Windows 10: Lenovo Miix 510 touchscreen not working - wacom error 10 in device manager

Discus and support Lenovo Miix 510 touchscreen not working - wacom error 10 in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchscreen has stopped working. Everything was fine and the last time I used it, windows 10 wanted to do an update so I would have selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SueSmiles, Aug 31, 2020.

1. SueSmiles Win User

Lenovo Miix 510 touchscreen not working - wacom error 10 in device manager

My touchscreen has stopped working.

Everything was fine and the last time I used it, windows 10 wanted to do an update so I would have selected update and shut down.

A few months later I tried to turn it on and nothing. It wouldn't even boot.

I disassembled the device and followed instructions to disconnect the battery, hold down the power key, leave it disconnected for a few hours, then reconnect, check the screen connections and reassemble.

It powered up and worked great in every way except for the touch screen.

In device manager it shows that there is an error with the wacom driver and it says 'This device cannot start code 10. A request for the HID descriptor failed'

I've tried downloading the drivers from lenovo and reinstalling, I've tried downloading the drivers from intel and no success.

I cannot find an answer on any of the forums and others seems to have had the same problem without a solution.

Surely there is a workaround to make the touchscreen work??

Otherwise this is just a laptop and can't be used as a tablet which is why I bought it.

Help please!!!

Sue.

:)

SueSmiles, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Jess Bor Win User

Wacom driver error 10 on Lenovo Miix 510

Hi Derek,

We appreciate you posting your concern here in the Community forum. In order to help you with your Wacom driver issue, kindly follow the steps suggested below:

1. Click the Start button from the bottom left portion of the screen.
    2. Once the search field appear, type Services and press
      Enter
    3. In the Services window, scroll down to Wacom Professional Service.
    4. Right-click the Wacom Professional Service and choose
      Start

If the steps above doesn't help, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom driver without turning off or disabling the Windows firewall. You may also choose to rollback the Wacom driver if it is working correctly before. Use the following steps:

1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    3. Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select
      Properties
    4. Navigate to Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

Let us know the result by replying to this thread.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Aug 31, 2020
  3. hid device touchscreen problem- win 10, lenovo miix 2 tablet

lenovo miix 2 8 inch tab. touchscreen rarely working. problem started with win8.1. worked for a moment when upgraded to win10. now again after installing win update, worked for a moment. both hid and touchscreen are showing working in device manager. un
    checked the box which disables hid in power management. one note: HID compliant touchscreen device not migrated event id-441. sent error report online. pleaaaaaaase help...

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SyedMunawer, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Julia B69 Win User

touchscreen

My touchscreen has stopped working, I think since a Windows update. I have a Lenovo ideapad MIIX 510-121KB.

Can anyone help?

Julia B69, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo Miix 510 touchscreen not working - wacom error 10 in device manager - Similar Threads - Lenovo Miix 510

2. Lenovo touchscreen not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo touchscreen not working.: Device Manager says driver is 10.0.19041.868, but also says driver not loaded. How do I obtain? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-touchscreen-not-working/07027cd9-8984-4cde-b4a2-9facb0ebb12d
  3. Lenovo touchscreen not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo touchscreen not working.: Device Manager says driver is 10.0.19041.868, but also says driver not loaded. How do I obtain? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-touchscreen-not-working/07027cd9-8984-4cde-b4a2-9facb0ebb12d
  4. Lenovo touchscreen not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 upgrade on lenovo miix 2.8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade on lenovo miix 2.8: So i have an otg cable, iso on flash drive, keyboard and mouse. I get to the very first screen of the installation and I can't do anything. Touch screen doesn't work, keyboard doesn't work, mouse doesn't work. What am I doing wrong....
  6. lenovo Flex14 touchscreen not working

lenovo Flex14 touchscreen not working: after a recent Windows 10 update, my touchscreen stopped functioning. I have done a lot of the various fixes for the touchscreen issue listed here and in the lenovo forums. nothing has worked. all of my software and hardware drivers are current. I would like to get this...
  7. lenovo miix 510 121KB type-80XE 'wacom device' doesnt work code10

lenovo miix 510 121KB type-80XE 'wacom device' doesnt work code10: Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D61 A request for the HID descriptor failed. driver name: Wacom device (before update, I2C HID) version: 7.3.4.26 i cant use my pen option , and also cant touch screen. please help me....
  8. Lenovo Touchscreen stopped working

Lenovo Touchscreen stopped working: A couple of months ago my touchscreen stopped working. The HID - touchscreen driver has been uninstalled. How can i reinstall it? I hav looked on the web for answers and can't find it. The computer came with touchscreen function but now if you look in Control Panel the pen &...
  9. camera in my Lenovo 510 is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera in my Lenovo 510 is not working: error message Oxa00f4244<NoCamerasAre Attached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/camera-in-my-lenovo-510-is-not-working/deab2210-84db-4c8b-a98b-3d4a2606e40b
  10. Wacom driver error 10 on Lenovo Miix 510

Wacom driver error 10 on Lenovo Miix 510: Does anyone know of a fix for this. It sounds from reading across the net that latest Windows 10 updates may have clobbered the driver as many people reporting this issue. Have disabled and re-enabled the driver. No luck. Have deleted and re-installed the driver. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. miix 510 pen not connected