Windows 10: Lenovo L570 intermitted internal cellular usb failure

Discus and support Lenovo L570 intermitted internal cellular usb failure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a weird problem and I hope I can find root cause on the forum. I have a Lenovo L570 with Fibocom L831 cellular driver and recently had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanSlabber, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Lenovo L570 intermitted internal cellular usb failure

Hello,

I have a weird problem and I hope I can find root cause on the forum. I have a Lenovo L570 with Fibocom L831 cellular driver and recently had to re-install Windows 10 due to another issue. The re-install was only the Windows files and programs. But after this re-install my cellular port intermittently disconnects then a error pops up on the notification area telling me that a usb device has stopped working or malfunctioned. Also note, when I reboot my workstation the cellular port is back up again and I can connect. After several minutes no pattern error comes up and removes the sim port again.

Troubleshooting done on my end:

1 All my drivers are up to date, even checked the drivers on the intel side. 2 I have uninstalled the ROOT usb several times. 3 I have run the Windows 10 hardware troubleshooter and found no problems. 4 I have logged a live call with Lenovo, they checked a couple of things, also ran a hardware test but no problems found so they told me to re-install but I do not agree seeing it's a fresh install anyway.

This is just driving me crazy as I am unable to find anybody with a similar issue and I have tried everything mentioned on the interwebs when it comes to troubleshooting usb port malfunctioning.

I would highly appreciate if I can get to the bottom of this, as I work remotely these days as you can imagine.

Thanks!

:)

JanSlabber, Dec 29, 2020
  2. kwgagel Win User

Intermitent Boot Up Failure

I have intermittent boot up failures happening. Each time I fix it, it is a matter of days and then it happens again. This time all it took to "fix" it was changing the boot order in my BIOS settings. I'm very confused by what's happening.

It's Windows 10, 1909 OS build 18363.836. 32 Gb RAM with 2 Tb NvME storage.
    Storage is Samsung SSD 970 EVO and the software for it shows no issues.
    The system was cloned from a hard drive to the SSD and over time was re-organized so it now has four partitions as follows.

Lenovo L570 intermitted internal cellular usb failure [​IMG]

The fourth partition is a Microsoft Reserved partition that is 1 Gb in size - Windows does not show it.
    Diskpart - list disk

Diskpart - list part

Diskpart - list vol

SAMSUNG Magician

MiniTool Partition Wizard

When the system fails to boot I can spend a day or an hour to get it running again. This morning it wouldn't boot, gives me that BSOD and recovery attempts fail. While in BIOS I noticed that my NvME is now showing up twice in it. So I switched the order of the two and the system booted. That is how I am here now!

I'm trying to find someone that can guide me through correcting this as I've obviously done something in previous attempts to fix it that now has windows confused about boot. I don't know enough about it myself to figure out where I've gone wrong. I know that there is now multiple \EFI\... folders on different partitions. Which is windows using, which can I delete etc...

I also have issues making recovery disk and using USB recovery to fix the bootup. I managed to fix it once with a windows media install startup repair. But this morning even that wouldn't fix it.

Well, another update was just applied so I'll reboot now and see if I get back online! Let me know what you need to know to help me sort this out. Thanks for your help in advance.

kwgagel, Dec 29, 2020
  3. kwgagel Win User

I made it manually using MiniTool Partition Wizard. It's 1Gb but it's full now.

I should also say that I added it after this problem started, my thinking was this might be a way to help windows. I also added the recovery partition manually and positioned them according to MS docs.

Interesting, Macrium Reflect tells me a different story about the MSR partition.

kwgagel, Dec 29, 2020
  4. kwgagel Win User

Lenovo L570 intermitted internal cellular usb failure

I see that now. Some times I think I might be going blind! I did see that SFC and WMIC found and corrected errors.

Here are the HD Tune screen shots:

I grabbed the pro trial version and started with that then realized and grabbed the free version and completed with that one.

Check Disk and BIOS down grade F14 to go now.

kwgagel, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo L570 intermitted internal cellular usb failure

1. Lenovo L570 intermitted internal cellular usb failure - Similar Threads - Lenovo L570 intermitted

2. Windows 10 causing intermitent internet failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 causing intermitent internet failure: Windows 10, version 20H2 Ever since installing this update and the others along with it my computer has suffered from repeated and random disconnects from the internet where the computer loses sight of all available networks briefly before returning to normal. I at first...
  3. Lenovo 260 ThinkPad does not recognise internal cellular SIM card

Lenovo 260 ThinkPad does not recognise internal cellular SIM card: My Lenovo 260 ThinkPad runs Windows 10. It has an internal modem which takes a SIM card for a cellular connection. Recently the SIM card icon no longer appears on the Network & Internet connectivity menu. I am only able to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. How can I fix...
  4. Roaming with a USB cellular modem

Roaming with a USB cellular modem: While trying to roam internationally with a USB cellular modem I am unable to select any network other than the home network and therefore unable to connect. The instructions say you can chooseSearch for networks, and then select another cellular network, but there is no...
  5. Intermitent Boot Up Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermitent Boot Up Failure: I have intermittent boot up failures happening. Each time I fix it, it is a matter of days and then it happens again. This time all it took to "fix" it was changing the boot order in my BIOS settings. I'm very confused by what's happening. It's Windows 10, 1909 OS build...
  6. Unknown USB Device failure blocks my internal keyboard.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown USB Device failure blocks my internal keyboard.: Hi, I have a problem. My laptop: Gigabyte Aero x15, bought in December 2018 on Amazon, Windows 10. Couple weeks ago I started having a problem, Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) pop up in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus controllers though all the...
  7. Login failure Lenovo desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login failure Lenovo desktop: Can’t login, tried to reset password keep receiveing error message: no media usb flash drive????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-failure-lenovo-desktop/848dfd52-6aa5-4c3e-a311-f233903e7eb2
  8. USB FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB FAILURE: 3 out of my 4 USB ports suddenly (a week maybe) quit working. I went to Device Manager and unchecked the power management option for power saving, but no help. Clicking on each individual port says this divice is working. Rebooting several times was no help. The one that...
  9. USB failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB failure: Problem with win 10 usb not recognizing devices ? Is there a better driver to fix usb recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-failure/d8ea8486-3e39-4588-bf65-26ba43f3c2ae
  10. Intermitant BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermitant BSOD Issue: Hello everyone, First time poster here. My PC is a custom built desktop running Windows 10 x64. Running a slight overclock, but the issues occur weather at stock or not. My PC was stable for a very long time, but recently has been BSOD every few days. I did...