Windows 10: Lenovo U400

Discus and support Lenovo U400 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to help a friend of mine with his Lenovo U400 laptop. he did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 and since then his laptop has been very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KC9MSG, Oct 2, 2018.

1. KC9MSG Win User

Lenovo U400

I am trying to help a friend of mine with his Lenovo U400 laptop. he did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 and since then his laptop has been very slow. We were working on it until 2 am Saturday night when he said its better but still slow. it had only 4gb of ram and only has one slot to add memory so i had another 4gb ram stick laying around and we put that in, after running the windows defender scan and a malware bytes scan which found nothing. it does have a regular 500gb hd, which I suggested he replaces with a ssd drive and probably will but where do you find one of those at 1 am? he is considering going back to windows 7, but it we can make windows 10 work right i am thinking it would be much easier to set up, since I have a feeling we would have to search for the various drivers for it for windows 7 if we went that route. Lenovo's web site says that machine is not supported for windows 10, but neither is my Lenovo x301 and my Lenovo x301 is running windows 10 pro, however when I set that up it was not an upgrade but a fresh install. thinking that may be the next route for his, get a ssd drive and do a fresh install of windows 10 and see how it acts, but before we do that just looking for suggestions..... one other thing is when you look at this pc, the c drive is still called windows 7... never saw that before...

:)

KC9MSG, Oct 2, 2018

2. How to enable touch screen function on Lenovo ideapad 500

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo idea pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.
    • Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on theTouch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

For further assistance I suggest you to contact with Lenovo support:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 2, 2018
  3. AlienIsGOD, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Lenovo U400

Lenovo X1 Carbon (2nd gen) would not restart after Creator's update

Thanks for the suggestion.

The Lenovo site does NOT list it as being compatible -- that's a bummer!

AdrianByram, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo U400

1. Lenovo U400 - Similar Threads - Lenovo U400

2. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  3. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  4. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I have a lenovo ideapad gaming laptop and I've been getting blinitializelibrary failed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a lenovo ideapad gaming laptop and I've been getting blinitializelibrary failed...: Hello!! I have a lenovo ideapad gaming 3 laptop and I've been getting blinitializelibrary failed 0xc0000185 for a long time, i gave it for repair, apparently they said we have to change the bios chip, worked fine for a few days but its back to the same condition showing the...
  6. I have a lenovo ideapad gaming laptop and I've been getting blinitializelibrary failed...

I have a lenovo ideapad gaming laptop and I've been getting blinitializelibrary failed...: Hello!! I have a lenovo ideapad gaming 3 laptop and I've been getting blinitializelibrary failed 0xc0000185 for a long time, i gave it for repair, apparently they said we have to change the bios chip, worked fine for a few days but its back to the same condition showing the...
  7. Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key: I bought an already used Lenovo computer from the internet for university.But when I started the pc, I saw that theres already an account on it.So I wanted to reset the pc but when I pressed "reset the pc" they asked me for an recovery key.I dont have that key because as I...
  8. Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key

Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key: I bought an already used Lenovo computer from the internet for university.But when I started the pc, I saw that theres already an account on it.So I wanted to reset the pc but when I pressed "reset the pc" they asked me for an recovery key.I dont have that key because as I...
  9. Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...: Windows 11 Lenovo Thinkpad Every night I shut down my computer, and then every morning I turn it back on. When I get directed to the Microsoft log-in screen where I put in my password, it doesn't recognize any letters or numbers that I type.It DOES recognize keys like "enter"...
  10. Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...

Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...: Windows 11 Lenovo Thinkpad Every night I shut down my computer, and then every morning I turn it back on. When I get directed to the Microsoft log-in screen where I put in my password, it doesn't recognize any letters or numbers that I type.It DOES recognize keys like "enter"...