Windows 10: Lenovo used shady 'rootkit' tactic to quietly reinstall unwanted...

Discus and support Lenovo used shady 'rootkit' tactic to quietly reinstall unwanted... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Ha! My H530 is not on the list. So far all the a stuff Lenovo adds hasn't been on my PC.(Just got luck I guess). but there are problems with all PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Berton Win User

Lenovo used shady 'rootkit' tactic to quietly reinstall unwanted...

They've had just as much time to get things ready as we've had in trying it out. I have 2 Dell Notebooks and looking on their support.dell.com site lists a note about Win10 and suitable drivers available that are not included in Win10.

Berton, Aug 12, 2015
  2. ksdixon Win User

Time for Ms to enforce ms signature pcs and kill oem bloatware for good.

ksdixon, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Ztruker Win User
    I love my Lenovo K450 Quad Core 3.4Ghz 16GB system. It's also not on the list *Smile

Ztruker, Aug 13, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

Which is worse OEM bloat easy to remove or M$ bloat and not easy to remove.

labeeman, Aug 13, 2015
  5. It's the M$ who implemented the BIOS based backdoor so others can exploit it.

Source : Lenovo is now using rootkit-like techniques to install their software on CLEAN W... | Hacker News

The one who made the gun and the one who used the gun are both equally responsible !.

Anshad Edavana, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Hmmmmmm? Ouch! You hurt my brain with that question!
    Lenovo used shady 'rootkit' tactic to quietly reinstall unwanted... [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2015
  7. MS Bloat. If it's bad enough it'll go away on it's own, but at the bare minimum you can usually disable it.

FuturDreamz, Aug 13, 2015
  8. DTG1 Win User

Keeping BIOS from getting stealth "updated" might be needed.

Thema:

1. Lenovo used shady 'rootkit' tactic to quietly reinstall unwanted... - Similar Threads - Lenovo used shady

2. Unwanted reinstallation of Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted reinstallation of Mail: On my first restart after the most recent Windows 10 update either KB5022834 or KB5022729 I suddenly find myself receiving notifications from Mail, despite having uninstalled it a few months ago. I have never used the app or set it up with my details.Is this caused by one of...
  3. Unwanted reinstallation of Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted reinstallation of Mail: On my first restart after the most recent Windows 10 update either KB5022834 or KB5022729 I suddenly find myself receiving notifications from Mail, despite having uninstalled it a few months ago. I have never used the app or set it up with my details.Is this caused by one of...
  4. Unwanted reinstallation of Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. rootkit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rootkit: HiWhat are rootkits on my desktop via MALWARE bytes?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rootkit/07a0f6b2-1909-4285-98dd-e31b72c3192d
  6. rootkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rootkit: HiWhat are rootkits on my desktop via MALWARE bytes?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rootkit/07a0f6b2-1909-4285-98dd-e31b72c3192d
  7. rootkit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. deceitful tactics

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deceitful tactics: How come when you sign up for an account all the included documentation never mentions a need for your phone number, and assures you your information is guarded, however after a few day the account becomes mysteriously compromised and they must have my phone number or i cant...
  9. Rootkits

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rootkits: I have been searching the internet and nowhere can I find an answer concerning how are these installed on or in a system.Am I to assume that something like this 'rootkit' may be installed by USB or downloaded from a website, considering the word 'installed' implies this?Can...
  10. Rootkit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rootkit: Can a Rootkit be Totally annihilated by Scanning through Defender? What if it is deeply embedded in the OS itself, finding root on some apps or file or even in user and kernel levels. This is my problem cause my secondary Laptop came pre installed apps and Rootkit, of which I...