Windows 10: Lenovo stuck in boot loop

Discus and support Lenovo stuck in boot loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi my Lenovo Flex 5 performed an update and is now useless.It has got stuck in the boot loop with constant blue screen of death.It wont allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnhuckvale, May 4, 2021.

1. Lenovo stuck in boot loop

Hi my Lenovo Flex 5 performed an update and is now useless.It has got stuck in the boot loop with constant blue screen of death.It wont allow me to reset the machine.It will not allow any unstallation of either quality or feature updates.It runs in to errors when it trys to run auto repair and diagnosisVery occasionally it will get to the the log in screen, and normally fails after pin has been put in. It has opened to a green blank desk top and then failed.It will not open in safe mode or any of the other start modes.I have also had the error "a winpeshl.ini file is present but no comma

:)

johnhuckvale, May 4, 2021

2. Lenovo G50 stuck in boot loop after windows update

Hi,

My computer is Lenovo G50 with windows 10. After my windows updated itself yesterday it got stuck in boot loop. It has a black screen with Lenovo text and error message saying "Install windows. Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows
    on this computer , restart the installation." When pressing OK or X it boots and repeats the text.

I was able to get into windows 10 boot menu by pressing reset button. I tried to start in Safe Mode but then the text changed "Can't install windows in Safe Mode".

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

TaskulamppuFixaaja, May 4, 2021
  3. shawna Win User
    Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

Hi all,

After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo (different resolution), blank screen, reboot.

Here's what I tried -

Windows 10 repair (created now from the new 1809 media tool):
    • System restore - no restore points have been created.
    • Startup Repair - did not work ("couldn't repair your PC"). Log file contains "Failure while setup is in progress".
    • Uninstall updates - unable to uninstall feature update ("we ran into a problem"). Was able to uninstall quality update 3 times but I'm not sure it's doing anything (still not booting).
    • chkdsk /r C: found no bad sectors.
    • sfc /scannow /offbootdir /offwindir found some bad data, but looking at the log it looks like these are just temporary files.
    • bootrec /fixmbr works but bootrec /fixboot prints "Access is denied" (I mounted the EFI partition and ran bcdboot but still got the same error).

Kyhi’s Rescue Disk:
    • I see my data on the C / system partition, so it doesn't look like the whole disk is corrupted.
    • I tried to enable safe mode by modifying the boot loader with EasyBCD to wait for my input on boot, but when I press F8 and choose safe mode the computer just reboots again.

Any suggestions on what else I can try before doing a clean install?

Log files: logs.zip

shawna, May 4, 2021
  4. Lenovo stuck in boot loop

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Lenovo stuck in boot loop

1. Lenovo stuck in boot loop - Similar Threads - Lenovo stuck boot

2. Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop: Model: Lenovo Legion t5 28IMB05Just bought a new second hand computer. A few seconds after starting the computer it shows the Lenovo logo and says preparing automatic repair. It stays like that for one second and then immediately shuts down and restarts and does the same...
  3. Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo t5 stuck in boot loop: Model: Lenovo Legion t5 28IMB05Just bought a new second hand computer. A few seconds after starting the computer it shows the Lenovo logo and says preparing automatic repair. It stays like that for one second and then immediately shuts down and restarts and does the same...
  4. Stuck in boot loop

Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  5. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  6. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  7. Stuck in boot loop

Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  8. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop: Hi, we just bought a brand new computer a week ago and on the first day having it when we went to turn it on it wouldn’t. The lights turn on then it immediately shuts off and it does that over and over again. Doesn’t even get far enough for the screen to turn on. But when we...
  10. Stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a boot loop: I factory reset my laptop and now it won't boot. It takes me to the screen where you enter the time zone, then it goes to "Why did my PC restart?" Then it goes back to the beginning. I've tried factory resetting it again and I've tried safe mode. Any other suggestions? I also...