Windows 10: Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor

Discus and support Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since June 2017, I have been using my Lenovo Miix 510 PC/tablet (Windows 10 – 64 bit) with an ASUS external monitor (VS-228H-P) and it worked as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TommyYipOD, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor

Since June 2017, I have been using my Lenovo Miix 510 PC/tablet (Windows 10 – 64 bit) with an ASUS external monitor (VS-228H-P) and it worked as expected. However, as of a few days ago, my Miix 510 is no longer able to detect the external monitor I have been using for the past 20 months. The Miix 510 is connected to a USB-C docking station, then a HDMI cable is connected from the docking station to the ASUS monitor. No changes to hardware nor software was made that I'm aware of.

Here what I’ve done to troubleshoot but the problem still persists:

1. Replaced the current HDMI cable another working HDMI cable
    2. Replaced the current docking station with a new docking station
    3. Connected the original HDMI cable I’ve been using to two other computers’ HDMI ports. Worked as expected. Both of the other 2 computers were able to detect the same ASUS monitor.
    4. Connected the Miix 510 via HDMI and docking station to a TV.
    5. Downloaded the display drivers updated the display and monitor drivers in Win10 Device Manager several times on the Miix 510.
    6. Installed older display and monitor drivers.
    7. Unplugged the power cord and HDMI cable from the monitor and reconnected them after 15 minutes.
    8. Ran the SFC in the command prompt in Windows. No problems found.
    9. Tried all the Project settings in Windows 10.

10. Checked Display settings in Windows 10. Unable to detect.

11. Installed the latest drivers. According Win10 updates, I have the "best drivers".

Based upon the troubleshooting steps above I must conclude that the PC or its Windows 10 OS is the source of the issue.

Why did the Miix 510 PC or Windows 10 stop detecting the external monitor after 20 months of use? I'm at my wits end trying everything under the sun.

:)

TommyYipOD, Feb 18, 2019
  2. WendyB2 Win User

External monitors no longer detected

Have been using 2 external monitors with my surface laptop via a surface dock, and as of today they are no longer detected.

WendyB2, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Laptop can't detect external monitor

Sorry for the late response, but if I do not have another PC, is the only option to wait to get the new updates and within those new updates, my laptop will be able to detect my external monitor.

It might sound rude and if so I'm sorry because you're the expert here and I barely know anything about computers but my external monitor worked perfectly until I rested my laptop. Do you think it has something to do with that because if the version 1803
    made my laptop unable to detect my external monitor, shouldn't my monitor not work from the beginning, before I rested my laptop but now it did. Only after the reset made it so my laptop was unable to detect my external monitor.

So do you think the reset maybe deleted some files so that my laptop no longer is able to detect my monitor?

JonathanNguyen4, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor

External Monitor not detected

I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?

DaveMichaelson, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor

1. Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor - Similar Threads - Lenovo longer able

2. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  3. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  4. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  5. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  6. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  7. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  8. External Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor not detected: I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?...
  9. External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop: After installing Technical Preview my Acer monitor is not detected when plugged in by VGA to Lenovo G500 laptop. This works on the 7 Dual Boot. I only see one Generic Monitor detected in Dev Mgr. All Devices were issued drivers at install. 2323
  10. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo not detecting external monitor 2020

2. how to switch lenovo g500 laptop screen via hdmi on tv

3. lenovo drivers to use imac as external monitor

4. lenovo x1 tablet no longer able to use external display,
  5. lenovo pc not detecting external monitor