Windows 10: Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down.

Discus and support Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Got this problem with my Lenovo T440 that seems to have started out of nowhere. System sleeps, then it's supposed to hibernate. It seems as though it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Baka_Monogatari, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down.

Got this problem with my Lenovo T440 that seems to have started out of nowhere. System sleeps, then it's supposed to hibernate. It seems as though it's just powering down instead of hibernating because I open to a fresh boot when I come back to it.

I've already tried applying the latest windows updates as well as any updates Lenovo Vantage found, did powercfg -h off and then on to remake the hibernation file still have the same problem. If I hibernate manually it works and resumes correctly, so this is only happening when it attempts to hibernate on it's own. Any next steps I should try?

:)

Baka_Monogatari, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Over_Lord Win User

Lenovo ThinkPad T440s UltraBook with Intel Haswell Coming Soon

Lenovo is getting all ready to launch their new ThinkPad T440s Ultrabook. Powered by Intel's latest and greatest 4th Generation Haswell Core processor, the ThinkPad T440s gives you the option to pick either a 1600 x 900 resolution IPS display or a 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS panel, both 14" in size.

Other features include NFC, Power Bridge battery (which allows you to swap batteries without having to power down the device) and a precision enhanced keyboard. The 3.5 pounds weighing Ultrabook launch date is not known as of yet, but seeing as it is already listed with a lot of details, the date can't be too far away.

Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down. LenovoThinkPadT440s_thm.jpg

Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down. lenovo-ultrabook-laptop-thinkpad-t440s-keyboard_thm.jpg

Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down. lenovo-ultrabook-laptop-thinkpad-t440s-monitor_thm.jpg

Source: Lenovo

Over_Lord, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down.

windows 10 hibernate does not power down computer

You can follow the steps below to enable the Hibernate option:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to launch RUN dialog box.
    • Type powercfg.cpl and press Enter. It will open Power Options window.
    • Click the Choose what the power buttons do link in the left sidebar.
    • Then click the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top and scroll down to the bottom.
    • You'll notice that the Hibernate option is unchecked. Enable the option and apply the changes.
    • After performing above steps, check if you are able to Hibernate Windows 10.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down.

1. Lenovo T440 not hibernating before it powers down. - Similar Threads - Lenovo T440 hibernating

2. Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in: This happens on average once a week. I put my laptop to sleep or hibernation with power cable plugged in, then when I tried to wake it, it started from a clean boot up and all my opened programs were gone. Battery was still full, so it's not like it ran out of power or...
  3. Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shut down during sleep or hibernation randomly with power plugged-in: This happens on average once a week. I put my laptop to sleep or hibernation with power cable plugged in, then when I tried to wake it, it started from a clean boot up and all my opened programs were gone. Battery was still full, so it's not like it ran out of power or...
  4. Power Switch, hibernate problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Switch, hibernate problem: Microsoft Support 111221 Power Switch, hibernate problem Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and have some unusual problems with my Power Switch, and hibernate/sleep. I tried going thru shut down and start up several times, and documenting...
  5. Lenovo Laptop Hibernate (?) issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Laptop Hibernate (?) issue?: So I've had a 'situation' with this laptop for almost two years. It's not a bug but a setting. But it does bug me, lol. I finally remembered to finally look into it. And what should have been simple (as usual with Windows) ain't. I have four PCs in my house. If they're...
  6. Lenovo T440 function keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo T440 function keys: I can't figure out why the function keys F7 thru F12 don't work. And there are several Fn commands that don't respond. Only Fn +4 will put the computer to sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-t440-function-keys/a624c8ab-e81b-4c73-8abd-8b17f2aac6f6
  7. power button and hibernate query

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button and hibernate query: When I quickly press the Power Button on my laptop, it is set to go into Hibernate. Two times lately, it seemingly is going into Hibernate, the machine powers down and suddenly it comes right back out of what should be Hibernate. The first time it did this, I rebooted the...
  8. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  9. HIbernate or shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate or shut down?: I've always had the practice of shutting down my home pc/laptop before going to bed. I always used the hibernate option throughout the day while I"m working on it/them. A lot of my friends had their hard drives crashed and always used the hibernate option. This despite the...
  10. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down: When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is...