Windows 10: Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

Discus and support Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlistairJ, Dec 2, 2018.

1. AlistairJ Win User

Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see attached screen dump--and my laptop being plugged in, it still goes to sleep / shuts down after a short time of inactivity. Can any suggest why it is doing this and how to fix it?

:)

AlistairJ, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Annorax Win User

Laptop power button and sleep settings

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?

Annorax, Dec 2, 2018
  3. MRK4047 Win User
    Windows 10 Sleep & Power Settings

Hi All,

I am having a continuous problem with my HP Envy Laptop. First my mouse would not bring the laptop out of sleep mode. I went back into the power/sleep settings tried to correct that issue. Now my mouse will bring the laptop back from sleep mode. At least
    I think it is sleep mode. However, when I shut down my laptop, the power light is still on and does not go off. I have to hold it down for a few seconds before it actually shuts down. Does any know the actual or proper settings fir the power/sleep modes
    for a laptop. In my research, they PC experts say not to put a laptop into hibernate mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set the power/sleep mode settings for this thing to perform correctly?

Thanks,

Mark

MRK4047, Dec 2, 2018
  4. gmopro Win User

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop Power

2. power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep settings: I have a Surface Pro 7. I have all four power settings set to 15 minutes. My screen still turns of after 1 minute. What am I missing? What else can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep-settings/62217d41-6bea-4dda-953b-cbc41a78005b
  3. Settings to configure power and sleep are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings to configure power and sleep are not working: I set the setting for turning off the screen to 2 minutes and the screen never goes OFF, even overnight. I had a similar problem previously and changed the value in the power and sleep settings and in the sleep plan settings. That cleared the problem. Not this time. TIA...
  4. Windows 10 Power and sleep settings

Windows 10 Power and sleep settings: I'd like my laptop to act in such a way that I cannot seem to create and was wondering if anyone had a workaround? I would like my laptop to power off after a set amount of time of lid close or inactivity, at the moment only sleep is available which drains the battery...
  5. power & sleep settings

power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  6. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  7. HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings

HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings: HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings: Sleep/Never but computer shuts down and I have to constantly sign back in. Where is there a "shut down" command imbedded that I can't see? How can I fix this? I want the computer to shut down only if I manually do...
  8. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  9. Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working: Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see attached screen dump--and my laptop being plugged in, it still goes to sleep / shuts down after a short time of inactivity....
  10. Laptop power button and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop power button and sleep settings: Hi all, I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lenovo power and sleep settings

2. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

3. lenovo sleep mode settings

4. lenovo 530c power and sleep settings in windows 10,
  5. power and sleep settings windows 10 hp,
  6. lenovo power settings to never go to sleep,
  7. lenovo after hibernate wifi not work,
  8. windows laptop lenovo turn off sleep,
  9. lenovo best battery setting when sleep,
  10. lenovo windows 10 sleep,
  11. sleep mode in lenovo windows not functioning,