Windows 10: Lenovo s145 precision driver Elan.

Discus and support Lenovo s145 precision driver Elan. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got lenovo s145 laptop with ryzen7. Touchpad shows as HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_0632&Col01 Please add support to that touchpad. Thats why I dont use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Loradona, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Loradona Win User

Lenovo s145 precision driver Elan.

I got lenovo s145 laptop with ryzen7. Touchpad shows as HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_0632&Col01

Please add support to that touchpad. Thats why I dont use Windows. It just works perfectly under linux libinput+ wayland I can use 4 finger gesture etc like butter smooth animation. But under windows I cant use smooth pinch zoom, change desktop with 4 finger with butter smooth. It's works but not like precision driver.

C'mon man. Linux is free and my touchpad works flawless on linux. I just wanna use windows but I can because of that...

:)

Loradona, Mar 27, 2020

2. From ELAN to Windows Precision drivers

I read some tips online that alloud me to switch from the elan drivers that i have on my Windows 10 notebook to the more accurate Windows precision one. Can you tell me if is it really possible? because i fell so bad with my touchpad (HP Pavilion 15-cb028nl).
    Thanks

PietroGenovese, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    windows precision drivers for toch pad are not seen as installable in 1809

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows Precision Touchpad is a new class of input devices that provide high precision pointer input and gesture functionality. Microsoft’s precision drivers are made for Windows 10 and customized for ideal trackpad
    experience, however not all devices can run the precision touchpad drivers, though Microsoft has made precision touchpads a requirement on new hardware with newer versions of Windows 10.

You can check if your device already has the precision drivers installed.

Navigate to Settings->Devices->Touchpad.

If you see the Your PC has a precision touchpad text, it means the driver is already installed.

If the driver is not installed, you can follow the steps given below and see if you can get it to work.

• Extract the downloaded drivers to a temporary folder.
    • Right click on Start menu (Windows logo) and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on Elan device and choose
      Update driver.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software.
    • On next prompt, select
      Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    • On the next page, click the Have Disk button at the bottom right corner of the window.
    • In the Install From Disk window, click the
      Browse button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the touchpad driver.
    • Select the Autorun.inf file in that folder, and then click the
      Open button.
    • Select ELAN Pointing Device option in the list of models, and then click the
      Next button.
    • You will see a warning saying that Windows can’t verify that it is compatible with your hardware.
    • Click on Yes to proceed with installation.
    • Reboot the computer once the installation completes.

If the touchpad doesn’t work after system reboot, roll back the driver to the previous version.

• Extract the downloaded drivers to a temporary folder.
    • Right click on Start menu (Windows logo) and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on Elan and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Roll back driver to reinstall its previous version.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Pin2Jin Win User

ELAN Driver for touchpad -Windows 10

I suggest that you try the following drivers from Lenovo, it is for Windows 8 but might just do the trick.

Good Luck.

Elan Touchpad Driver for Windows 8 (64-bit) - Notebook - DE

Pin2Jin, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo s145 precision driver Elan. - Similar Threads - Lenovo s145 precision

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ELAN keyboard driver breaks Lenovo laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ELAN keyboard driver breaks Lenovo laptop keyboard: Hi, Windows update said there was an ELAN keyboard driver update so I downloaded and installed it.After the restart I noticed that the keyboard wasn't working.So I had to plug in a USB keyboard and then go to the Device Manager and uninstall the driver and restart so that the...
  6. BSOD's on Lenovo Ideapad S145

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's on Lenovo Ideapad S145: As of the last few months, my Lenovo Ideapad S145 notebook, is having frequent BSOD crashs out of nowhere, but it seems to occur mostly when I'm in online meetings Google Meet and Zoom or navigating the web. I guess I need some crashes report, but I don't know how to retrieve...
  7. Lenovo S145-15IWL.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo S145-15IWL.: My system has been malfunctioning. So many issues like Microsoft word typing abnormally, freezing and hanging, restarting after shutting down, video player suddenly become mute and slows the speech, search key and keyboard abnormality, sleep/hibernating always whenever it is...
  8. Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API Precision Touchpad Driver not working.

Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API Precision Touchpad Driver not working.: I have an Ideapad S145-15API and my precision touchpad worked perfectly fine before I clean installed Windows. And now I've tried uninstalling the driver and updating it, it showed "The best drivers for your device are already installed." I tried editing the registry for the...
  9. Lenovo IdeaPad S145

Lenovo IdeaPad S145: How do I disable gestures on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-ideapad-s145/fa9c849e-e92d-46ad-bf44-2d9f58653c0e
  10. Lenovo idealpad S145

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo idealpad S145: Hi, I was transfering my photos and videos in lenovo laptop from my i phone through USB. But due to some reason, i removed usb from my phone and now my laptop is stucked. There is a dark blue screen and only curser is only appear on the screen. I am not able to do any thing....