Windows 10: Lenovo Laptop Internet Issues

Discus and support Lenovo Laptop Internet Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I own a Lenovo Flex 5 14 inch model 81X2. It is a few months old and recently I have been having an issue with the wi-fi. This model does not support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ar1_212, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ar1_212 Win User

Lenovo Laptop Internet Issues

I own a Lenovo Flex 5 14 inch model 81X2. It is a few months old and recently I have been having an issue with the wi-fi. This model does not support an ethernet cable so I use only wireless, but it has shown up saying “a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken” in the troubleshooter, even though this laptop does not support ethernet. I have restarted my machine several times and have done a network reset but it is not connecting to wifi and this error keeps showing up. Please help me, I do not understand how to fix this.

:)

Ar1_212, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Ed Fisher Win User

Lenovo T450S laptop docking station issue

I am having difficulty utilizing a docking station with my Lenovo T450s laptop. I purchased the laptop in 2016 and it is running Windows 10. At the time of purchase I also bought a Lenovo docking station. At the suggestion of an IT person, I recently purchased a "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station.

The issue I am having now with both docking stations is that my second monitor does not get detected and only works when I connect directly to the laptop and it does not transfer the wired internet signal from the docking station to the laptop. The signal is fine when I connect directly to the laptop. All of the USB ports on the laptop are USB 3.0.

I was under the impression that I could plug the power for the laptop and one cable from the docking station and would be good to go. The printers connected through the docking stations work fine. I take my laptop home with me every day from work. Any suggestions to try?

Ed Fisher, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Lenovo Laptop Internet Issues

Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo Laptop Internet Issues

1. Lenovo Laptop Internet Issues - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop Internet

2. Laptop constant internet issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop constant internet issues: Hi, I recently got this laptop almost a year ago, and throughout this year I have had many problems with the wifi. Discord won't allow me to watch streams without persistent lag that other devices on my wifi connection have no trouble with, YouTube and other video streaming...
  3. Lenovo laptop issues!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop issues!: Hello! Is there anyone that could be able to help assist in laptop troubles?I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y700.My problem with the device is that it is unable to startup. The logo appears alongside "Preparing automatic repair," although, once the logo vanishes, it turns to a black...
  4. Lenovo laptop issues!

Lenovo laptop issues!: Hello! Is there anyone that could be able to help assist in laptop troubles?I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y700.My problem with the device is that it is unable to startup. The logo appears alongside "Preparing automatic repair," although, once the logo vanishes, it turns to a black...
  5. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop: Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop and for a week now it doesn't turn on if it's not plugged in. So for more information when i have it plugged in the battery light not the power one keeps blinking, and the color is orange. Can I do something to fix it or is it a permanent...
  6. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop: Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop and for a week now it doesn't turn on if it's not plugged in. So for more information when i have it plugged in the battery light not the power one keeps blinking, and the color is orange. Can I do something to fix it or is it a permanent...
  7. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

8. Lenovo Laptop Hibernate (?) issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Laptop Hibernate (?) issue?: So I've had a 'situation' with this laptop for almost two years. It's not a bug but a setting. But it does bug me, lol. I finally remembered to finally look into it. And what should have been simple (as usual with Windows) ain't. I have four PCs in my house. If they're...
  9. Lenovo Laptop experiencing a BIOS issue.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Laptop experiencing a BIOS issue.: Last night, my computer crashed with the code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. My computer then restarted, but didnt boot properly. This afternoon, I get home to my laptop saying in the top left corner, "BI InitializeLibrary failed 0xc00000bb" and I can't fix it. I am requesting help on...
  10. Hard disk issue Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk issue Lenovo Laptop: I am having issue with what I believe is a hard disk issue in my laptop, it is a 1tb seagate St1000LM024 disk, over 750gb free. Tried installing window 1803 feature update couple of nights ago took over 8 hours to install and that was after resetting the window update due to...