Windows 10: Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.

Discus and support Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! As the title states, I am using a Lenovo T440 ThinkPad. I'm using it for school, and 1 hour of battery time is NOT enough. That one hour is even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SyrupTime, Sep 5, 2020.

1. SyrupTime Win User

Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.

Hello! As the title states, I am using a Lenovo T440 ThinkPad. I'm using it for school, and 1 hour of battery time is NOT enough. That one hour is even with performance at lowest, as well as battery saver on at all times.

The 1st battery seems to not be present, or only one of the batteries are working at a time. I have no idea why this occurs, but I cannot have this issue as I need at least 8 hours of battery.

Any help would be incredibly nice, as I am starting class in 2 days.

Thank you!

:)

SyrupTime, Sep 5, 2020
  2. da9els Win User

Battery 1 and battery 2 which is not present shows as "empty".

Sorry for waking the dead thread... But this is the closest I've gotten so far.

I have a somewhat similar experience. Refurbished HP Elitebook 840 G2 - Win10 1703.

In BIOS, the internal battery shows as "Battery 1" and battery 2 which is not present shows as "empty". As it should.

In HP Support Assistant - HP Battery Check displays Primary battery as present and OK. No secondary battery.

But Windows battery status show the opposite. No primary battery but secondary battery present. It does show the correct status though.

The bad thing is that since the update the battery won't charge. Not even when the computer is turned off. The battery and the charger is fine. I tried it in another compatible notebook. Windows and HP Battery Check both show correct status for the battery
    - percentage and charging/discharging status. But the battery is not charging. I've left it for hours in various states.

I've tried the Microsoft battery control method uninstall / reinstall / disable (first one then the other and both) turn off - discharge - restart w/wo battery and/or charger, updated bios and battery calibration.

I'm currently doing a complete charge cycle but since the no-charge issue appears to be system-wide, I suspect it to be something HP/UEFI-specific. I'll see if it's possible to swap ID's on the battery ports.

If anyone have found a solution to this, any hint is much appreciated!

da9els, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.

1. Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage. - Similar Threads - Lenovo T440 Battery

2. Windows 10 has battery 1 and battery 2 on elite laptop reversed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has battery 1 and battery 2 on elite laptop reversed.: Windows 10 has battery 1 and battery 2 on elite laptop reversed. HP test has them correctly installed and identified. Now have a laptop with 2hrs of charge if I'm lucky instead of almost 24hrs before windows 10 updates developed the error. Have done all I can find online....
  3. Windows 10 has battery 1 and battery 2 on elite laptop reversed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has battery 1 and battery 2 on elite laptop reversed.: Windows 10 has battery 1 and battery 2 on elite laptop reversed. HP test has them correctly installed and identified. Now have a laptop with 2hrs of charge if I'm lucky instead of almost 24hrs before windows 10 updates developed the error. Have done all I can find online....
  4. Windows 10 has battery 1 and battery 2 on elite laptop reversed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.: Hello everyone I resetted device back to factory settings. It didn't helped.Nodirbek. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-1-0-and-battery-2-is-charging-up-to-100/ea9960f7-8231-4241-a3a3-3ed9bb4f917c
  6. Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.: Hello everyone I resetted device back to factory settings. It didn't helped.Nodirbek. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-1-0-and-battery-2-is-charging-up-to-100/ea9960f7-8231-4241-a3a3-3ed9bb4f917c
  7. Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery...

My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery...: 2 weeks ago I bought a computer which is supposed to have 10.5 hours of battery life directly from office works, but now after only around 20 hours of use the battery life has plummeted to around 2 hours 2.5 if I'm lucky. I ran a test and when running low demand appliances...
  9. battery 1 not present notification in my surface book

battery 1 not present notification in my surface book: hi my surface book shows at the battery section that battery 1 not present. I have tried a;; the options but nothing has worked. Its important i cant detach now!...
  10. How many hours on 1 battery charge

How many hours on 1 battery charge: I have an Dell Inspiron laptop and after each charge, the battery indicator may show anywhere fron 1 1/2 hours to over 3 hours. This session, I've been on for about 40 mintes and the battery indicator is showing that I have 3 hours and 17 minutes left (the most ever). I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thinkpad internal battery not present

2. Battery 2 not present laptop meaning

3. Lenovo T440 battery 1 and 2

4. Battery 2 not present HP,
  5. lenovo t440 battery not detected,
  6. lenovo t480 battery 1 not present,
  7. battery 1. battery 2 not present,
  8. battery 1 not present