Windows 10: Lenovo recovery F11 function key dissapeared from preboot enviroment.

Discus and support Lenovo recovery F11 function key dissapeared from preboot enviroment. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I've just copied my 500gb disk into 128gb SSD disk using EUSEUS Partition Master. After that MBR,boot and BCD was screwed up. I couldn't boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fanarek, Sep 13, 2015.

1. fanarek Win User

Lenovo recovery F11 function key dissapeared from preboot enviroment.

Hello.
    I've just copied my 500gb disk into 128gb SSD disk using EUSEUS Partition Master. After that MBR,boot and BCD was screwed up. I couldn't boot from SSD. So i've just used Windows 10 installation DVD then fixed mbr,boot and rebuilded bcd. After that F11 function key which is used to run Lenovo Recovery enviroment dissapeared from pre-boot menu. What i need to say that on HDD disk everything works perfectly. I don't use this HDD anymore, just SSD. I want to be able to run recovery enviroment from pre boot (using F11 key). Any ideas ?

:)

fanarek, Sep 13, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

New Computer Problem; wrong password

Hi Ted, probably best to start again . . .

Turn on the power and press F11 repeatedly to run recovery without starting Windows (on some models esc key and then F11 key )

From the resulting Window, choose System Recovery, this will return your HP to Factory State . . .

DaveM121, Sep 13, 2015
  3. azrie1501 Win User
    automatic startup repair failed

how to reset PC from the Recovery Enviroment?

azrie1501, Sep 13, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

I would think you have either removed, changed or corrupted the Lenovo recovery partition. If the partition is not accessible, then it could be possible F11 would no longer be visible at boot, as if starting from fresh, with all existing partitions on your SSD deleted. You could try to re-migrate your HDD to SSD using a different program. I use Paragon for this operation. Lots of people here swear by MiniTool or Macrium.

Another thing I'm wondering is whether you made any changes to your bios. The F11 function could be part of the personalised Lenovo bios. Could be something for you to check.

And welcome to the forum *Smile

Edit: Instead of using Lenovo recovery tools, I recommend using a full backup program instead. Just get an external drive and use a program such as Macrium Free for imaging/backups, then make yourself a Macrium rescue disk and you are fully protected.

WhyMe, Sep 13, 2015
  5. fanarek Win User
    What i've discovered that Lenovo Rescue and Recovery (software which I've created this recovery partition) just doesn't work on Windows 10 so... I need to wait until it works, or just as you mentioned, use 3rd party software. Thank you for your reply.

fanarek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lenovo recovery F11 function key dissapeared from preboot enviroment. - Similar Threads - Lenovo recovery F11

2. Can't get into windows to export bitlocker key, how to get it from recovery enviroment?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get into windows to export bitlocker key, how to get it from recovery enviroment?: Im stuck unable to boot into windows and trying to back up the drive before reseting the pc. Put the ssd in another pc to do so and weas kit by bitlocker with no key to be found on my microsoft account....
  3. Can't get into windows to export bitlocker key, how to get it from recovery enviroment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get into windows to export bitlocker key, how to get it from recovery enviroment?: Im stuck unable to boot into windows and trying to back up the drive before reseting the pc. Put the ssd in another pc to do so and weas kit by bitlocker with no key to be found on my microsoft account....
  4. F11 not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 not functioning properly: Hi all, I only noticed it last night but whenever I'm in an application like edge or chrome, and press f11 to go fullscreen, it doesn't work. It instead opens a right-click menu i.e. with "emoji", "cut", "copy", "paste" and focuses on the url bar. When I press f11 outside of...
  5. F11 not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F11 not functioning properly: Hi all, I only noticed it last night but whenever I'm in an application like edge or chrome, and press f11 to go fullscreen, it doesn't work. It instead opens a right-click menu i.e. with "emoji", "cut", "copy", "paste" and focuses on the url bar. When I press f11 outside of...
  6. Lenovo T440 function keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo T440 function keys: I can't figure out why the function keys F7 thru F12 don't work. And there are several Fn commands that don't respond. Only Fn +4 will put the computer to sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-t440-function-keys/a624c8ab-e81b-4c73-8abd-8b17f2aac6f6
  7. F11 key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F11 key: F11 key supposed to turn speakers on/off; now toggles full screen on/off. Driver ok, troubleshooter doesn't find anything. Happened about the time of Windows 10 and Edge updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f11-key/0ed9b031-7daf-458e-85b3-d89a296fbaca
  8. Windows recovery enviroment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows recovery enviroment: I was doing a network reset to reinstall my Wi-Fi adapter and when my computer is starting up after the reset it said your PC did not start correctly automatic repair at the top of the screen I click advanced options and it says troubleshoot continue to windows 10 or turn off...
  9. recovery enviroment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovery enviroment: i clicked recovery environment on my laptop what is that for because my laptop wont let me reset my pc wont respond to anything THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-enviroment/9aca9b8f-7f7a-4e30-95e8-416ece520e35
  10. windows recovery enviroment missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows recovery enviroment missing: hi I got a virus on my windows 10 pc that deleted my wre I am poor I cant afford to buy a usb to make a wre.iso is there any way to factory reset given my current financial situation at this time I could not find a way to fix this I even tried to use cmd with the command...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f11 recovery boot not working after cloning lenovo thinkpad