Windows 10: Lenovo Legion T530 / No OS found after upgrade to Window 10 2004

Discus and support Lenovo Legion T530 / No OS found after upgrade to Window 10 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Legion T530 desktop. After September 2020 Windows Updates, I saw that Version 2004 was finally ready for my platform. I have 2 other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TracyII, Sep 10, 2020.

1. TracyII Win User

Lenovo Legion T530 / No OS found after upgrade to Window 10 2004

I have a Lenovo Legion T530 desktop. After September 2020 Windows Updates, I saw that Version 2004 was finally ready for my platform. I have 2 other system in the house a Dell XPS desktop and Dell XPS laptop which I had already upgrade to Version 2004 earlier last month.
    I kicked off the upgrade and when I came back I got this:
    >>Checking Media Presence.....
    >>Media Present.....
    >>Start PXE over IPv4

I went into BIOS and disable the boot from network and then got:
    Error 1962: No operation system found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat.

The BIOS shows that first device it boots to M.2 KBG30ZMT 128GB Toshiba is present and the SATA is also there.

I even did the whole enable CSM, boot Auto, UEFI First -- Originally, CSM disable - UEFI Only -- nothing changed, as expected

I boot the recovery USB, and try the repair, nothing. Drop to command line and use DISKPART to see if the disks are there.

DISKPART shows the 1TB SATA drive C:, the DVD drive, and of course the USB recovery but not SSD. Not sure if DISKPART sees SSD or not. I don't use DISKPART a lot.

So question, system was running perfectly until I told it to update to Windows 10 v2004 and on the reboot, cannot boot to SSD. Corrupt boot on the SSD caused by the update? Maybe it really wasn't ready for Lenovo Legion T530. Since this is a large desktop, never get bumped, area not prone to earthquakes, no kids to muck about -- how could a cable come loose with just a reboot, so I've not check the cabling. It's a large desktop so checking cables is not a minor task.

Ideas? Can a SSD just go bad in an instant? I have backups, I can get my data off the SATA just fine. Just want to know if I should get a new SSD or if there's something about Windows 10 v.2004 I don't know and should avoid.

:)

TracyII, Sep 10, 2020

2. Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Hi.

Yesterday I picked up my Lenovo Legion with Windows 10. I've set it up and updated all apps and OS.

1. If I unpin apps from the menu tiles, they re-appear after a re-boot.

2. Tons of apps (candy crush) are listen and can only be pinned to the tile, not removed from the list. I have no interest in playing Minecraft or Candy Crush.

Please help.

/Per

Per-Pettersson, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

Source: Mobile mayhem abounds with Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

Source: Mobile mayhem abounds with Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo Legion T530 / No OS found after upgrade to Window 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Lenovo Legion T530

2. lenovo legion is very for window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo legion is very for window 11: I have lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0, with 8 gb ram 125 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd but it is very slow and I upgraded to window 11 Windows 11, march 2024 update. I did clean install too but still slow and It was fast before that update I did everything I could but can't help....
  3. Windows 22H2 update fails on Lenovo T530

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 22H2 update fails on Lenovo T530: This update has failed repeatedly, I would appreciate any ideas as to how to resolve it.I have run the troubleshooters and DISM scans.Here are logfiles from panther and rollback directories as I have seen in other posts:2 Items...
  4. Windows 22H2 update fails on Lenovo T530

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 22H2 update fails on Lenovo T530: This update has failed repeatedly, I would appreciate any ideas as to how to resolve it.I have run the troubleshooters and DISM scans.Here are logfiles from panther and rollback directories as I have seen in other posts:2 Items...
  5. My Lenovo Legion T530 Keeps Blue Screening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Lenovo Legion T530 Keeps Blue Screening: Hello, I have a Lenovo Legion T530 that keeps Blue Screening, after about 5-20 minutes of running, but usually while not playing video games. This started happening in late 2020, somewhere around August-December. During that time I did not have the ability or time to get it...
  6. BSOD After Lenovo Driver Updates on T530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD After Lenovo Driver Updates on T530: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjjrNd8dKVXHhFQYOqwjeQkivwWN?e=KN0t0l I have attached my Minidumps above. I have a new install of windows 10 and I ran lenovos driver update tool and now I continue to get a BSOD error shortly after boot usually but sometimes I get a bit of time. I...
  7. Lenovo Legion Y520 windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Legion Y520 windows 10 2004: Hi everyone i would like to know if my laptop could ever get the new version update cause currently im still at 1909 and it says The "Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." for few months now...
  8. New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades: If you’re among the breed of gamers who like to take their action on the go, you’ll want to check out the five gaming laptops Lenovo has beefed up with the latest 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors and the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and 1660 Ti GPUs, plus two new...
  9. Lenovo Legion Y520

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Legion Y520: Do any of you have a Lenovo laptop? I've just bought one - the spec looked very impressive and it is, performance-wise. But it was advertised as a Windows 10 laptop and it looks to me like it's a Win 8/Win 10-ready. (I won't know for sure until I've checked it after it's...
  10. Lenovo T530 display issue - random blanking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo T530 display issue - random blanking: I had no display issues with Win7 Pro 32-bit, but having migrated to Win 10, the display will randomly go black, sometimes with the mouse cursor visible. There is disk activity but no key combination seems to get the display on again so I end up rebooting via the power button...