Windows 10: Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some outlets are reporting that Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional update that was shipped on August 17, also causes a red screen on some PCs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 9, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903

Some outlets are reporting that Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional update that was shipped on August 17, also causes a red screen on some PCs. However, the problem appears to be associated with the Lenovo Vantage app on PCs with any version of Windows 10 May 2019 Update installed, and not the particular KB4512941 patch.

The problem has been reported by multiple users on the Lenovo forum (1, 2,) in the past few months. According to users, the mysterious bug causes a red or orange tint when taking screenshots on Lenovo devices.

This behaviour is not linked with old graphics drivers and it only affects devices with Lenovo Vantage app. Apparently, there are compatibility issues between Windows 10 May 2019 Update and Lenovo Vantage app that still to be ironed out.

Lenovo Vantage is an app created specifically for PCs running Windows 10 and it allows power users to personalize settings, update drivers, improve performance and WiFi security.

Fortunately, there are ways to fix the problem. If you find yourself affected by this, simply click on the ‘Reset’ button in the Vantage app under the Night Light section. Or you can uninstall the app and reboot your PC, and the red or orange tint would go away. You can also try updating the app from the Microsoft Store as it could also resolve the problem.

Microsoft and Lenovo are yet to acknowledge the bug.

The post Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 9, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Windows Colored in Red

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as the screen turns red when to turn on the computer.

This might be the display drivers issue.

Kindly let us know with the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to access desktop?
    • Is there any error code along with the red screen?
    • Have you tried to connect an external monitor and check if the issue persists?
    • Have you updated the display drivers?

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

If you are able to boot the computer to desktop then, I suggest you to update the display drivers to your computer.

Method 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.
    [*]
    Method 2: If you are unable to access desktop, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and update the display drivers.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Update the Display Adapter driver in safe mode.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903

Windows 10 - Version 1903 - OS Build 18362.295 Icons not displayed on some apps after update.

Windows 10 - Version 1903 - OS Build 18362.295 Icons not displayed on some apps after update

After update application icons missing and get standard dialog box.

Lenovo Laptop - Also can't open Lenovo Vantage since update. Window opens and just loads.

Windows_Matt, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903

1. Lenovo Vantage app bug turns display red in Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - Lenovo Vantage app

2. Lenovo vantage not loading in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo vantage not loading in: My Lenovo Vantage stopped working maybe 5 days ago and I haven't been able to get into the app. I've tried to google the answer but to no success. It get's past the big "Lenovo" logo but then it just goes white and then it says "Not responding". I've tried waiting for over 10...
  3. Lenovo vantage not loading in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo vantage not loading in: My Lenovo Vantage stopped working maybe 5 days ago and I haven't been able to get into the app. I've tried to google the answer but to no success. It get's past the big "Lenovo" logo but then it just goes white and then it says "Not responding". I've tried waiting for over 10...
  4. lenovo vantage instalment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo vantage instalment: Hello, I can not install lenovo vantage for my lenovo legion 5 17' from MS store. I tried everything from forums but no help. Anyone can assist? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-vantage-instalment/a00ab43c-a433-4610-a33e-f349a2e8f70e
  5. lenovo vantage instalment

lenovo vantage instalment: Hello, I can not install lenovo vantage for my lenovo legion 5 17' from MS store. I tried everything from forums but no help. Anyone can assist? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-vantage-instalment/a00ab43c-a433-4610-a33e-f349a2e8f70e
  6. LENOVO VANTAGE AND WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LENOVO VANTAGE AND WINDOWS 11: LENOVO VINTAGE app dosnt work properly with the window 11 does this issue is happening with me or with all ,it crashes everytime i try to open it so i had tp downgrade the pc to window 10 .please share solution if anyone has will be helpfull...
  7. Lenovo Vantage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Vantage: Hello! I just want to get some help with my Lenovo Vantage. The problem is that the power settings as well as the other settings just disappeared even when I accessed them through the app. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it again, but it is still the same. This is what...
  8. Lenovo Vantage

Lenovo Vantage: Hello! I just want to get some help with my Lenovo Vantage. The problem is that the power settings as well as the other settings just disappeared even when I accessed them through the app. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it again, but it is still the same. This is what...
  9. Lenovo Vantage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Vantage?: Hello, lenovo vantage app services are being upgraded I got a warning that tells me to download, I downloaded it, I ran it but nothing happened ?Cannot install after downloading the file[IMG][IMG]...
  10. Lenovo Vantage bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Vantage bug: after I uninstalled lenovo vantage manually from its uninstall file my battery still in conversion mode and it dosen't charging after it reaches 55%-60% ...! how can I delete any remaining services or registry files..? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo bug 2019