Windows 10: LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...

Discus and support LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello everybody I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10. In Hello setup I created... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by George Matjouranis, Feb 25, 2019.

1. LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...

Hello everybody

I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10.

In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options)

When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint (which is enabled-not grayed out) nothing happens.

For your reference :

a) Synaptics driver installed correctly and updated to latest version - Reports working fine.

b) Uninstalled Lenovo Fingerprint Manager (leftover from Win7)

c) In order to make sure that there is no h/w problem and FPR sensor works fine, I made a clean Win10 installation in another SSD and FPR worked fine - Was able to record fingerprints and use the fingerprint logon feature. - SO FPR sensor works fine- no h/w problem

d) There is no green light in the FPR sensor at any time

e) System Updates are up to date from both Lenovo and Microsoft

and also in Win7 with Lenovo fingerprint Manager everything worked fine.

I have tried many so called fixes as :

a) remove PIN and create a new one - Fingerprint setup still did not work - Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens.

b) Create new user account (both options administrator and normal user) - The problem persisted -Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens

c) Have run Troubleshooter on Hardware and devices on the control panel- Report everything Ok - could not find any problems.

d) Reset fingerprint sensor data from BIOS - Well it did not solve the problem still Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens

e) Also in Group Policy editor made sure that in COmputer configuration->Adminidtrative Templates->Windows Components->Biometrics Allow use of Biometrics is allowed / enabled for both local and domain users

My wild guess is that there must be something left (possibly in the registry) from the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager that

My sincere thanks go in advance to everybody who will take the time and effort to read and propose a solution

George

P.S. Have not tried the clean boot solution yet (with msconfig) and also PM (trusted platform module) reset (what should I backup when resetting the TPM ??

:)

George Matjouranis, Feb 25, 2019

2. Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

Let's try Uninstall the Fingerprint Manager and Re-enroll the Fingerprints.

To uninstall the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager, and then re-enroll your fingerprints. Follow the steps below:

Step 1. Open the Control Panel and find Programs.

Step 2. Click Uninstall a program under the Programs.

Step 3. Find Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager in the program list, and then right click it to uninstall it.

Install Synaptics Fingerprint Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E480, E580 from official Lenovo support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS50...

Restart your device and follow this steps to configure your fingerprint:

Step 1. Click the Start button to open the Settings.

Step 2. Select Accounts in the Settings.

Step 3. Choose "Sign-in options" on the left. Scroll to Windows Hello and click Set Up in the Fingerprint section.

Step 4. Click Get started in the Windows Hello setup.

Step 5. Enter your PIN.

Step 6. Put one of your fingers on the fingerprint reader to scan it.

Step 7. Choose Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or you can choose to close the program.

Let me know how was.

AngelCarreno, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Setting up fingerprint sign-in

When trying to set up fingerprint sign-in under system settings (using a Lenovo Yoga X1), I try to press 'Set up' under 'Fingerprint' but the box is not clickable. At the top of the 'Sign-in options' window, it states "*Some settings are hidden or managed
    by your organization." Is there any way for me to get past this and add fingerprint authorization for my account on this laptop?

Abhilash Mathews, Feb 25, 2019
  4. LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...

No sign in options when fingerprint recognition is blocked

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo E50-70 laptop, it has a fingerprint scanner. If Windows does not recognise the fingerprint after two attempts, Hello automatically blocks fingerprint sign in.

I also have a password set for my account, so I should be able to sign in using that; however when I click on the 'sign in options' link - nothing happens. No other options appear. I am not able to sign in using a password.

If I press the power button, the computer sleeps, when it wakes again I get the same screen with no way to sign in. The only way I can get back to a sign in screen I can use is to pull the power plug and the battery, and kill the laptop. That is a drastic
    and damaging option which I don't want to use.

I have tried removing and registering new fingerprints, but it seems that Windows Hello does not work as well as Lenovo's own fingerprint recognition software, and the lack of sign in options when it fails makes my computer effectively unusable.

Any ideas, please?

roystonoboogie, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...

1. LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options... - Similar Threads - LENOVO W540 Nothing

2. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens: OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, - Microsoft CommunityI have this same problem and what you have suggested doesnt work. One thing to note is that when I try to re-install from the link you sent it wont let me as say can only have 32 bit...
  3. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens: OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, - Microsoft CommunityI have this same problem and what you have suggested doesnt work. One thing to note is that when I try to re-install from the link you sent it wont let me as say can only have 32 bit...
  4. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  5. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  6. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.: OneDrive icon on taskbar shows "Not signed in" cloud icon shows with a line across it. When I click on the icon, the following window opens, asking me to sign in. But when I click to sign in, the window closes, and nothing happens. It doesn't let me sign in....
  7. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.

OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.: OneDrive icon on taskbar shows "Not signed in" cloud icon shows with a line across it. When I click on the icon, the following window opens, asking me to sign in. But when I click to sign in, the window closes, and nothing happens. It doesn't let me sign in....
  8. Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared: One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The fingerprint option has completely disappeared on my laptop like it never existed. How can I fix this?...
  9. Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop (i7-6820HQ , 16GB, FPR sensor). running Windows 10 - 21H1 In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint (which is enabled-not grayed out) nothing...
  10. LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT: Hello everybody I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10. In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint...