Windows 10: Lenovo laptop keyboard keys give wrong values when pressed after update.

Discus and support Lenovo laptop keyboard keys give wrong values when pressed after update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was typing a report on MS Word, everything was OK at first, but suddenly the keys on my keyboard started writing incorrect values. For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoyNasr, Jun 25, 2019.

1. RoyNasr Win User

Lenovo laptop keyboard keys give wrong values when pressed after update.

Hi, I was typing a report on MS Word, everything was OK at first, but suddenly the keys on my keyboard started writing incorrect values.

For example, the A key writes S, the S key writes F, the F key writes K...

And all the other keys also gave the wrong values, including the numpad, where the number keys do not write any keys at all (the numlock key also is not working).

I tried the following solutions but nothing have worked:

• Uninstalled the keyboard driver then I rebooted.
    • Checked the keyboard language which is normal (US QWERTY).
    • Ran the Windows built-in troubleshooter for the keyboard, but it detected no problems.
    • Tried to update windows but it already had the latest updates.

One thing to note is that when I sign out and when the lock screen appears, I enter my pin and the numbers are entered correctly with the keyboard, even thought these same keys do not write anything when signed in (if using notepad or ms word), which I think shows that there is no problem with the keyboard as hardware.

Another thing is that I recently updated Windows to the new May feature update, so I was wondering if this issue is caused by this update.

Any help will be appreciated!

:)

RoyNasr, Jun 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Lenovo laptop keyboard keys give wrong values when pressed after update.

laptop spacebar making 64 need help

my step son has a toshiba laptop. its not all that old. his keyboard started messing up. the spacebar when pressed in notpad/search etc it make the number 64. backspace gives a date stamp. the number 4 sometimes does 4 and sometimes does 64. im thinking he somehow pressed the wrong key and it inverted his keyboard somehow. but Me and laptops are like oil and water. help?

overclocking101, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo laptop keyboard keys give wrong values when pressed after update.

1. Lenovo laptop keyboard keys give wrong values when pressed after update. - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop keyboard

2. wireless MS keyboard keys give wrong results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless MS keyboard keys give wrong results: when using my left shift key on my wireless ms keyboard it shows a > Next to this when pressing the ' it shows 'l I tried already changing language and keyboard session, remove driver and restart so i really don't know how to solve this. Can you plse advise?...
  3. wireless MS keyboard keys give wrong results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless MS keyboard keys give wrong results: when using my left shift key on my wireless ms keyboard it shows a > Next to this when pressing the ' it shows 'l I tried already changing language and keyboard session, remove driver and restart so i really don't know how to solve this. Can you plse advise?...
  4. wireless MS keyboard keys give wrong results

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...
  6. Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?: I have 4 user accounts on my laptop and this error only occurs with one, with the others everything is normal. Anyway: The keyboard always gives me wrong characters. I click on the "u" and a "4" appears. And this is the case with several characters. Cleaning the keyboard...
  7. Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys

Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys: Hi! So basically, I was using my laptop and shut it down as I needed to go somewhere. I came back and turned my laptop back on and the keys were messed up pressing backspace presses backspace and /, pressing P presses left bracket and P, pressing caps lock presses W and caps...
  8. Wrong keys typing on laptop keyboard

Wrong keys typing on laptop keyboard: Hi, I need help with my keyboard settings, because when I type for example the symbol of the number 7 appears this "/" but the symbol that appears in the key is this "&", this happens with other keys too, like with 3, appears this "·" but the symbol that is in the key is "#"...
  9. Wrong key presses

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong key presses: I am trying to get used to a new keyboard. At bottom left it has Ctrl, Fn, Windows and Alt. When I go to press Ctrl-Alt, I accidentally press Ctrl-something else, either Fn or Windows. What do these combinations do, and how best to get out of the situation? One of these seems...
  10. I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol

I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol: A few days ago this issue appeared. I hit button on the keyboard, for instance A but I see “asd” on the screen. The same problem with some other buttons instead of S I see “sdf”....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo keyboard pressing random keys

2. exztra key pressed on keyboard lenovo laptop