Windows 10: Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Discus and support Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Yesterday I picked up my Lenovo Legion with Windows 10. I've set it up and updated all apps and OS. 1. If I unpin apps from the menu tiles,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Per-Pettersson, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Hi.

Yesterday I picked up my Lenovo Legion with Windows 10. I've set it up and updated all apps and OS.

1. If I unpin apps from the menu tiles, they re-appear after a re-boot.

2. Tons of apps (candy crush) are listen and can only be pinned to the tile, not removed from the list. I have no interest in playing Minecraft or Candy Crush.

Please help.

/Per

:)

Per-Pettersson, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

gamescom 2017: Lenovo announces new Windows 10 Legion gaming towers

Source: gamescom 2017: Lenovo announces new Legion gaming towers powered by Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Lenovo legion y520 not registering mic

But my laptop only has 1 input jack.

You need to talk to Lenovo as their own website and documentation contains conflicting information.

From their website:

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu EqQsc.png

You can see it clearly says:

Source Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop

From the user manual:

Source Lenovo Y520 Y520-15IKBN User Guide

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu K457F.png

You can see it clearly says:

DavidPostill, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Octavean Win User

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

Lenovo First Major PC OEM to Bundle Third-Party Windows 8 Start Menu

The first OEM provided / included Start Menu replacement I recall hearing about came from HP and that was a while ago,........

So this is a bit confusing IMO. Who did it first?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03557078

The Arstechnica artical is claiming some issues with it:

“Start menu” on Lenovo Windows 8 PCs will nag you to install apps
    It looks kind of like a Start menu, but it's really an App Store

Octavean, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu

1. Lenovo Legion with a locked (?) start menu - Similar Threads - Lenovo Legion locked

2. lenovo legion is very for window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo legion is very for window 11: I have lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0, with 8 gb ram 125 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd but it is very slow and I upgraded to window 11 Windows 11, march 2024 update. I did clean install too but still slow and It was fast before that update I did everything I could but can't help....
  3. Boot Issue with Lenovo Legion 7i

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Issue with Lenovo Legion 7i: HelloYesterday, windows started doing an update without asking me first, while my Laptop was unplugged. I couldn't do anything about it and hoped it would finish before the battery dies. It did, and I could use it normally for a few hours, and then it went into sleep more I...
  4. The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone: Hello, I have a problem with connecting any microphone to my laptop. I tried multiple times, searched through Internet for the solution without any results. I have only one jack for both headphones and mic. The problem is when I plug the only the mic I can not change the...
  5. The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone: Hello, I have a problem with connecting any microphone to my laptop. I tried multiple times, searched through Internet for the solution without any results. I have only one jack for both headphones and mic. The problem is when I plug the only the mic I can not change the...
  6. Lenovo Legion 5i - MJ0DGE8W bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Legion 5i - MJ0DGE8W bsod: Hi i've been having Bsod issues the last few days, just bought the computer on Friday. It's a Lenovo Legion 5i - MJ0DGE8W i5-104008gb ram64 bit os Windows 10 home version 20h2 os build 19042.1387I think the earlier crashes caused by ntoslrnl.exe we're related to my nvidia...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05: I have been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error for almost 10 days now every time i watch a video on youtube or play a game the pc just crashesfor 2-5 minutes before I get BSOD.I've used almost all online solutions none work I even rolled back my Nvidia drivers to the...
  8. Lenovo Legion 5 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Legion 5 15: I have just bought a Lenovo Legion 5. Ryzen 7 5800H Nvidia RTX3070 8Gb 16Gb Hyper X Impact 3200 1 Tb Samsung 980 NVMe 3x4 M.2 SSD QHD x 165Hz screen Windows 10 21H1 This is the fastest thing I have ever used. Until June this year all I had was a Chromebook, then I bought an...
  9. New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs: [ATTACH] The latest wave of Lenovo Legion PCs equips gamers with advances such as cooler thermals, keyboard improvements and extended battery life. The latest 10th Gen Intel Core H-Series or AMD Ryzen 4000 Series mobile processors power this lineup, and up to the recently...
  10. Lenovo Legion Y520

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Legion Y520: Do any of you have a Lenovo laptop? I've just bought one - the spec looked very impressive and it is, performance-wise. But it was advertised as a Windows 10 laptop and it looks to me like it's a Win 8/Win 10-ready. (I won't know for sure until I've checked it after it's...