Memory:[/td] [td]112 MB [/td] [/tr] [/table]

There is some workaround using a .inf file found in the driver folder downloaded by Lenovo, but if the driver doesn't install properly on my PC I don't know if I should try that.

Any idea on what's actually happening here? Thanks!

:)

doriandiaconu, May 10, 2020

2. Question about updating Intel GPU drivers (Laptop)

My laptop is a Lenovo Z50-70. Intel 4400 Family GPU and Nvidia GT 840M. I'm running Windows 10.

The latest driver for the Intel 4400 Family is dated from 6/23/2017: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

Yet every time I upgrade to a new Insider Preview my driver is downgraded to a version from March (it's the one before the last one).

The one listed on the Lenovo driver site is dated from 25/07/2016.

Is it worth upgrading to the latest version of the drivers or should I stick to the one provided by WU? This is also a question I'd like to ask related to the Nvidia drivers. Even though they are left alone when updating should I install the ones from their site or should I stick to WU?

doriandiaconu, May 10, 2020
  3. Mike_11_ Win User
    "Get Windows 10" says my Lenovo laptop is compatible, Lenovo and Intel say otherwise

I have a ThinkPad W520 with a Sandy Bridge CPU and dual GPUs using NVIDIA's Optimus technology: Intel HD 3000 and NVIDIA Quadro 1000M. The "Get Windows 10" app that appeared in my notification area says "This PC works with Windows 10". Lenovo says any
    of their computers that use Sandy Bridge CPUs aren't compatible with Windows 10, and Intel says their HD 3000 integrated CPU isn't supported with Windows 10. NVIDIA has a reference driver for my GPU + Windows 10 but there's no Lenovo-specific version so it
    may or may not work (I was advised when I contacted NVIDIA that it's better to get my drivers from Lenovo). So will my laptop (including the GPUs) work with Windows 10?

Lenovo list of compatible and incompatible computers:

Windows 10 Upgrade July 2015 / Version 1507 - Supported System List - DE

Intels list of compatible and incompatible GPUs:

Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

I know a few other people with different Lenovo laptops that also have Sandy Bridge CPUs with the Intel HD 3000 GPU (no Optimus), their computers also indicates "This PC works with Windows 10", but I'm wondering if this is really true or not?

[Edit] I've upgraded to Windows 10 and so far there are no major problems.

Mike_11_, May 10, 2020
  4. BruceT414 Win User

Lenovo Intel GPU - drivers are stuck in 2017

Lenovo Think Pad T450S Intel Graphics Driver

I have a Lenovo Think Pad with the intel 5500 graphics driver. Have downloaded latest driver software from Lenovo and Intel and Device Manager still shows incompatibility with Windows 10 so it must be using a generic driver. I cannot connect to any external
    monitor. Any suggestions?

BruceT414, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo Intel GPU - drivers are stuck in 2017

1. Lenovo Intel GPU - drivers are stuck in 2017 - Similar Threads - Lenovo Intel GPU

2. Intel Driver is stuck installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Driver is stuck installing: I saw that I had two driver updates available through the Intel Driver and Support app, so I clicked on it and downloaded the two driver updates. Then I clicked on install on only one of them which was an accident really, but I didn't think it mattered, and now it's stuck on...
  3. Intel Driver is stuck installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver is stuck installing: I saw that I had two driver updates available through the Intel Driver and Support app, so I clicked on it and downloaded the two driver updates. Then I clicked on install on only one of them which was an accident really, but I didn't think it mattered, and now it's stuck on...
  4. Lenovo,intel vmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo,intel vmd: I have a Lenovo laptop with intel 11 gen processor . I installed windows after disabling VMD in bios. but now I want to enable it. if there is a way I can enable VMD and solve windows blue screen without reinstalling windows ?...
  5. Lenovo,intel vmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo,intel vmd: I have a Lenovo laptop with intel 11 gen processor . I installed windows after disabling VMD in bios. but now I want to enable it. if there is a way I can enable VMD and solve windows blue screen without reinstalling windows ?...
  6. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  7. Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu: I'm having this issue recently where Intel UHD graphics 630 keeps showing up under display drivers. I have a maximus xi hero motherboard and have disabled the onboard graphics, I have uninstalled, disabled and used a driver cleaner but it keeps coming back. When i restart my...
  8. Intel Driver Issues on New Lenovo Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Driver Issues on New Lenovo Windows 10: Hello- I recently got a brand new Lenovo desktop PC with Windows 10. When I first set it up it worked fine, but then it automatically updated and after restarting, the screen appears to be zoomed in and blurry. I say "appears" because when I go into settings to check the...
  9. Lenovo T450s Intel Display Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo T450s Intel Display Driver Issue: My display driver "Intel HD Graphics 5500" has basically stopped working. It is an integrated graphics card. When it is enabled, it makes the screen go crazy (hard to describe), and it is usable but just barely. I can disable the driver (now using Microsoft Basic Display...
  10. Question about updating Intel GPU drivers (Laptop)

Question about updating Intel GPU drivers (Laptop): My laptop is a Lenovo Z50-70. Intel 4400 Family GPU and Nvidia GT 840M. I'm running Windows 10. The latest driver for the Intel 4400 Family is dated from 6/23/2017: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40] Yet every time I upgrade to a new Insider Preview my...