Windows 10: LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT

Discus and support LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everybody I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10. In Hello setup I created... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gmatj, Feb 25, 2019.

1. gmatj Win User

LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT

Hello everybody

I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10.

In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options)

When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint (which is enabled-not grayed out) nothing happens.

For your reference :

a) Synaptics driver installed correctly and updated to latest version - Reports working fine.

b) Uninstalled Lenovo Fingerprint Manager (leftover from Win7)

c) In order to make sure that there is no h/w problem and FPR sensor works fine, I made a clean Win10 installation in another SSD and FPR worked fine - Was able to record fingerprints and use the fingerprint logon feature. - SO FPR sensor works fine- no h/w problem

d) There is no green light in the FPR sensor at any time

e) System Updates are up to date from both Lenovo and Microsoft

f) I have also run System File Checker tool and DISM to check for system file corruption - No problems found

and also in Win7 with Lenovo fingerprint Manager everything worked fine.

I have tried many so called fixes as :

a) remove PIN and create a new one - Fingerprint setup still did not work - Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens.

b) Create new user account (both options administrator and normal user) - The problem persisted -Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens

c) Have run Troubleshooter on Hardware and devices on the control panel- Report everything Ok - could not find any problems.

d) Reset fingerprint sensor data from BIOS - Well it did not solve the problem still Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens

e) Also in Group Policy editor made sure that in COmputer configuration->Adminidtrative Templates->Windows Components->Biometrics Allow use of Biometrics is allowed / enabled for both local and domain users

My wild guess is that there must be something left (possibly in the registry) from the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager that

My sincere thanks go in advance to everybody who will take the time and effort to read and propose a solution

George

P.S. Have not tried the clean boot solution yet (with msconfig) and also PM (trusted platform module) reset (what should I backup when resetting the TPM ??

:)

gmatj, Feb 25, 2019

2. Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

Let's try Uninstall the Fingerprint Manager and Re-enroll the Fingerprints.

To uninstall the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager, and then re-enroll your fingerprints. Follow the steps below:

Step 1. Open the Control Panel and find Programs.

Step 2. Click Uninstall a program under the Programs.

Step 3. Find Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager in the program list, and then right click it to uninstall it.

Install Synaptics Fingerprint Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E480, E580 from official Lenovo support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS50...

Restart your device and follow this steps to configure your fingerprint:

Step 1. Click the Start button to open the Settings.

Step 2. Select Accounts in the Settings.

Step 3. Choose "Sign-in options" on the left. Scroll to Windows Hello and click Set Up in the Fingerprint section.

Step 4. Click Get started in the Windows Hello setup.

Step 5. Enter your PIN.

Step 6. Put one of your fingers on the fingerprint reader to scan it.

Step 7. Choose Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or you can choose to close the program.

Let me know how was.

AngelCarreno, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Feb 25, 2019
  4. JSF123456 Win User

Fingerprint reader not working, windows 10, lenovo X200s

I upgraded my Lenovo X200s to windows 10. Since then, the fingerprint reader is not functioning. It is listed as a generic fingerprint device under the device manager, but I cannot update the driver auto or manual. I installed the Lenovo Validity fingerprint
    driver for Windows 10 and used the Run: gpedit.msc route to enable biometrics, but still there is no option to set up fingerprint sign-in. Is this fingerprint reader a total loss? I haven't found any other fixes online, especially not for the X200
    series. Thanks.

JSF123456, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT - Similar Threads - LENOVO W540 Nothing

2. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  3. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  4. Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50: I have a Lenovo P50 laptop (i7-6820HQ , 16GB, FPR sensor). running Windows 10 - 21H1 In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint (which is enabled-not grayed out) nothing...
  5. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  6. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  7. Under Apps and Features when I click modify for Microsoft Edge nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Under Apps and Features when I click modify for Microsoft Edge nothing happens: Under Apps and Features when I click modify for Microsoft Edge nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/under-apps-and-features-when-i-click-modify-for/244ac9cc-5327-4608-8fc3-3a0df63a5889
  8. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?: I run Windows 10 on this computer . . . I use Yahoo Mail, to send and receive, my email. Lately.this computer, is running so S-L-O-W. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens? It's happens that way for most shortcuts on my desktop. I know you will say, I have two...
  9. LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...: Hello everybody I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10. In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint...
  10. Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens: Any to fix this? I click on settings and nothing happens 5469