Windows 10: Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise - can't access local subnet resources

Discus and support Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise - can't access local subnet resources in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have issue with some of our users laptops. When user tries to connect resources that are placed in same subnet as laptop - connection fails.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by janiszz, Sep 3, 2019.

1. janiszz Win User

Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise - can't access local subnet resources

Hello

I have issue with some of our users laptops. When user tries to connect resources that are placed in same subnet as laptop - connection fails. Here are details:

1)User can't open intranet web sites using google chrome. Error message say's "Your internet access is blocked - ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED" At the same time I can open any internet sites and I can open same intranet site using internet explorer or edge.

2)From same laptop I can't make RDP connection to workstations or servers from same subnet, but I can make RDP connection to workstations or servers located in other subnets.

3)Other connections to same resources like access to server shares works.

4)RDP connection to Laptop which have issues from other workstation in same subnet works.

5)In same subnet are located laptops and workstations that don't have any connection issues to same resources

6)IPv4 Route Table is the same as for working Laptops

These are thing's I tried to fix issue, but they didn't worked:

*Disabled firewall and windows defender - there is no third party antivirus or firewalls installed

*Network settings reset and complete driver reinstall

*Switching from wifi to cable connection and vice versa (IP range for wifi and cable connection is the same and is controlled by same DHCP server) - looks like connection works for 2-4 seconds during switch over but then again stops

*Removing laptop from domain and joining back

*Disabling all group policies

*Disabling ipv6

*Provided different IP address that worked for other workstations

Only thing that helped was complete Windows reinstall. Maybe someone had similar issues and can help with advice?

:)

janiszz, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Ross211 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Remote access to my (local) server's folders

I am running a simple local fileserver. Windows based.

I would like to access (load, save, modify) what's on this server when I am away on business trips. Laptop -- internet -- router - server

What is the best way to do this? Setup WebDAV or ftp-server or something else? I would prefer direct access, ie. being able to load/save from an application rather than using ftp as a separate step.

Completely Bonkers, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise - can't access local subnet resources - Similar Threads - Lenovo laptop Enterprise

2. Windows 10 pro local account not able to access resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro local account not able to access resources: Hello,I would like to ask for an advise for the windows 10 pro related issue:I made a new installation, have an admin account and with an admin rights, i am able to access all the network resources. However, when i created a new local account for an employee, when logged in...
  3. Windows 10 pro local account not able to access resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro local account not able to access resources: Hello,I would like to ask for an advise for the windows 10 pro related issue:I made a new installation, have an admin account and with an admin rights, i am able to access all the network resources. However, when i created a new local account for an employee, when logged in...
  4. Windows 10 pro local account not able to access resources

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Access Drive on Different Subnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Drive on Different Subnet: Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access...
  6. Access Drive on Different Subnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Drive on Different Subnet: Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access...
  7. Lenovo laptop windows 10 cannot access bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptop windows 10 cannot access bios: Hello, i have a lenovo ideapad z570 laptop. after installing windows 10, i cannot access bios settings anymore. laptop starts nothing happens when bios access key (f2) pressed. it goes straight to the windows loading screen bypassing the bios. and no uefi setting is...
  8. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources: I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise with a local Windows 10 VM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise with a local Windows 10 VM license: Hello, I have a 10 Enterprise on my laptop. I can't seem to figure out if the license is per user or per device. I need to run a local Windows 10 VM and need to verify license requirements. As the main user of this laptop, I would be the only one accessing the VM and it...
  10. Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop: Cannot Access Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop: Cannot Access Homegroup: I am not sure what happened to my settings, but if anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated! I am running a Lenovo Win 10 notebook on a home system, at least theoretically networked into two Win 10 PC's and one Win 7 PC. Now, all of a sudden, the notebook only shows...