Windows 10: Lenovo Legion 5 15

Discus and support Lenovo Legion 5 15 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just bought a Lenovo Legion 5. Ryzen 7 5800H Nvidia RTX3070 8Gb 16Gb Hyper X Impact 3200 1 Tb Samsung 980 NVMe 3x4 M.2 SSD QHD x 165Hz screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tec numb nuts, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Lenovo Legion 5 15

I have just bought a Lenovo Legion 5. Ryzen 7 5800H Nvidia RTX3070 8Gb 16Gb Hyper X Impact 3200 1 Tb Samsung 980 NVMe 3x4 M.2 SSD QHD x 165Hz screen Windows 10 21H1 This is the fastest thing I have ever used. Until June this year all I had was a Chromebook, then I bought an Asus PN50-E1 and I thought that was fast, what have I been missing all these years. Anyone else out there got one of these Legions, if so, got any advice on how best set this up to get the max out of it.

:)

Tec numb nuts, Jul 15, 2021

2. Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking

My Lenovo Legion 5 (82AU00BVUS) keeps waking from sleep, even though I've taken all sorts of steps to prevent it. WinVer: 20H2 (19042.867)

System bios info:
    SMBIOSBIOSVersion
    EFCN38WW

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Disable wake timers

I completely disabled wake timers in Power Options:

Lenovo Legion 5 15 [​IMG]

2. Checked wake_armed devices

I checked which devices are "wake_armed" in powercfg. Armed devices include the keyboard, and the ethernet port of an external dock, which is strange because when I look in device manager at that ethernet port, the enable wake is disabled, so something isn't adding up right.

3. Check Device Manager

In Device Manager, I checked on the eXtensible Host Controller that you see mentioned above as the cause of the last wake event. There's only one such controller:

And the device properties:

As you can see, according to device manager properties, the device isn't allowed to wake up the computer - and yet it did.

And remember how it said that the Plugable ethernet was wake_armed? Well check this out:

4. Check Event Viewer

Event viewer confirms the eXtensible host controller as the cause of the wake event:

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2021‎-‎03‎-‎25T21:37:43.268198000Z
    Wake Time: ‎2021‎-‎03‎-‎25T22:46:01.919720100Z

Wake Source: Device -Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
    Summary

1. In power settings, wake from sleep is disabled entirely.
    2. The system is being woke by a device that, in device manager, shows isn't even allowed to wake up the computer.
    3. Another device (plugable ethernet) shows in powercfg that it is wake_armed, even though its power configuration in device manager says the opposite.

Something crazy is going on here. How do I stop this computer from waking up?

technonaut, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

Source: Mobile mayhem abounds with Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Lenovo Legion 5 15

New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

Source: Mobile mayhem abounds with Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Lenovo Legion 5 15

1. Lenovo Legion 5 15 - Similar Threads - Lenovo Legion

2. lenovo legion is very for window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo legion is very for window 11: I have lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0, with 8 gb ram 125 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd but it is very slow and I upgraded to window 11 Windows 11, march 2024 update. I did clean install too but still slow and It was fast before that update I did everything I could but can't help....
  3. lenovo legion is very for window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lenovo legion is very for window 11: I have lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0, with 8 gb ram 125 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd but it is very slow and I upgraded to window 11 Windows 11, march 2024 update. I did clean install too but still slow and It was fast before that update I did everything I could but can't help....
  4. hello everyone, my Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop Crashes and have BSOD, please help !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello everyone, my Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop Crashes and have BSOD, please help !: i used the tool WhoCrashed but i couldn't understand what the problem, i even got a new ssd and new ram sticks, but no luck, the machine does not overheat, im so frustrated i cant use the pc it keep crashing on me, please help and thank you in advance ! i uploaded the...
  5. hello everyone, my Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop Crashes and have BSOD, please help !

hello everyone, my Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop Crashes and have BSOD, please help !: i used the tool WhoCrashed but i couldn't understand what the problem, i even got a new ssd and new ram sticks, but no luck, the machine does not overheat, im so frustrated i cant use the pc it keep crashing on me, please help and thank you in advance ! i uploaded the...
  6. hello everyone, my Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop Crashes and have BSOD, please help !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My lenovo legion 5 back ports have stop working and i keep getting error 43 on my devices I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lenovo legion 5 back ports have stop working and i keep getting error 43 on my devices I...: I have all my ports updated and I have deleted them and reinstalled them but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-legion-5-back-ports-have-stop-working/6bc7d08b-818e-46fa-ab30-d1ffa51b31a9
  8. My lenovo legion 5 back ports have stop working and i keep getting error 43 on my devices I...

My lenovo legion 5 back ports have stop working and i keep getting error 43 on my devices I...: I have all my ports updated and I have deleted them and reinstalled them but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-legion-5-back-ports-have-stop-working/6bc7d08b-818e-46fa-ab30-d1ffa51b31a9
  9. Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...: I have a Lenovo legion go. I was using it perfectly an hour before this happened, but when I came back and tried to log in. The login page said, “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again”. if I click set up pin, takes me to the same...
  10. Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...

Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...: I have a Lenovo legion go. I was using it perfectly an hour before this happened, but when I came back and tried to log in. The login page said, “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again”. if I click set up pin, takes me to the same...