Windows 10: Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode

Discus and support Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I have a Lenovo T480 that is running Windows 10. It cannot install Windows 11 due to not having Secure Boot Enabled, all other qualifiers were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sean Berringer, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode

Hello,I have a Lenovo T480 that is running Windows 10. It cannot install Windows 11 due to not having Secure Boot Enabled, all other qualifiers were fine for the machine. I enabled Secure Boot in the BIOS and now it won't boot up Windows. It goes to a menu that has two tabs up top, "Boot Menu" and "App Menu". Nothing gets me through to Windows. I tried disabling Secure Boot again in BIOS and also restoring default settings in BIOS and nothing is working.Help?

:)

Sean Berringer, Jun 20, 2024
  2. jacobacci Win User

Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

I used to be able to connect my iPhone 6s (iOS 13) to my Thinkpad T480s (Win 10 Pro, 1903, latest updates) via USB-C and use the personal hotspot on the iPhone to connect to the internet. This worked without any issues for several years through several upgrades of iOS and Windows.
    Now I switched to an iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13) and the T480s does not detect the iPhone's personal hotspot any more. Personal hotspot is turned on on the iPhone 11 Pro. The T480s sees the iPhone and I can browse its content.
    The personal hotspot on the iPhone 6s (also iOS 13) is also not detected any more since I updated the following Apple software on the T480s to the current versions:
    • AppleApplicationSupport64
    • AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate
    Am I missing something here?

jacobacci, Jun 20, 2024
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

Got it working. In the end there were two issues:
    • iPhone 6s manages with only the apps I listed in my first post, but iPhone 11 Plus seems to require a complete installation of iTunes
    • The Thinkpad T480s has two USB-C sockets. One is USB-C only and the other is USB-C / Thunderbolt. The one that finally worked was the USB-C only. The USB-C / Thunderbolt does not seem to work. USB-A works reliably too.
    Thanks a lot for your inputs. They pointed me in the right direction

jacobacci, Jun 20, 2024
  4. malware Win User

Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode

Lenovo Recalls 208,000 ThinkPad Batteries

On March 1, 2007, Lenovo voluntarily recalled certain 208,000 9-cell lithium-ion batteries. These batteries were manufactured for use with ThinkPad notebook computers that shipped worldwide between November 2005 and February 2007. All ThinkPad R60, R60e Series, ThinkPad T60, T60p Series and ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p Series with 9-cell 10.8V, 5.2 Ah batteries with part number FRU P/N 92P1131 are being recalled. All affected batteries will be replaced free of charge. Lenovo suggests those computers with defective units remove the battery and use the AC adaptor until a replacement has arrived.

Source: Lenovo

malware, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode

1. Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode - Similar Threads - Lenovo Thinkpad T480

2. Can't download Windows 10 on Thinkpad T480

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't download Windows 10 on Thinkpad T480: I bought a Thinkpad t480 from a company going out of business with the hard drive removed. Whenever I added a new hard drive and tried to install Windows 10 it, it stopped me after the initial setup and tells me it can't connect to my organizations network and to talk to my...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode: Hello,I have a Lenovo T480 that is running Windows 10. It cannot install Windows 11 due to not having Secure Boot Enabled, all other qualifiers were fine for the machine. I enabled Secure Boot in the BIOS and now it won't boot up Windows. It goes to a menu that has two tabs...
  4. Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad T480 Stuck in Boot Mode: Hello,I have a Lenovo T480 that is running Windows 10. It cannot install Windows 11 due to not having Secure Boot Enabled, all other qualifiers were fine for the machine. I enabled Secure Boot in the BIOS and now it won't boot up Windows. It goes to a menu that has two tabs...
  5. Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key: The laptop is used but in great condition, however It's useless since I can't get to the next step of setting it up without having the bitlocker recovery key. Is there anyway to recover it, or maybe even factory reset it? I spoke to a live chat agent and they told me to just...
  6. Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key

Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key: The laptop is used but in great condition, however It's useless since I can't get to the next step of setting it up without having the bitlocker recovery key. Is there anyway to recover it, or maybe even factory reset it? I spoke to a live chat agent and they told me to just...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Thinkpad T480

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Thinkpad T480: Hi. I'm buying secondhand T480 and doing a fresh install of windows 10. But I'm always getting bsod irql_not_less_or_equal after some basic typing work. I'm already trying updating the windows, clean install without update, updating the driver but still getting the error. I...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Thinkpad T480

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Thinkpad T480: Hi. I'm buying secondhand T480 and doing a fresh install of windows 10. But I'm always getting bsod irql_not_less_or_equal after some basic typing work. I'm already trying updating the windows, clean install without update, updating the driver but still getting the error. I...
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Thinkpad T480

10. Lenovo Thinkpad stuck in boot menu screen

Lenovo Thinkpad stuck in boot menu screen: I had a heat problem with this laptop, but that has been resolved. The heat problem started after trying multiple times to do a Windows 10 pro update, without success. After that the boot up is stuck in this screen. I can move from one selection to another, but it will not...