Windows 10: Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

Discus and support Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My Lenovo laptop is currently stuck on an infinite boot loop after it froze at 60% of a Windows 10 update, I have not been able to have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhilFerreira, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

Hi,

My Lenovo laptop is currently stuck on an infinite boot loop after it froze at 60% of a Windows 10 update, I have not been able to have it properly update since the November update that also had issues and did not complete. Previous updates had issues, but seemingly ran their course.

Right now I am not able to get into the laptop as it pops up an attempt to either uninstall the update or I don't know.

Can't get to BIOS or any Windows option that can help me.

Can someone assist with this?

Thank you very much.

:)

PhilFerreira, Mar 14, 2020
  2. shawna Win User

Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

Hi all,

After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo (different resolution), blank screen, reboot.

Here's what I tried -

Windows 10 repair (created now from the new 1809 media tool):
    • System restore - no restore points have been created.
    • Startup Repair - did not work ("couldn't repair your PC"). Log file contains "Failure while setup is in progress".
    • Uninstall updates - unable to uninstall feature update ("we ran into a problem"). Was able to uninstall quality update 3 times but I'm not sure it's doing anything (still not booting).
    • chkdsk /r C: found no bad sectors.
    • sfc /scannow /offbootdir /offwindir found some bad data, but looking at the log it looks like these are just temporary files.
    • bootrec /fixmbr works but bootrec /fixboot prints "Access is denied" (I mounted the EFI partition and ran bcdboot but still got the same error).

Kyhi’s Rescue Disk:
    • I see my data on the C / system partition, so it doesn't look like the whole disk is corrupted.
    • I tried to enable safe mode by modifying the boot loader with EasyBCD to wait for my input on boot, but when I press F8 and choose safe mode the computer just reboots again.

Any suggestions on what else I can try before doing a clean install?

Log files: logs.zip

shawna, Mar 14, 2020
  3. MareeW1 Win User
    Stuck in a reboot loop after windows 10 update

My Lenovo laptop is stuck in a loop after trying to install a windows 10 update. The Lenovo icon comes on, then the spinning wheel then Attempting to..... then Restoring from previous version... then the Lenovo icon etc. I have tried leaving the machine
    run doing this for over 8 hours (some reports said that it fixed itself), I tried to boot into safe mode via different methods including pressing the start button three times as the Lenovo icon appeared. Any suggestions?

MareeW1, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

Lenovo G50 stuck in boot loop after windows update

Hi,

My computer is Lenovo G50 with windows 10. After my windows updated itself yesterday it got stuck in boot loop. It has a black screen with Lenovo text and error message saying "Install windows. Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows
    on this computer , restart the installation." When pressing OK or X it boots and repeats the text.

I was able to get into windows 10 boot menu by pressing reset button. I tried to start in Safe Mode but then the text changed "Can't install windows in Safe Mode".

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

TaskulamppuFixaaja, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

1. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop stuck

2. Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop: Model: Lenovo Legion t5 28IMB05Just bought a new second hand computer. A few seconds after starting the computer it shows the Lenovo logo and says preparing automatic repair. It stays like that for one second and then immediately shuts down and restarts and does the same...
  3. Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop: Model: Lenovo Legion t5 28IMB05Just bought a new second hand computer. A few seconds after starting the computer it shows the Lenovo logo and says preparing automatic repair. It stays like that for one second and then immediately shuts down and restarts and does the same...
  4. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  5. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  6. Lenovo stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo stuck in boot loop: Hi my Lenovo Flex 5 performed an update and is now useless.It has got stuck in the boot loop with constant blue screen of death.It wont allow me to reset the machine.It will not allow any unstallation of either quality or feature updates.It runs in to errors when it trys to...
  7. Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting: Hi I attempted a Windows update yesterday, the update failed and now the laptop is stuck in a loop of briefly saying 'undoing changes' and rebooting. I cannot access safe mode, tried F8, tried hard resetting 3 times. Tried hard reset 20 seconds and leaving for 10. I have...
  8. Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt

Lenovo Laptop stuck on Windows 10 boot loop after failed update attempt: Hi, My Lenovo G510 laptop is currently stuck on an infinite boot loop after it froze at 60% of a Windows 10 updateand i had to force shutdown, I have not been able to have it properly update since the November update that also had issues and did not complete. Previous...
  9. Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.

Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.: Main Issue Whenever I try to update Windows 10, the laptop begins installing the update, then when it restarts to continue installing the update, I can see the windows logo with the spinning dots, however when this disappears the screen stays on a black screen. I have tried...
  10. Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop: Hi all, After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo (different resolution), blank screen, reboot. Here's what I tried - Windows 10 repair (created now from the new 1809 media tool):...