Windows 10: Lenovo Laptop CPU Driver Unable to Update to CPU Manufacturer

Discus and support Lenovo Laptop CPU Driver Unable to Update to CPU Manufacturer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows 1909 (Build 18363.752) I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 laptop. I was able to update the GPU driver to the latest GeForce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FUState, Mar 27, 2020.

1. FUState Win User

Lenovo Laptop CPU Driver Unable to Update to CPU Manufacturer

Microsoft Windows 1909 (Build 18363.752)

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 laptop.

I was able to update the GPU driver to the latest GeForce driver.

However, when I tried update the CPU driver to the latest Intel driver (for the Core i7-9850H), the driver would not install citing an error that told me to download driver from my "Computer Manufacturer".

I tried installing through Device Manager as well (Browse, Let me pick, Have disk (then go to intel's unzipped download)). This didn't work as it said it was the wrong driver, but I downloaded this file from this location.
    The readme file for the install in this zip package looked suspiciously like a GPU installer, however, I re-downloaded it from intel's site and the same zip downloaded. I am left to assume that it is the proper download for my CPU driver.

The current driver for my CPU is Microsoft 10.0.18362.693 from 21-Apr-09.
    The current Intel Management Engine Firmware is 12.0.49.1534

Please advise.

:)

FUState, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    laptops and netbooks :: lenovo y series laptops :: y50 70 notebook lenovo - DE

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Mar 27, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    Batch install 19 different Lenovo driver updates?

Are you having problems with the drivers? Drivers do not become obsolete, hardware does. The drivers that Windows installs is for the hardware that Update sees is on your machine and downloads/installs the proper drivers. When you see a date on a driver that shows differently, that is because the OEM or hardware manufacturer has packaged an update for that driver for either new hardware or a particular hardware that the manufacturer has found a change or mandated security updates for those things like the TPM, Bios and some CPU's, along with networking devices that have their own onboard CPU's.

bro67, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo Laptop CPU Driver Unable to Update to CPU Manufacturer - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop CPU

2. unable to update because "driver that locked to manufacturer specifications"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to update because "driver that locked to manufacturer specifications": My laptop is Acer Aspire E5-476G with Intel Core i5 8250U, that message appears when I want to update my driver, the manufacturer's website provides drivers that stopped being updated in 2017 https://www.acer.com/id-id/support/product-support/E5-476G/UN.GX0SD.001/downloads...
  3. unable to update because "driver that locked to manufacturer specifications"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to update because "driver that locked to manufacturer specifications": My laptop is Acer Aspire E5-476G with Intel Core i5 8250U, that message appears when I want to update my driver, the manufacturer's website provides drivers that stopped being updated in 2017 https://www.acer.com/id-id/support/product-support/E5-476G/UN.GX0SD.001/downloads...
  4. Update my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update my cpu: Is it possible for Me to get a cpu upgrade on my laptop for free from hp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-my-cpu/35ff688a-e992-484b-8f87-83ac9d9e8d51
  5. Update my cpu

Update my cpu: Is it possible for Me to get a cpu upgrade on my laptop for free from hp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-my-cpu/35ff688a-e992-484b-8f87-83ac9d9e8d51
  6. Lenovo laptop - replacement motherboard/cpu...but hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop - replacement motherboard/cpu...but hard drive not working: Hi, I replaced my laptops motherboard/cpu as like for like. However, on start up, I get a blank screen and the hard drive whirs for a few seconds and then stops. Nothing else. Just blank screen.The hard drive shows up in Bios and it works as I've connected it externally to...
  7. Lenovo laptop - replacement motherboard/cpu...but hard drive not working

Lenovo laptop - replacement motherboard/cpu...but hard drive not working: Hi, I replaced my laptops motherboard/cpu as like for like. However, on start up, I get a blank screen and the hard drive whirs for a few seconds and then stops. Nothing else. Just blank screen.The hard drive shows up in Bios and it works as I've connected it externally to...
  8. Reinstall CPU/GPU driver?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall CPU/GPU driver?: Hello! I have problems with my pc at the moment and wanted to reinstall the CPU as well as gpu drivers and wanted to ask how to do that. lg CPU/GPU Treiber neu installieren?
  9. how do i update driver and laptop running at high cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i update driver and laptop running at high cpu: first of all don't tell me to go to manufacture website because that's completely unhelpful and it was a huge waste of time. im so frustrated with the performance of my new laptop, it was running at high cpu at start and slow so i tried updating the stock drivers that are...
  10. Laptop CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop CPU upgrade: Hi guys, I have a HP Pavilion dv2700, Wistron 30cd motherboard, and I am having an intention to upgrade my CPU. But there's a problem. Since I am just a PC noob, I don't know the maximum CPU which can be supported by the motherboard. Any ideas? I would appreciate very much...