Windows 10: "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for...

Discus and support "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What is a workable fix when "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for Windows 11 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rmg1_1949, Dec 7, 2023.

1. rmg1_1949 Win User

"Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for...

What is a workable fix when "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for Windows 11 ?

:)

rmg1_1949, Dec 7, 2023
  2. vivski Win User

Soundbar sometimes switches off

I bought an Adelgo 3W soundbar which only requires a USB connector at the beginning of November. It worked well until a week or so ago. Now sometimes when I am listening to something on the soundbar it will stop broadcasting and the sound will come out of the speakers which are integral with my monitors.
    I cannot find a website for the manufacturer.
    If I try disabling the monitor speakers I suddenly find that the sound stops completely, as if the sound source has been switched to one of the disabled monitor speakers. There are also plopping sound coming from the soundbar occasionally, which did not happen for the first few weeks.
    When I go to Settings, Sound and change the Output device sometimes the sound does not move to the newly selected device.

Windows has installed the driver for this soundbar, and if I try to update it I just get a message that the best driver is installed. Uninstalling the soundbar and plugging it back in again does not resolve the problem, nor does rebooting. I have also tried plugging it into different USB ports which does not solve the problem.
    Check Disk and System File Checker show no problems and Windows Home has the latest updates installed, (Version 20H2, OS build 19042.685). I am inclined to think that the problem occurred after one of the Windows updates, but maybe I am clutching at straws.
    If anyone has any suggestions I could try to attempt to resolve the problem I will be very grateful.

vivski, Dec 7, 2023
  3. vivski Win User
    Soundbar sometimes switches off

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried it on my laptop and seem to get some plopping sounds, and other strange noises so it does look as if the soundbar is faulty. I hope I can still return it, even though I no longer have the box it came in.

vivski, Dec 7, 2023
  4. "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for...

external soundbar dips in sound till quieter than laptop speakers

Hi Bebecca,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; is the issue occurs only with the external Soundbar?

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

"Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for...

1. "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for... - Similar Threads - Lenovo USB Soundbar

2. "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for...: What is a workable fix when "Lenovo USB Soundbar" does not appear as a speaker choice in System Sound Settings for Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-usb-soundbar-does-not-appear-as-a-speaker/28726b6d-ac4d-417f-8b98-431f505792f6
  3. My system does not have any Speaker Configuration settings for surround sound, although the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system does not have any Speaker Configuration settings for surround sound, although the...: My system does not have any Speaker Configuration settings for surround sound, and therefore I cannot run anything other than Stereo from my media PC. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming Z690 Plus WiFi D4 with an Intel i5-12600K that feeds via the Optical out port to a Yamaha HTR5490...
  4. My system does not have any Speaker Configuration settings for surround sound, although the...

My system does not have any Speaker Configuration settings for surround sound, although the...: My system does not have any Speaker Configuration settings for surround sound, and therefore I cannot run anything other than Stereo from my media PC. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming Z690 Plus WiFi D4 with an Intel i5-12600K that feeds via the Optical out port to a Yamaha HTR5490...
  5. Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.: Hello. A few months ago I noticed that suddenly turning the volume down or up on my computer doesn't change the volume, but when I plug in headphones the problem goes away, when I remove it the problem reappears. When I make the volume between 1-100, the sound as if it is on...
  6. Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.

Increasing or decreasing the soundbar does not change the sound.: Hello. A few months ago I noticed that suddenly turning the volume down or up on my computer doesn't change the volume, but when I plug in headphones the problem goes away, when I remove it the problem reappears. When I make the volume between 1-100, the sound as if it is on...
  7. Sound Driver for Vizio soundbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver for Vizio soundbar: I have a windows 11 PC and am using my TV as a monitor via HDMI and also using a Vizio 2.0 sound bar model SB2020n-G6 for sound. It was working fin until today. I think that I must have uninstalled the sound driver from windows. Can someone point me to a site that has this...
  8. BT Soundbar connected but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BT Soundbar connected but no sound: Hello, Recently purchased an Asus desktop, connected my Taotronics soundbar but no sound. Been through it all, disconnect, connect, unpair, pair, reset, reboot, updated all latest drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled. My cell phone connects immediately to the soundbar, so...
  9. Speaker Choice for Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Choice for Sound: I need to know how to have only one speaker play. I have a split track CD which has the accompaniment in one speaker and the voices in the other speaker and I only want to play the accompaniment. Could someone tell me how to be able to do this or if it is possible?...
  10. Sound setting not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound setting not appearing: So the settings sound in the "System" part in settings isn't appearing like usual It is gone how to fix this? I want to change the settings of every app but can't...