Windows 10: Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.

Discus and support Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows. Since i updated it, if i leave it idle for 3 minutes, it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wolf Mark, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Wolf Mark Win User

Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.

Hello,

I have recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows.

Since i updated it, if i leave it idle for 3 minutes, it automatically shuts itself off completely, however all apps remain running.

I checked every power saving function, all of them are turned off, the laptop is always plugged in, and it still shuts itself off.

However, if i run it on an external battery, it does not shut itself off.

I need to run any program that's working in the backround, so that it will not shut off.

Best regards,

Wolf Mark

:)

Wolf Mark, Mar 25, 2020

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Mar 25, 2020
  3. dmholt57 Win User
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

What power plan are you using, High Performance, Balanced? Look in the power plan profile to change the advanced power settings. You will find settings for display, adapter, etc., if it says 3 minutes change it by clicking on it and using up or down arrows.
    Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes. [​IMG]

dmholt57, Mar 25, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

CAUGHT: Lenovo crams unremovable crapware into Windows laptops – by hiding it in the BIOS

@pigulici is your laptop Affected?

P4-630, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes. - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop turning

2. Turn Off Hard Disk After Setting Changes to 0 Minutes By Itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn Off Hard Disk After Setting Changes to 0 Minutes By Itself: Hi. I've found that on both of my pc's (1 desktop and 1 laptop) that the Turn Off Hard Disk After "x" minutes setting changes to 0 or never, usually after a reboot. The Default for my desktop is 15 minutes and for the laptop it's 3 minutes on battery power and 15 minutes...
  3. Webinar turns off after 10 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Webinar turns off after 10 minutes.: When I listen to a webinar my Windows 10 turns off after about 10 minutes. How do I change that? I have already adjusted the power options but that does not stop the turning off. Thanks, Mary...
  4. my laptop turns off every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop turns off every 15 minutes: I’ve set power options of my laptop running Windows 10 to never turn off but it started to turn off every 15 minutes. How can I fix it?...
  5. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443
  6. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...
  7. Upgraded to Windows 10, Monitor turns off after 1-3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to Windows 10, Monitor turns off after 1-3 minutes.: Upgraded to Windows 10 when I went to bad last night. I wake up to the computer beeping, 3 beeps at a time, nothing on screen. I decide to keep waiting, just in case. After many hours, I try anything to get it to react, but finally decide to force shutdown. Then, after...
  8. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...
  9. Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop completely shuts itself off after ~10-15 minutes of gaming: My laptop has recently begun shutting itself off after about 10 minutes of playing games. This is very recent and does not seem to be an issue of overheating, I have attached an external fan and the laptop is not hot when it turns off. It also does not seem to be an issue of...
  10. My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.: This is fairly new behavior. I had changed power options to turn off the screen from 2 hours down to 1 hour when this began. What have I done wrong? I only use the laptop plugged in so I didn't change the battery part of the power option. 99810