Windows 10: Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting

Discus and support Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Professional is not booting and gets stuck at the first Logo Screen. How do I reformat the hard drive to freshly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by junglee, Apr 20, 2019.

1. junglee Win User

Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting

My Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Professional is not booting and gets stuck at the first Logo Screen. How do I reformat the hard drive to freshly re-install Windows 10 with my Windows 10 installation DVD? Existing data on the hard drive not to be saved. Please help urgently.

Amarnath Wanchoo

:)

junglee, Apr 20, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting

Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting

1. Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop Prof

2. Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode: I was having issues with my laptop,so decided to reset it.It got stuck for 6 hours on 74%, I rebooted, said diagnosing, the attempting repairs. States cannot fix it, asks for password for Microsoft account.I had to reset that,won't let me in,won't boot in to safe mode.Tried...
  3. Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Lenovo laptop won't boot into safemode: I was having issues with my laptop,so decided to reset it.It got stuck for 6 hours on 74%, I rebooted, said diagnosing, the attempting repairs. States cannot fix it, asks for password for Microsoft account.I had to reset that,won't let me in,won't boot in to safe mode.Tried...
  4. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  5. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  6. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot: Hello, I have created an installation media tool and have done a clean boot in the past for my Lenovo laptop. However, I did not follow all the instructions and did not delete all partitions. I had a jungle with so many files and slow running laptop. I knew this will...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 prof to Windows 10 prof is not successfull

Upgrade from Windows 7 prof to Windows 10 prof is not successfull: I tried to upgrade my Windows 7 prof to Windows 10 prof by MediaCreationTool1909. Without success. I got only this error message: Error Code 0x8007042B - 0x3000D, The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. "Help" from...
  9. Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely

Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely: Welcome to my nightmare! My Lenovo Laptop recently started an uninterruptible looping where it displays "Toshiba Leading Innovation", followed by twirling circle dots followed by"Attempting to recover installation", followed by "Restoring your previous version of...
  10. Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop: ​I'm having trouble logging into my computer (Windows 10 - Lenovo laptop). I was bypassing the password but periodically I have to change it. I have forgotten the pw so I can't get in. I thought I could go into safe mode to fix it, but having trouble with that. I thought...