Windows 10: Lenovo laptop wakes up in PC Screen only mode

Discus and support Lenovo laptop wakes up in PC Screen only mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; 19041.867 4 year old laptop tha I use as a desktop with a nice external monitor. It had a lot of HDMI problems when it was new but so far has work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rboppy, Apr 9, 2021.

1. rboppy Win User

Lenovo laptop wakes up in PC Screen only mode

4 year old laptop tha I use as a desktop with a nice external monitor. It had a lot of HDMI problems when it was new but so far has work pretty good until a couple of days ago. Now after waking up from sleep, I have to open the lid, sign in then Windows Key P to get back to my external monitor. Do you thinks it's a hardware or software issue?

:)

rboppy, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Lenovo laptop wakes up in  PC Screen only mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Lenovo laptop wakes up in PC Screen only mode

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Lenovo laptop wakes up in PC Screen only mode

1. Lenovo laptop wakes up in PC Screen only mode - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop wakes

2. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Center Lenovo monitor not waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Center Lenovo monitor not waking up: Hello I have a three monitor system, the brand new center monitor a Lenovo is not waking up after sleep. I have tried to download a driver for this but the file turned out to be three read me files. In order to get the monitor to work I have to shut down the power to it...
  6. Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.: Hello, people. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. If i leave it on for 30 minutes without touching the mouse or the keyboard, it will go automatically into sleep mode. If I do not move the mouse in 5 minutes after it giving me the black screen, it will not wake up...
  7. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  8. Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.: As the title says, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. I thought this was typical Windows behavior until I saw my sister open her sleeping XPS 15's lid and the screen turned on in, like,...
  9. Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up: Hi, The screen on my laptop Fujitsu Lifebook U904 suddenly turned black when I took it off the docking. For a while, I could use an extern display to see the screen of the laptop. I tried to find out of it searching around on the internet and came over advice to go into the...
  10. Laptop only wakes up from sleep mode if I unplug the power cable

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop only wakes up from sleep mode if I unplug the power cable: Hi, My HP laptop is running Win10 with all updates installed as of tonight (12/28/16). A couple weeks ago my laptop stopped waking up from sleep mode. By playing around with it for a few days I realized that the only way to get it to wake up from sleep is to unplug the...