Windows 10: Lenovo ThinkPad E540: AHCI driver update causes lockups, power down

Discus and support Lenovo ThinkPad E540: AHCI driver update causes lockups, power down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got an E540 and upon a Windows install, after updating the AHCI driver, the screen glitches out (crazy colors, lines, etc) and the system locks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by strra, Jul 8, 2016.

1. strra Win User

Lenovo ThinkPad E540: AHCI driver update causes lockups, power down

I just got an E540 and upon a Windows install, after updating the AHCI driver, the screen glitches out (crazy colors, lines, etc) and the system locks up. After a reboot, during Windows startup, the screen glitches out again and it completely powers off. System restore removes the driver and restores the ability to boot.
    I've installed the driver from both Lenovo and a newer one from Intel and get the same result.
    Windows has the driver already and I'm not opposed to leaving it the way it is, I'm just really wondering about this issue and would like to eventually update.
    This happens on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, by the way.

Thanks in advance!

-Randy

:)

strra, Jul 8, 2016

2. use of Hybrid HDD and SSD express cache in windows 10

didnt work for me sadly.... i have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E540 and nor this driver, or the uup-to-date driver is currently working for me.

PeterMierzwa, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Malfunctioning Webcam

My webcam just stopped functioning.

I'm using Windows 10 on a core i3 Lenovo Thinkpad E540

When l try opening it, it shows a crossed camera on my screen.

Math_ontoe, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

Lenovo ThinkPad E540: AHCI driver update causes lockups, power down

1. Lenovo ThinkPad E540: AHCI driver update causes lockups, power down - Similar Threads - Lenovo ThinkPad E540

2. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thinkpad x121e: Is lenovo thinkpad x121e support windows 10 or do i work with windows 7 or 8 ? Which windows good for my lenovo thinkpad x121e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-x121e/ad85949d-a12b-4d2b-82b3-dbd08898c336
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad Windows Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Thinkpad Windows Update Problem: My Window 10 Lenovo Thinkpad has been Updating for hours and is Stuck on 42%Hello, I just recently bought an Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop Recently as in it's only been a few days and it this morning was found to be updating, I left it alone thinking it's been Updating and to wait...
  4. Bluetooth Driver issue in lenovo thinkpad T430s

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth Driver issue in lenovo thinkpad T430s: Dear team, As i'm facing issue with the bluetooth driver after upgrading to latest version windows 20H2 19042, Kindly reply ASAP. note: I'm using lenovo thinkpad T430s with broadcam bluetooth hardware version 4.0 with ram suits of 4gb ram. kindly help....
  5. Missing drivers Lenovo ThinkPad X230

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing drivers Lenovo ThinkPad X230: Hello. I have lenovo ThinkPad X230 with Windows 10/64bit In Device manager I get some missing drivers: Base System Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E823&SUBSYS_21FA17AA&REV_04 BCM20702A0 USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6&REV_0112 Biometric Coprocessor...
  6. TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD

TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD: Updated drivers but still cant get touchpad to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-on-lenovo-thinkpad/e713eb98-38b9-4f08-9c3d-74f361e10b0f
  7. Lenovo ThinkPad error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo ThinkPad error: [IMG][IMG]Hello! I can’t open any program on my laptop lenovo t440, and I have 2 errors. One with power manager gauge and the other with Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. I can’t open settings, can’t open programs such as explorer or chrome. I can open windows...
  8. AHCI Driver

AHCI Driver: Why does the Microsoft Standard AHCI driver out-perform Intel's RST AHCI driver? Case scenario; Fresh install of Windows 10 x64 on MSI Z370M gaming pro AC with I5 9600k and Samsung Pro 860 Evo 1TB SSD. Running Samsung Magician benchmarks give me Sequential Read/Write and...
  9. Lenovo thinkpad battery

Lenovo thinkpad battery: Hello everyone, I am having a problem with my lenovo think pad battery it is only charging up to 65 to 73% and it ends there it started some few days ago and i don't know how to fix it so that it could charge up to the normal 100% any help please?...
  10. Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad: I am trying to get the recovery key to a Lenovo ThinkPad. I have followed the instructions, but no key appears. What do I do next???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-of-lenovo-thinkpad/1bc9c829-3557-45ff-a4bd-0ff8b12405d0