Windows 10: Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 Personalization Themes

Discus and support Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 Personalization Themes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have constant problems with my Lock Screen and Themes on this Lenovo ThinkPad and have been reading posts off and on for years to try to resolve. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BVBlueJ, Nov 26, 2019.

1. BVBlueJ Win User

Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 Personalization Themes

I have constant problems with my Lock Screen and Themes on this Lenovo ThinkPad and have been reading posts off and on for years to try to resolve. I do find temporary fixes for the Lock Screen, but have to go through a process EVERY TIME MicroSoft has an update.

I really would like to fix my THEMES.

Even though there were many, many files here:

C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
    However, nothing changed in my ThinkPad personalization.themes settings when I deleted all of them. (I did save them in another folder on my desktop.)

Thanks to a post in 2017 by Greg, I found my theme folders here: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

I can delete files from this location, and they actually disappear from my Personalization>Themes view in Settings. HOWEVER, I cannot get them back. When I go to the Microsoft store, it says they are installed, but I cannot find them in either location above. I have even tried the popup in the MS store that says install on my devices. I choose the ThinkPad (the only "device" that shows and click Install. I get another popup that says it is trying to install, and I click OK. Nothing happens. I cannot see the theme in the "Themes" folder on LocalAppData, nor is anything in the ...\LocalState\Assets folder (still empty).

Is the "You Own This Theme) and or "Installed I see in the MS store something that is stored for my account there and not on my PC. I would like to get these themes that MS thinks are installed in a folder where I can apply them. I can only add themes in my Settings>Personalization>Themes that I have never installed before.

I have had lots of laptops/desktops (HP) where I have used themes with NO problems. Lock Screen has been another issue. It has only been used with no problem on a laptop and desktop I purchased with Windows 10 installed (not those I upgraded). This Lenovo has been a pain since I bought it - too many layers in my opinion. Lenovo software installed over/under/on top of Windows is the culprit, I think. I just don't know what of it I can safely remove, if anything. Nor do I know if the ThinkPad would operate successfully if I deleted the Lenovo programs.

I think I could solve this successfully if I could cause MS not to recognize themes as already "installed"/"owned" and just reinstall the ones I want.

THANKS SO VERY MUCH to anyone who has been patient enough to read all of this. Help is greatly appreciated as well.

Jan

:)

BVBlueJ, Nov 26, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Lenovo Recalls 208,000 ThinkPad Batteries

On March 1, 2007, Lenovo voluntarily recalled certain 208,000 9-cell lithium-ion batteries. These batteries were manufactured for use with ThinkPad notebook computers that shipped worldwide between November 2005 and February 2007. All ThinkPad R60, R60e Series, ThinkPad T60, T60p Series and ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p Series with 9-cell 10.8V, 5.2 Ah batteries with part number FRU P/N 92P1131 are being recalled. All affected batteries will be replaced free of charge. Lenovo suggests those computers with defective units remove the battery and use the AC adaptor until a replacement has arrived.

Source: Lenovo

malware, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 26, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Announces ThinkPad T431s Ultrabook

Lenovo today announced its new ThinkPad, with design enhancements inspired by the results of an extensive global research project. The ThinkPad T431s is the thinnest T series ever featuring a sleek, innovative trackpad, enhanced keyboard and refined aesthetics.

"We obsess over the pursuit of perfection – as evidenced by more than 20 years of Lenovo ThinkPad design and engineering accolades. However, perfection cannot be achieved without a key ingredient: customer insight," said Dilip Bhatia, vice president and general manager, ThinkPad Business Unit. "The ThinkPad T431s is the first device featuring Lenovo's new design, which represents a comprehensive examination of user experience and input."

Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 Personalization  Themes 37a_thm.jpg

From research to design
    Extending beyond traditional customer interaction, Lenovo conducted extensive research with NetGen, non-ThinkPad users and ThinkPad loyalists around the world, to gather detailed feedback on ThinkPad design. Over nine months and in multiple countries, researchers spent thousands of hours shadowing users in their homes, workplaces and remote locations, observing user behavior and asking questions. The results of this extensive research have directly contributed to the new refined design, which include technological enhancements and innovative upgrades including a new trackpad with click functionality and an incredibly thin display bezel.

ThinkPad gets new look
    The results of Lenovo's research found that respondents prioritize simplicity and modern elements when it comes to their technology. Lenovo designed the new T431s with these priorities in mind to directly enrich the user experience:
    • Streamlined Interior: Lenovo updated the award-winning ThinkPad precision keyboard by improving key placement while maintaining shortcuts for a sleeker-looking keyboard, designing the display with a super thin bezel, and debuting a new Graphite Black color.
    • Enhanced trackpad experience: The new ThinkPad trackpad is an evolution of the TrackPoint and TouchPad featuring a new larger, smooth, responsive, multi-touch glass surface that optimizes Windows 8 gestures, click functionality, and integrates TrackPoint behavior to deliver a customized, improved experience for all users.
    • Thinness, Durability, Reliability: The ThinkPad T431s, the thinnest and lightest T series ever made and the first device incorporating the new design elements, weighs just 3.6 pounds (1.63kg) and measures only 0.82 inches (20.6mm) thin. The carbon fiber top cover and magnesium exterior continue ThinkPad's heritage of business-class rugged design and durability.
    The T431s is powered by Intel 3rd generation Core processors with Turbo Boost, features improved Intel HD Graphics, up to 12 GB of memory and additional HDD and SSD storage options. The T431s has a 14-inch HD+ (1600 x 900) anti-glare display, two USB 3.0 ports for fast data transfer. The T431s is also available with Intel vPro for easy device management, supports ThinkPad docking, and provides enhanced security that commercial customers require.

Pricing and Availability
    The ThinkPad T431s will be available in April starting at approximately $949.

btarunr, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 Personalization Themes - Similar Threads - Lenovo ThinkPad Personalization

2. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo thinkpad x121e: Is lenovo thinkpad x121e support windows 10 or do i work with windows 7 or 8 ? Which windows good for my lenovo thinkpad x121e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-x121e/ad85949d-a12b-4d2b-82b3-dbd08898c336
  3. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thinkpad x121e: Is lenovo thinkpad x121e support windows 10 or do i work with windows 7 or 8 ? Which windows good for my lenovo thinkpad x121e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-x121e/ad85949d-a12b-4d2b-82b3-dbd08898c336
  4. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. idea thinkpad - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    idea thinkpad - Lenovo: i just got this lapto over the weekend and am still i'm unable to create Hello ID - Pin or fingerprint. I keep getting an error mssg that "Oops something went wrong.. log into account.live.com to fix". nothing gets resolved.. i logged in using an existing gmail and then...
  6. TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD

TOUCHPAD ON LENOVO THINKPAD: Updated drivers but still cant get touchpad to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-on-lenovo-thinkpad/e713eb98-38b9-4f08-9c3d-74f361e10b0f
  7. Lenovo ThinkPad error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo ThinkPad error: [IMG][IMG]Hello! I can’t open any program on my laptop lenovo t440, and I have 2 errors. One with power manager gauge and the other with Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. I can’t open settings, can’t open programs such as explorer or chrome. I can open windows...
  8. Lenovo thinkpad battery

Lenovo thinkpad battery: Hello everyone, I am having a problem with my lenovo think pad battery it is only charging up to 65 to 73% and it ends there it started some few days ago and i don't know how to fix it so that it could charge up to the normal 100% any help please?...
  9. Personalize the theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize the theme: Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme. So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my background but in this version of windows I can't find it. Can anyone help me with that?...
  10. Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad: I am trying to get the recovery key to a Lenovo ThinkPad. I have followed the instructions, but no key appears. What do I do next???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-of-lenovo-thinkpad/1bc9c829-3557-45ff-a4bd-0ff8b12405d0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thinkpad theme windows 10

2. lenovo thinkpad themes windows 10

3. lenovo themes windows 10

4. lenovo windows 10 theme,
  5. thinkpad screen theme,
  6. lenovo theme,
  7. win 10 themes thinkpad,
  8. themes lenovo thinkpad,
  9. personalization tab on lenovo,
  10. lenovo t440 windows 10 theme