Windows 10: Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click

Discus and support Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Lenovo laptop V14 - ARE. I have been driving myself crazy looking for a way to disable tap to click. The fact that this is not easy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SS Otown, Jul 31, 2020.

1. SS Otown Win User

Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click

I have a new Lenovo laptop V14 - ARE. I have been driving myself crazy looking for a way to disable tap to click. The fact that this is not easy to do is a glaring failure on Lenovo's part. I tried all sorts of stuff an looked all around. Nothing I could get would work. I stumbled onto this post to fix HP computers. It worked. Download the drivers in the second post, the one from HP support and follow the instructions in some of the other posts to go through your start menu and just use the program for elan settings that is installed with the afore mentioned driver.

Really sad I have to go to HP support to solve a problem with Lenovo's failure to include the most important setting in the use of a touchpad. This is like making a first person shooter game and not putting an option to invert the Y. Right stupid!

Hope this helps.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-to-disable-Tap-to-Click-feature-on-Elan-touchpad/td-p/7217858

:)

SS Otown, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Shmeezer Win User

Elan won't disable tapping

The newest update just installed. I had disabled tapping before the upgrade, but now it won't disable even though I have gone through the steps to disable by going to Mouse Properties, Elan tab, Options, and clicking to remove the check mark for tapping,
    and clicking the apply button. Now the Options button won't take me anywhere.

Shmeezer, Jul 31, 2020
  3. RichK Win User
    How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10

I'm glad you found a solution. Apparently ASUS is behind on this. Their Elan driver still has no way to disable tap clicking. I will contact ASUS and see if there is any joy to be had there.

RichK, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Lancetti Win User

Windows 10 - Disable click to tap and gestures (ELAN)

I just wanted to share this information that I found after a lot of searching for answers.

I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. I was able to figure out that I had an ELAN touchpad, but no controls to modify the settings beyond sensitivity in anyway. So if I wanted to turn off scrolling, or make the touchpad sensitive to
    my palm, or stop the click to tap feature, I was unable to. A lot of the search answers involved either drivers or registry editing, which I didn't want to do a registry edit. My laptop kept erroring on installing the Synaptics controls from the Microsoft
    Store, and the Dell touchpad controls didn't work and kept forwarding me to the "mouse properties" window. I did finally find a solution!

TL;DR: Windows 10 Home with an ELAN touchpad does not come installed with the ELAN software. You'll need to install it yourself.

1. Make a System Restore point.
    2. Make sure you have allowed applications to be installed NOT from Microsoft Store.
    3. Search up "Mouse Settings". On the right, click "Additional Mouse Options." It'll open a WinXP looking window titled: Mouse Properties. You're looking for the red ELAN logo on the tabs (should be on the right). [In this process I did find that there's two
      different Mouse Properties windows, one will show the ELAN icon and one will not.]
    4. Click the ELAN tab. At the "enable" area of the window, it should be "enable"d. Double-click the word "ELAN smart-pad Enable" or whatever is listed, and Windows 10 should prompt to ask you to install a software. Click confirm.

Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click e90903c6-78af-4f16-bc62-df5ba5875df6?upload=true.png

If you want to make sure your touchpad is working, select for it to "Display Dynamic/Static Icon" and the icon will appear in the task area in the start bar.
    5. Once the software is installed, it should automatically open the ELAN touchpad software.

Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click e8b7625b-5fde-44bc-b65c-d11821a12b96?upload=true.png

This software is FREE.

The laptop I bought should've been updated with this software but for some reason it wasn't.

It seems that upon using this software I've been able to turn off the "gestures" that came with Windows 10.

The only follow-up you might need to do once you've installed and set-up the ELAN software is restart. I didn't need to, but I need to update the ELAN mouse drivers to a version from July 2018 (auto-found through the internet search).

I really hope this solution helps people who are having issues with their touchpads!

Lancetti, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click - Similar Threads - Lenovo Elan Drivers

2. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  3. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  4. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?: I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation. To be honest, after researching this topic in the past, I was able to disable it, but...I had forgotten how to now. If someone would be so kind to assist...
  5. How to disable tap clicking?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable tap clicking?: I cant stand tap clicking, how can I disable it? In other versions of windows I was able to do it pretty easily in the settings, but now I cant find the option. Anyone know how to do it? submitted by /u/MrYoshi411 [link] [comments]...
  6. How to disable tap to click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable tap to click: I have tried pretty much everything people have said online but nothing works! either the tabs aren't there or the solutions just don't work. I am at my wit's end! Computer is an Alienware Area 51m...
  7. Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently found out that each time ELAN driver gets installed on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen Error message pop-up when rebooting my laptop. After every Windows update, I need to boot my laptop in Safe Mode and delete the ELAN driver in order for it to...
  8. Disabling tap to click in windows 10

Disabling tap to click in windows 10: I have an MSI computer with a Synaptics touch pad. I have not been able to disable the tap to click "feature" on the touch pad MSI says it is all controlled by Windows 10 and I have to wait to see if they fix it. This sounds wrong to me cause I have a Dell laptop running the...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  10. How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10

How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10: I recently updated/upgraded my Windows 8 laptop to Windows 10 operating system. I would like to know how to disable the tap-to-click touch-pad feature in Windows 10. It was easy to do on 8, but after searching through the settings on 10 I am unable to locate that setting....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot