Windows 10: Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Discus and support Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Yesterday I picked up my Lenovo Legion with Windows 10. I've set it up and updated all apps and OS. 1. If I unpin apps from the menu tiles,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Per-Pettersson, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Hi.

Yesterday I picked up my Lenovo Legion with Windows 10. I've set it up and updated all apps and OS.

1. If I unpin apps from the menu tiles, they re-appear after a re-boot.

2. Tons of apps (candy crush) are listen and can only be pinned to the tile, not removed from the list. I have no interest in playing Minecraft or Candy Crush.

Please help.

/Per

:)

Per-Pettersson, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

gamescom 2017: Lenovo announces new Windows 10 Legion gaming towers

Source: gamescom 2017: Lenovo announces new Legion gaming towers powered by Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Lenovo legion y520 not registering mic

But my laptop only has 1 input jack.

You need to talk to Lenovo as their own website and documentation contains conflicting information.

From their website:

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu EqQsc.png

You can see it clearly says:

Source Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop

From the user manual:

Source Lenovo Y520 Y520-15IKBN User Guide

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu K457F.png

You can see it clearly says:

DavidPostill, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Octavean Win User

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Lenovo First Major PC OEM to Bundle Third-Party Windows 8 Start Menu

The first OEM provided / included Start Menu replacement I recall hearing about came from HP and that was a while ago,........

So this is a bit confusing IMO. Who did it first?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03557078

The Arstechnica artical is claiming some issues with it:

“Start menu” on Lenovo Windows 8 PCs will nag you to install apps
    It looks kind of like a Start menu, but it's really an App Store

Octavean, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

1. Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu - Similar Threads - Lenovo Legion locked

2. start menu tiles are locked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu tiles are locked.: Hi All, i recently got a laptop from my organisation & the start tile menu is locked. i would like to add new tiles & remove the existing ones. is there a way to do so. i got new apps to replace the windows defaults such as VLC & Mathematica but when i try to add them to...
  3. BSOD - SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR on new Lenovo Legion 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR on new Lenovo Legion 5: Hi, I have a new (2 weeks old) Lenovo Legion 5 that just blue screened. I'm running Windows 10 x64, v2004 (Build 19041.388). Here is a link to the requested log files: Dropbox - JBP-LAPTOP-2020-(2020-08-05_18-13-18).zip - Simplify your life The BSOD occurred as I tried to...
  4. Lenovo Legion Y520 windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Legion Y520 windows 10 2004: Hi everyone i would like to know if my laptop could ever get the new version update cause currently im still at 1909 and it says The "Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." for few months now...
  5. New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs: [ATTACH] The latest wave of Lenovo Legion PCs equips gamers with advances such as cooler thermals, keyboard improvements and extended battery life. The latest 10th Gen Intel Core H-Series or AMD Ryzen 4000 Series mobile processors power this lineup, and up to the recently...
  6. New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad gaming upgrades: If you’re among the breed of gamers who like to take their action on the go, you’ll want to check out the five gaming laptops Lenovo has beefed up with the latest 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors and the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and 1660 Ti GPUs, plus two new...
  7. Big Windows crash - Lenovo Legion Y520

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big Windows crash - Lenovo Legion Y520: My laptop crashed. I hit save on a jpeg file, and went downstairs to feed my dogs. Upon my return, i discovered that my laptop was showing a blue screen that it was unable to auto repair. I am attempting to reinstall windows 10. But i want to be able to recover my personal...
  8. Lenovo Legion Y520

Lenovo Legion Y520: Do any of you have a Lenovo laptop? I've just bought one - the spec looked very impressive and it is, performance-wise. But it was advertised as a Windows 10 laptop and it looks to me like it's a Win 8/Win 10-ready. (I won't know for sure until I've checked it after it's...
  9. My new Lenovo legion laptop gets stuck in start up

My new Lenovo legion laptop gets stuck in start up: When my new laptop first started up went fine. But did all off windows updates now stuck at command prompt X: \windows\system32>. A winpeshl.ini file is present, but no commands were successfully launched. Please help Thank you Steve huth...
  10. Lock screen to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen to Start Menu: How do I get the computer to go from the Lock screen directly to the Start screen, without going to the Desktop first ? 53575