Windows 10: Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.

Discus and support Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nippleSucker22, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.

As the title says, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. I thought this was typical Windows behavior until I saw my sister open her sleeping XPS 15's lid and the screen turned on in, like, a second.

I'm running Windows 10 1903.

Here are some of the specs, if it helps:

• Core i7 7700HQ
    • 16 GB RAM
    submitted by /u/nippleSucker22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nippleSucker22, Nov 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.

1. Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep. - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop takes

2. WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.: Everything was fine. I didn't change any settings i put my laptop into sleep mode and i open it after half an hour and the network wifi adapter is gone it says could not get enough power when i looked into event viewer. Please, help me to fix this laptop name is Lenovo.the...
  3. WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIfi adapter is missing suddenly from lenovo laptop after waking up from sleep.: Everything was fine. I didn't change any settings i put my laptop into sleep mode and i open it after half an hour and the network wifi adapter is gone it says could not get enough power when i looked into event viewer. Please, help me to fix this laptop name is Lenovo.the...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  5. Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.: Hello, people. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. If i leave it on for 30 minutes without touching the mouse or the keyboard, it will go automatically into sleep mode. If I do not move the mouse in 5 minutes after it giving me the black screen, it will not wake up...
  6. Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Screen Not Detected After Waking Up From Sleep: Sometimes when my laptop wakes from Sleep Mode the laptop screen will not wake, and when I connected to a second monitor to see what's going on it will say that only the second monitor is detected. Typically this problem will eventually fix after rebooting the laptop over and...
  7. Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode: As the title states, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Usually I just put up with it, but it took an exceptionally long 15 seconds today. I thought this was typical Windows behavior...
  8. Laptop waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  9. Laptop abruptly turning off anytime after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop abruptly turning off anytime after waking up from sleep: I have a Dell Laptop. Model: LATITUDE E6540 Core i7 - 4th Generation 8GB RAM 500 GB Harddrive Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics card AMD Radeon HD 8790M graphics card Direct X 12 Windows 10 Here is the problem description: Whenever I put my laptop on sleep mode for...
  10. Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep: Hi there, Recently I reinstalled windows 10 due to failure of reset/refresh as there is Windows B.T couldn't be deleted, and I tried to remove using disk cleanup, turned out that it doesn't work. Then I tried to use "take ownership" registry to delete the folder. (It...