Windows 10: Lenovo laptop failed during update

Discus and support Lenovo laptop failed during update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows demanded to update, it ran out of useable memory so I plugged in a solid state drive and now i have error box that says “please insert the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 2007superbee, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Lenovo laptop failed during update

Windows demanded to update, it ran out of useable memory so I plugged in a solid state drive and now i have error box that says “please insert the external media and press ok”.

It is stuck right there at that point. So, I bought a windows 10 USB stick. Inserted stick, powered up laptop, same thing. Tried repeatedly to boot into BIOS by pressing “control f12” on power up. What am i doing wrong? There is nothing in the memory of this stupid computer except a couple photos I’m not worried about losing. A full overwrite is my preference. Help!

This computer has only USB drives to externally access.

:)

2007superbee, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Terrible performance with latest windows 10 update on Lenovo Laptop

Since you have completed most of the steps on the list on how we can improve the PC performance in Windows 10, we can now check the components on your laptop. This is to make sure that the Windows Update is calibrated with the hardware on your laptop.
    This
    link
    contains an article by Andre Da Costa, wherein he listed on how to determine if the PC is compatible with the Windows 10. Please check if your Windows 10 has now the version 1709 by pressing
    Win + R then type winver. Select your OEM on the list and check if Lenovo has an update for the drivers on your laptop. You may also need Lenovo to assist you if there's an update with your laptop's system BIOS.

Regards.

Emmanuel Gam, Feb 13, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

Lenovo laptop failed during update

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo laptop failed during update

1. Lenovo laptop failed during update - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop failed

2. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update: Gets stuck in never ending loop of “something didn’t go right….please keep computer on”Tried hard reset but does same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-wont-restart-after-failed-update/bb190a08-d250-40f8-b836-5c7b92056e84
  3. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update: Gets stuck in never ending loop of “something didn’t go right….please keep computer on”Tried hard reset but does same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-wont-restart-after-failed-update/bb190a08-d250-40f8-b836-5c7b92056e84
  4. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 222H2 update fails during restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    222H2 update fails during restart: Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming...
  6. 222H2 update fails during restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    222H2 update fails during restart: Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming...
  7. 222H2 update fails during restart

8. Lenovo laptop stuck updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop stuck updating: The update will continually load to 97%, but it won't get past that even after leaving overnight. I know how to restore updates and clean boot from within windows, but I can't get into windows. There doesn't seem to be any bios screen or anything like that, the laptop just...
  9. Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Lenovo laptop after power outage during windows update.: Hello all, really hoping you can help me with this. And if I have put this thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to move it! Yesterday, I began the process of installing Xbox windows beta on my Laptop (Lenovo G500 Model Name 20236), the update informed me as part...
  10. Closing a laptop during an update

Closing a laptop during an update: It was time for me to go to sleep when my mom noticed my computer was still on she said it should be turned off but I tell her I can't because the laptop is updating, and then she grabs my laptop and closes it and puts it outside in the living room out of my reach, then today...