Windows 10: Lenovo T470s - CPU Power Management make windows 10 randomly freeze / hang - How to fix /...

Discus and support Lenovo T470s - CPU Power Management make windows 10 randomly freeze / hang - How to fix /... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since the begging I'had issues with my T470s and windows 10. The system randomly totally freeze / hang that force me to hard reboot it. (Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nementon, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Nementon Win User

Lenovo T470s - CPU Power Management make windows 10 randomly freeze / hang - How to fix /...

Hi,

Since the begging I'had issues with my T470s and windows 10. The system randomly totally freeze / hang that force me to hard reboot it. (Every firmware update was a terrifying moment!)
    At the time, I tried a lot of stuff to try to resolved it. It seem that a lot of people had meet those kind of issues.

I'had manage for a while to decrease the freeze ratio of at least one every hours to one a month by scheduling a Task on user logon that's run (as admin):
    `netsh winsock reset`

Don't ask me why, really I can't said but it has worked .... Recently that one crash a month annoyed me, and I tried to definitely fix it.
    After reseting a lot of stuff, applying fix, memory scan, windows files scan ... the worst happened, I came back to a full freeze / hang every hours.
    The `netsh winsock reset` black magic didn't had any effect anymore.

A lot of people noticed that by disabling the "Power services" we can solve that problem, but the issue is that by doing that our CPU is always running its clock at full speed. I didn't really want that.

But here what I found, in the BIOS setting of the T470s, their is an option, one option to find them, one option to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!

This option is the "CPU Power Management".
    It seem that this option is made to totally stop the clock of the processor when no activity is recorded, to make some power saving.
    I disabled it.

So now, it's more that two month i didn't meet the hang issue again, my processor clock do not always run at full speed. Everything good.

If you are the owner of T470s or maybe any recent Txxx of lenovo and you meet that issues, try this Lenovo T470s - CPU Power Management make windows 10 randomly freeze / hang - How to fix /... ;)

Best regards.

:)

Nementon, Nov 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 15, 2019
  3. monksalve Win User
    Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Managed to solve this.

Seems like I had a couple issues. The power supply was on the fritz and C-States needed to be turned off in the bios.

I went through all the steps listed on this thread by @mileskb
    Windows 10 freezes randomly

I did change some of the power management settings in windows, but I had tried that before without results. It might have been a combination of C-States and power management.

monksalve, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Lenovo T470s - CPU Power Management make windows 10 randomly freeze / hang - How to fix /...

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo T470s - CPU Power Management make windows 10 randomly freeze / hang - How to fix /...

1. Lenovo T470s - CPU Power Management make windows 10 randomly freeze / hang - How to fix /... - Similar Threads - Lenovo T470s CPU

2. How do I fix hanging and freezing on Windows 10 and browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix hanging and freezing on Windows 10 and browsing?: I am constantly having problems with the laptop which has windows 10 and microsoft edge freezing up for several seconds and sometimes longer when I go to websites. I need to fix this , Thank you....
  3. How do I fix hanging and freezing on Windows 10 and browsing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix hanging and freezing on Windows 10 and browsing?: I am constantly having problems with the laptop which has windows 10 and microsoft edge freezing up for several seconds and sometimes longer when I go to websites. I need to fix this , Thank you....
  4. Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs: About once or twice a day, my computer randomly hangs or freezes and it's super annoying. This problem started happening after reinstalling windows onto my new SSD from my hard drive. I have updated windows and reinstalled graphics drivers. I've used HWiNFO64 and it all...
  5. Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs: Hello! Decided to finally ask the question here and maybe get some help solving some issues I have been having with Windows 10. A little background, I have an older computer that has been upgraded over the years that I have had it. I originally tried Windows 10 back...
  6. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing: Hi, everyone. My PC has been freezing lately, and the only thing I could do to get out of it was power down and restart. I tried all the suggested updates and system checks from the forums but they didn't work. Then I read someone's experience of a faulty cable causing...
  7. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing: Hi Support, Currently I have run windows latest updated. Checked internal laptop diagnostic for hardware any issues, passed the diagnosed test. Done office 2010 internal repaired w/o any issues. Its did hangs Excel, Adobe Reader, Windows updates randomly. I appreciate...
  8. Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD)

Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD): This freeze/hang has been going on randomly for months (I believe setting in after the Fall Creators Update; I'd deferred that one but it forced itself through 1/13/2018). Keyboard and mouse stop functioning, and music stops playing too. I can only get it back up and...
  9. Creating Lenovo T470s Win 10 Image using Clonezilla

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating Lenovo T470s Win 10 Image using Clonezilla: Hi, I have a Lenovo T470s Ultrabook that I want to save an image of using Clonezilla. The image was able to be saved to an external hard drive. by turning off Secure Boot. But when using Clonezilla to load the image, the 'restore image' section of Clonezilla was not...
  10. How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup?: I have been experiencing hanging or freezes (see the picture below) on my computer when it starts up. What I often do is to force a shutdown thru the "Power" button (once or sometimes twice) so that the computer may start up normally. Can anybody tell me what the problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. t470s windows 10 hangs