Windows 10: Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager

Discus and support Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with my laptop keyboard. I tried using a utility to update a bunch of my drivers at once (stupid, I know) without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Antoine Viatteau, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my laptop keyboard. I tried using a utility to update a bunch of my drivers at once (stupid, I know) without creating a restore point before (stupider). After doing that, and restarting my laptop to apply the changes, my keyboard and touchpad stopped working.

Following a guide I found online, I then tried to go to Device Manager > Keyboards > Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Uninstall device, and then restarted again for the correct driver to hopefully reinstall itself. That too did not work, and resulted in my keyboard now not showing up at all in the Device manager.

The touchpad is still there, but instead of uninstalling the device I tried Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices > Synaptics Pointing Device > Update driver, but apparently the best drivers are already installed.

I have Xubuntu dual-booted on my machine, so I checked on Xubuntu and in the BIOS menu - but they keyboard works perfectly in both cases, so I doubt it's a hardware issue.

I found another guide telling me to delete a certain value in the registry, which I did (but this time created a backup). Not only did that not help, but it also disabled the USB keyboard I'd been working with as well, so that was a no-go. I restored the backup and searched deeper.

Unfortunately, I found nothing. Out of desperation, I "refreshed" Windows 10 from the Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC (while keeping my files), made a clean installation of Windows (from the Windows Defender Security Center, also while keeping my files) and again made a clean installation of Windows, this time erasing everything. Nothing helped.

Is there any way to get my keyboard functioning again?

:)

Antoine Viatteau, Sep 22, 2019

2. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Sep 22, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager

1. Lenovo laptop keyboard doesn't work and doesn't show up in Device manager - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop keyboard

2. Hard disk shows up in device manager but doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk shows up in device manager but doesn't work: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Acer Aspire A515-51G System modelThis laptop includes two drives a 256GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. I am unable to use the HDD. In the 'This Pc' of the file explorer, there is only the smaller SSD drive. I have checked my Device...
  3. Hard disk shows up in device manager but doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk shows up in device manager but doesn't work: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Acer Aspire A515-51G System modelThis laptop includes two drives a 256GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. I am unable to use the HDD. In the 'This Pc' of the file explorer, there is only the smaller SSD drive. I have checked my Device...
  4. Hard disk shows up in device manager but doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio Jack Doesn't Work and Realtek Drivers Doesn't Show Up in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack Doesn't Work and Realtek Drivers Doesn't Show Up in Device Manager: I have a system, with Motherboard from gigabyte B760M D2H DDR4 rev 1.0, Intel i5-12400f, Asus dual amd 6700 xt, T-Force ram 16gb 3200mhz ddr4 and cabinet galax rev 01 white.both front and back audio ports don't work in it, and I can hear sound only with Bluetooth devices. I...
  6. Audio Jack Doesn't Work and Realtek Drivers Doesn't Show Up in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack Doesn't Work and Realtek Drivers Doesn't Show Up in Device Manager: I have a system, with Motherboard from gigabyte B760M D2H DDR4 rev 1.0, Intel i5-12400f, Asus dual amd 6700 xt, T-Force ram 16gb 3200mhz ddr4 and cabinet galax rev 01 white.both front and back audio ports don't work in it, and I can hear sound only with Bluetooth devices. I...
  7. Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio: This has been a consistent problem for months now. The past six months these drivers have uninstalled themselves four times, and each time fixes that work in the past don't work now.I have an MSI GS63 Stealth, and Realtek has completely disappeared from device manager.Upon...
  8. My sculpt keyboard doesn't work: doesn't show up as a device

My sculpt keyboard doesn't work: doesn't show up as a device: My sculpt keyboard suddenly stopped sending signal after I gently wiped the dust off it. It was working, and after dusting it stopped. The receiving dongle is detected, but no keyboard shows up in the device list. I don't see a pairing button nor a power switch for it....
  9. Keyboard suddenly stoped working and doesn't show on device manager.

Keyboard suddenly stoped working and doesn't show on device manager.: I have a hp z-book 15 the keyboard suddenly stopped working but the keyboard light can still turned on an off from the keyboard. Every other thing doesn't work. I tried updating the drive but doesn't show on device manager. I also tried trobule shooting the keyboard but...
  10. Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.

Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.: I have an HP model 15-bs289wm. I tried accessing the integrated webcam for work and when I use the Microsoft camera app I get a message that says "We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it is connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1909 lenovo keyboard missing

2. keyboard not found on device manager

3. lenovo built in keyboard in device manager

4. lenovo keyboard not showing on device manager,
  5. LENOVO keyboard doesnt work,
  6. keyboard not found in device manager lenovo,
  7. laptop keyboard not working