Windows 10: Lenovo laptop crashed when transferring data and not booting anymore

Discus and support Lenovo laptop crashed when transferring data and not booting anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i was transferring data from my laptop to an external hard drive, when at around 75% completion the laptop crashed with blue screen. Since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DapperQuasar970, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Lenovo laptop crashed when transferring data and not booting anymore

Hi,

i was transferring data from my laptop to an external hard drive, when at around 75% completion the laptop crashed with blue screen. Since then it is not booting anymore, it gets into a boot loop showing the Lenovo logo and loading signal page repeatedly.

i tried changing boot mode to legacy as suggested in other threads, but without luck.

has anyone encountered this issue as well?

:)

DapperQuasar970, Mar 6, 2021

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 6, 2021
  3. shawna Win User
    Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

Hi all,

After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo (different resolution), blank screen, reboot.

Here's what I tried -

Windows 10 repair (created now from the new 1809 media tool):
    • System restore - no restore points have been created.
    • Startup Repair - did not work ("couldn't repair your PC"). Log file contains "Failure while setup is in progress".
    • Uninstall updates - unable to uninstall feature update ("we ran into a problem"). Was able to uninstall quality update 3 times but I'm not sure it's doing anything (still not booting).
    • chkdsk /r C: found no bad sectors.
    • sfc /scannow /offbootdir /offwindir found some bad data, but looking at the log it looks like these are just temporary files.
    • bootrec /fixmbr works but bootrec /fixboot prints "Access is denied" (I mounted the EFI partition and ran bcdboot but still got the same error).

Kyhi’s Rescue Disk:
    • I see my data on the C / system partition, so it doesn't look like the whole disk is corrupted.
    • I tried to enable safe mode by modifying the boot loader with EasyBCD to wait for my input on boot, but when I press F8 and choose safe mode the computer just reboots again.

Any suggestions on what else I can try before doing a clean install?

Log files: logs.zip

shawna, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Lenovo laptop crashed when transferring data and not booting anymore

Data transfer

I have purchased a data transfer cable thinking I would be able to transfer (a lot) of photographs from my Windows 10 PC to my laptop. However I cannot do this and have searched the internet and even contacted microsoft customer service who were no help
    at all (suggesting that I did it with a memory stick) I know that the Data Transfer is no longer available. All suggestions seem to be to transfer data TO windows 10. Can anybody help please?

ValerieFillingham, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Lenovo laptop crashed when transferring data and not booting anymore

1. Lenovo laptop crashed when transferring data and not booting anymore - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop crashed

2. Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep: I have been encountering a few issues with my laptop for quite some time. The first issue has been going on for longer than the second, so I am not sure if they are related. I did change the Sodimm ram from 8GB to 32GB about 8 months ago, but I changed it back last month to...
  3. Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashes on boot and when asleep: I have been encountering a few issues with my laptop for quite some time. The first issue has been going on for longer than the second, so I am not sure if they are related. I did change the Sodimm ram from 8GB to 32GB about 8 months ago, but I changed it back last month to...
  4. Took delivery of a Lenovo IdeaPad. Unexplainable data transfer

Took delivery of a Lenovo IdeaPad. Unexplainable data transfer: Dear Sir/Madam,I took delivery of a Lenovo IdeaPad yesterday with the usual concern about the data transfer phase. I had read up about it and I bought a High Speed Cable as advised. I spent about 3/4 of an hour with the preliminaries, MS A/C details, sorting out the internet...
  5. Took delivery of a Lenovo IdeaPad. Unexplainable data transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Took delivery of a Lenovo IdeaPad. Unexplainable data transfer: Dear Sir/Madam,I took delivery of a Lenovo IdeaPad yesterday with the usual concern about the data transfer phase. I had read up about it and I bought a High Speed Cable as advised. I spent about 3/4 of an hour with the preliminaries, MS A/C details, sorting out the internet...
  6. Lenovo laptop with slow boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop with slow boot: Hi guys,My uncle is gonna bring me his lenovo laptop in a while. He says the boot procedure is very low for a new laptop.Hi asked some questions and apparently he cloned his old dell laptop onto the new machine.Oooof.I was wondering, maybe we could check bcd? Help me sort...
  7. Lenovo laptop with slow boot

Lenovo laptop with slow boot: Hi guys,My uncle is gonna bring me his lenovo laptop in a while. He says the boot procedure is very low for a new laptop.Hi asked some questions and apparently he cloned his old dell laptop onto the new machine.Oooof.I was wondering, maybe we could check bcd? Help me sort...
  8. Transferring data from the boot drive to a secondary drive in a laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring data from the boot drive to a secondary drive in a laptop: This may be a dumb question but I have new laptop with a 500GB boot drive and a secondary 1TB spinner drive in it but have no idea on how to transfer say photos and other data like that from the boot drive to the larger disk. I don't wantto copy the Windows installation as...
  9. Data transfer to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data transfer to new laptop: Hello, What is the best way to transfer data from an old HP Win 10 laptop to new HP Win 10 laptop? Old laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive ~450GB used, Win 10 Home 64 New laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive + 256GB M.2 SSD, Win 10 Home 64 Plus I assume the OS will be loaded on...
  10. Data Transfer From Corrupted Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Transfer From Corrupted Laptop: I am unable to boot into my HP laptop running Windows 10. I tried every option in the blue screens including Troubleshoot, Automatic Repair and Recovery Manager all to no avail. I then chose to Reset with 'Reinstall Windows without removing your personal files and change...