Windows 10: Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...

Discus and support Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, a couple of days ago, after the latest update, my fingerprint sign in stopped working, I tried to reactivate it but without luck. I have already... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by José ManuelLópez Muñoz, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...

Hello, a couple of days ago, after the latest update, my fingerprint sign in stopped working, I tried to reactivate it but without luck. I have already updated my available drivers, downloaded and installed the driver from Lenovo's webpage and nothing seems to work. There is a message saying that Windows Hello isn't available for my device, but it was before the update. I have windows pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-4300M CPU@ 2.60GHz. Thank you.

:)

José ManuelLópez Muñoz, Jan 11, 2019
  2. EckiS Win User

Fingerprint reader not working, windows 10, lenovo X200s

On my Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet the fingerprint reader is working with the drivers which were installed by Windows.

In device manager it is listed as "TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor (WBF advanced mode)", with a driver from Authentec dated 27.02.2013.

As far as I remember I had to also enable biometric in group policy.

EckiS, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Have Thinkpad T440p the audio is not working any suggestions

Have Thinkpad T440p - the audio is not working -anyone have any suggestions

JamesReynolds3, Jan 11, 2019
  4. JSF123456 Win User

Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...

Fingerprint reader not working, windows 10, lenovo X200s

I upgraded my Lenovo X200s to windows 10. Since then, the fingerprint reader is not functioning. It is listed as a generic fingerprint device under the device manager, but I cannot update the driver auto or manual. I installed the Lenovo Validity fingerprint
    driver for Windows 10 and used the Run: gpedit.msc route to enable biometrics, but still there is no option to set up fingerprint sign-in. Is this fingerprint reader a total loss? I haven't found any other fixes online, especially not for the X200
    series. Thanks.

JSF123456, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...

1. Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available... - Similar Threads - Lenovo thinkpad T440p

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working: I have no idea what went wrong. It stopped working a few day ago with no noticeable change. Just went in and tried to reprogram it in because maybe my fingerprint changed or something crazy like that?? So I go to touch it, it gets to the 'touch the scanner again' screen and...
  3. Windows Hello isn't Available on this device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello isn't Available on this device: I though I could work around "Windows Hello isn't Available on this device" by getting a Finger Print Scanner, at first I had to install the drivers because the Finger Print Scanner didn't come with them. Driver I installed for the Finger print scanner First one listed....
  4. Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.: Whenever I swipe my finger on scanner, It says "Something went wrong on our end, please try again". I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but couldn't fix the problem. I also kept "Allow the computer to turn off this device" unchecked in "power management". [ATTACH]...
  5. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad: For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!...
  6. Windows Hello isn't available on this device.

Windows Hello isn't available on this device.: Hi i have a lenovo V330-15IKB and i can t use windows hello and i have a fingerprint reader . i tried a lot of ways to fix this problem ..everything is enabled but in device meneger at biometric it says This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...
  7. Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared: After Windows 10 version 1803 update, 1.) fingerprint scanner has disappeared 2.) Windows Hello isn't available on this device (Acer Swift 3) 3.) In Device Manager, Egistec Touch fingerprint sensor and Intel Thermal Framework Manager shows Code 19 error (Windows cannot start...
  8. NuVision Duo 10 Signature Fingerprint Reader / Windows Hello

NuVision Duo 10 Signature Fingerprint Reader / Windows Hello: Hello, I bought this NuVision Duo 10 Signature, model TM101W635L, from Microsoft Store last year. This Signature model has a fingerprint reader, but has never worked. Windows Hello says this is not a compatible device. I checked NuVision website, but there is no driver for a...
  9. windows hello isn't available in the device

windows hello isn't available in the device: Hi All I have HP ELITEBOOK 8460 corei5 second generation laptop, And it have a biometric device in the lpatop, And I installed windows 10 pro but in settings, under the windows hello tab. it shows that WINDOWS HELLO ISN'T AVAILABLE IN THIS DEVICE That's why. And how I...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...