Windows 10: Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.

Discus and support Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows. Since i updated it, if i leave it idle for 3 minutes, it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wolf Mark, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Wolf Mark Win User

Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.

Hello,

I have recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows.

Since i updated it, if i leave it idle for 3 minutes, it automatically shuts itself off completely, however all apps remain running.

I checked every power saving function, all of them are turned off, the laptop is always plugged in, and it still shuts itself off.

However, if i run it on an external battery, it does not shut itself off.

I need to run any program that's working in the backround, so that it will not shut off.

Best regards,

Wolf Mark

:)

Wolf Mark, Mar 25, 2020

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Mar 25, 2020
  3. dmholt57 Win User
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

What power plan are you using, High Performance, Balanced? Look in the power plan profile to change the advanced power settings. You will find settings for display, adapter, etc., if it says 3 minutes change it by clicking on it and using up or down arrows.
    Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes. [​IMG]

dmholt57, Mar 25, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

CAUGHT: Lenovo crams unremovable crapware into Windows laptops – by hiding it in the BIOS

@pigulici is your laptop Affected?

P4-630, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes. - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop turning

2. Blank blue screen when turn on computer, then after 2-3 minutes turn off by itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank blue screen when turn on computer, then after 2-3 minutes turn off by itself: Hello, i yesterday installed new driver for my Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, my PC worked fine, but today when I was working something on computer electricity shut down in my town. After electricity came back, i turned on PC and I had blank black screen, and it was loading...
  3. Blank blue screen when turn on computer, then after 2-3 minutes turn off by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank blue screen when turn on computer, then after 2-3 minutes turn off by itself: Hello, i yesterday installed new driver for my Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, my PC worked fine, but today when I was working something on computer electricity shut down in my town. After electricity came back, i turned on PC and I had blank black screen, and it was loading...
  4. Blank blue screen when turn on computer, then after 2-3 minutes turn off by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes: Hello, My screen on my Dell XPS 9570 turns off after 30 minutes exactly, to the second! even while I am actively using it. Upon using the keyboard or touchpad I re-enter the lock screen, where I can log in using fingerprint per usual. I checked the event viewer logs, and...
  6. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.: Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently I have been having a huge problem with this laptop. When I click to shut down my laptop the screen turns off normally, but...
  7. My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.: My computer turns it's self off after 20 minutes. I have gone to settings and changed the shut down times to never but it still is doing it. I've also told it to never go to sleep. It's driving me crazy....
  8. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...
  9. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...
  10. My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.: This is fairly new behavior. I had changed power options to turn off the screen from 2 hours down to 1 hour when this began. What have I done wrong? I only use the laptop plugged in so I didn't change the battery part of the power option. 99810

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo battery only lasts 10 minutes

2. my lenovo laptop automatically turns off every three minutes