Windows 10: Lenovo Legion 5 15

Discus and support Lenovo Legion 5 15 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just bought a Lenovo Legion 5. Ryzen 7 5800H Nvidia RTX3070 8Gb 16Gb Hyper X Impact 3200 1 Tb Samsung 980 NVMe 3x4 M.2 SSD QHD x 165Hz screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tec numb nuts, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Lenovo Legion 5 15

I have just bought a Lenovo Legion 5. Ryzen 7 5800H Nvidia RTX3070 8Gb 16Gb Hyper X Impact 3200 1 Tb Samsung 980 NVMe 3x4 M.2 SSD QHD x 165Hz screen Windows 10 21H1 This is the fastest thing I have ever used. Until June this year all I had was a Chromebook, then I bought an Asus PN50-E1 and I thought that was fast, what have I been missing all these years. Anyone else out there got one of these Legions, if so, got any advice on how best set this up to get the max out of it.

:)

Tec numb nuts, Jul 15, 2021

2. Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking

My Lenovo Legion 5 (82AU00BVUS) keeps waking from sleep, even though I've taken all sorts of steps to prevent it. WinVer: 20H2 (19042.867)

System bios info:
    SMBIOSBIOSVersion
    EFCN38WW

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Disable wake timers

I completely disabled wake timers in Power Options:

Lenovo Legion 5 15 [​IMG]

2. Checked wake_armed devices

I checked which devices are "wake_armed" in powercfg. Armed devices include the keyboard, and the ethernet port of an external dock, which is strange because when I look in device manager at that ethernet port, the enable wake is disabled, so something isn't adding up right.

3. Check Device Manager

In Device Manager, I checked on the eXtensible Host Controller that you see mentioned above as the cause of the last wake event. There's only one such controller:

And the device properties:

As you can see, according to device manager properties, the device isn't allowed to wake up the computer - and yet it did.

And remember how it said that the Plugable ethernet was wake_armed? Well check this out:

4. Check Event Viewer

Event viewer confirms the eXtensible host controller as the cause of the wake event:

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2021‎-‎03‎-‎25T21:37:43.268198000Z
    Wake Time: ‎2021‎-‎03‎-‎25T22:46:01.919720100Z

Wake Source: Device -Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
    Summary

1. In power settings, wake from sleep is disabled entirely.
    2. The system is being woke by a device that, in device manager, shows isn't even allowed to wake up the computer.
    3. Another device (plugable ethernet) shows in powercfg that it is wake_armed, even though its power configuration in device manager says the opposite.

Something crazy is going on here. How do I stop this computer from waking up?

technonaut, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

Source: Mobile mayhem abounds with Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Lenovo Legion 5 15

New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

Source: Mobile mayhem abounds with Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Lenovo Legion 5 15

1. Lenovo Legion 5 15 - Similar Threads - Lenovo Legion

2. So I use a hwid spoofer on my legion Lenovo gaming laptop and it’s in a automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So I use a hwid spoofer on my legion Lenovo gaming laptop and it’s in a automatic repair loop: So I spoofer then restarted and it’s in an automatic repair loop and I’ve tried all the YouTube videos but none work I need some help : or I have to pay 500$ to a programmer*Moved from VM forum...
  3. So I use a hwid spoofer on my legion Lenovo gaming laptop and it’s in a automatic repair loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    So I use a hwid spoofer on my legion Lenovo gaming laptop and it’s in a automatic repair loop: So I spoofer then restarted and it’s in an automatic repair loop and I’ve tried all the YouTube videos but none work I need some help : or I have to pay 500$ to a programmer...
  4. Oculus Rift S not working on Lenovo legion 5 pro gen 6 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oculus Rift S not working on Lenovo legion 5 pro gen 6 Laptop: Hello! im not even sure if i can post this question here but please help if you can. i have a Lenovo legion 5 pro gen 6 Laptop that only has an HDMI port and 2 USB-C ports that ive tried to use with USB-C to DisplayPort adapters that have been recommended, but does not work....
  5. Lenovo Legion Desktop 5i keeps freezing and bsoding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Legion Desktop 5i keeps freezing and bsoding: Recently, I got a legion 5i, model T5-28IMB05. It's a great pc, it has good specs and it's really fast in games. However, since day one I've been getting random freezing issues. This happens absolutely randomly, but not so often - only once a day. Whenever I'm doing anything...
  6. My Lenovo Legion T530 Keeps Blue Screening

My Lenovo Legion T530 Keeps Blue Screening: Hello, I have a Lenovo Legion T530 that keeps Blue Screening, after about 5-20 minutes of running, but usually while not playing video games. This started happening in late 2020, somewhere around August-December. During that time I did not have the ability or time to get it...
  7. Clean install windows 10, USB drive not showing on boot menu, Lenovo Legion Y530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install windows 10, USB drive not showing on boot menu, Lenovo Legion Y530: Hello,My computer didn't make it after the last Windows update, so I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH.The other computer available to me is a MacBook Pro 2015, OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6, from which I am currently seeking...
  8. Problem with keyboard configuration on Lenovo Legion Y530

Problem with keyboard configuration on Lenovo Legion Y530: At the beggining I thought this was liquid damage because I cleaned my keyboard with alcohol and a cloth.The letter E and FN were not working and noticed while trying to enter my Windows password. But after doing normal troubleshooting by updating drivers, uninstalling and...
  9. Lenovo Legion 5 laptop stuck on “now let’s see what’s new from windows”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Legion 5 laptop stuck on “now let’s see what’s new from windows”: Hi, I recently got this laptop and it’s been stuck on this part of the set up for about 3 hours now, should I try and reboot it or should i wait more. thanks...
  10. Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking: My Lenovo Legion 5 (82AU00BVUS) keeps waking from sleep, even though I've taken all sorts of steps to prevent it. WinVer: 20H2 (19042.867) System bios info: SMBIOSBIOSVersion EFCN38WW Here's what I've done so far: 1. Disable wake timers I completely disabled wake timers...