Windows 10: Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs

Discus and support Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Following on from the Superfish debacle the company found itself embroiled in earlier this month, PC maker Lenovo is promising to bring to an end to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 27, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs

Source

:)

labeeman, Feb 27, 2015
  2. tj15297 Win User

Random blue screen of Death with Error code 0X000001D8

In reply to a query from the community; no, the BSOD problem I encountered has not been resolved following a repeat visit to Lenovo who as previously have declared the hardware faultless and reinstalled Win10 stating that faulty software was not their problem
    despite the product being sold as a hardware / software bundle of dependant components. I have since exchanged the Lenovo U31 for a full refund under the sales of goods act and am looking for a replacement whilst crossing my fingers that Win10 is more stable
    next time around - it will not be a Lenovo.

This reflects a long term habit of PC manufacturers in that their "repair centres" misrepresent themselves and have no interest or perhaps capability to fault find and source patches for the OS they bundle with their hardware and then sell on to those of
    us naive enough to give them cash.

tj15297, Feb 27, 2015
  3. Slow new hp laptop and Windows Defender

Unfortunately some of the promotional and pre-installed software is often referred to as unwanted
    Crapware or Bloatware...see
    How to Clean Crapware From a New PC

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Feb 27, 2015
  4. Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs

Software (CRAPware) you don't really need and software that's just blatant Spyware is two different things.
    For instance, MS Works I consider a real piece of junk, but it's not going to hurt you, whereas "Wild Tangent Games" will be RED flagged by almost any Anti-Spyware program.

I set up new PC's for my customers, and I spend way too much time getting rid of all the Crapware, Bloatware and factory installed Spyware. I only wish there were some way I could bill the PC makers for that time I spend removing their junk.

*Cool

TechnoMage, Feb 27, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Good news, IMO. *Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs

1. Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs - Similar Threads - Lenovo promises stop

2. LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.: Hi, I have fixed this a while ago, thought I would suggest a way to fix it! Firstly, I experienced issues crashing, whether in a game or watching a video, attending class. ETC. It would always freeze, make this annoying buzzing sound and the only way to fix it/ get out of it...
  3. LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.: Hi, I have fixed this a while ago, thought I would suggest a way to fix it! Firstly, I experienced issues crashing, whether in a game or watching a video, attending class. ETC. It would always freeze, make this annoying buzzing sound and the only way to fix it/ get out of it...
  4. LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Minecraft bundle

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft bundle: Greetings , I have recently purchased Minecraft bedrock edition . As of now , I should have been able to redeem Minecraft java edition , but I am unable to . When i run the launcher , the pop up message says that I should redeem Minecraft java edition for free as I own...
  6. New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs

in Windows 10 News
    New Lenovo Legion gaming PCs: [ATTACH] The latest wave of Lenovo Legion PCs equips gamers with advances such as cooler thermals, keyboard improvements and extended battery life. The latest 10th Gen Intel Core H-Series or AMD Ryzen 4000 Series mobile processors power this lineup, and up to the recently...
  7. Crapware blocker command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crapware blocker command: Hey guys so I just found a link to a how to geek article that shows how to enable protection against PUA’s using windows powershell. Is this legitimate, or a hoax? I would like to know before I try this. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/HXD-Inferno [link] [comments]...
  8. Bios Update LENOVO pcs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios Update LENOVO pcs: Lenovo recently release a BIOS update to all the computer and from that release some computers are having issue with the peripheral like keyboard printers mouse even displays for desktop computer so in this case contact LENOVO and ask for a BIOS update and after the update...
  9. Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware: In a recent ZDNet article "Avoid Windows 10 crapware: How to get rid of Candy Crush and all the rest," the author, Ed Bott, states that there are two options for avoiding crapware. At present, I sign in on my PC with my personal Outlook.com credentials. My Office 365...
  10. New Dell PC: Removing Crapware?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Dell PC: Removing Crapware?: I've got a new Dell PC. What is the best way to remove all the crapware? By this I mean all the Dell Utilities, the McAfee AV, DVD Players etc? I've downloaded a recovery disk, but I think it's still all there. It must be installed from an script, so perhaps this could be...