Windows 10: lenovo x1 does not go to sleep when power is plugged

Discus and support lenovo x1 does not go to sleep when power is plugged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my lenovo x1 carbon does not go to sleep after i close my lid only if its plugged to charger. when i unplug it, it goes to sleep normally by closing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Taka_Flo, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Taka_Flo Win User

lenovo x1 does not go to sleep when power is plugged

my lenovo x1 carbon does not go to sleep after i close my lid only if its plugged to charger.

when i unplug it, it goes to sleep normally by closing lid. this happened only when its plugged to charger.

i have looked into alot of the forms in this community but still does not solve this problem.

:)

Taka_Flo, Jan 28, 2019
  2. mscomm100 Win User
    mscomm100, Jan 28, 2019
  3. AlistairJ Win User
    Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see attached screen dump--and my laptop being plugged in, it still goes to sleep / shuts down after a short time of inactivity. Can any suggest why it is doing this and how to fix it?

AlistairJ, Jan 28, 2019
  4. mscomm100 Win User

mscomm100, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. lenovo x1 does not go to sleep when power is plugged - Similar Threads - lenovo does sleep

2. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo x1 yoga crashes: my levono crashed some one helpOn Fri 7/14/2023 9:52:04 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071423-141562-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1540xFFFF9403BAB2B000, 0xFFFFCC845EEB1590, 0x2, 0x0Bugcheck...
  3. lenovo x1 yoga crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lenovo x1 yoga crashes: my x1 yoga crashes ...someone help tried sfc scan ,dism , checked hardware in lenovo vantage. its says hardware fine after test but using windbg it says image name; ntkrnlmp.exe...
  4. Lenovo X1 Carbon 9th Gen Wakes from Sleep When Plugging in Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo X1 Carbon 9th Gen Wakes from Sleep When Plugging in Power: I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 9th Gen that powers on with fans going 100% every time I plug it in power when its sleeping, its super annoying and cant find anything online about it, not even sure where to start looking. Im running the most up to date version of Win11 and recently...
  5. Lenovo X1 Carbon 9th Gen Wakes from Sleep When Plugging in Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo X1 Carbon 9th Gen Wakes from Sleep When Plugging in Power: I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 9th Gen that powers on with fans going 100% every time I plug it in power when its sleeping, its super annoying and cant find anything online about it, not even sure where to start looking. Im running the most up to date version of Win11 and recently...
  6. Lenovo X1 Carbon BSOD when sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo X1 Carbon BSOD when sleep: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon and sometimes when I put it to sleep I got a BSOD, could you guys help me figure out what's going on, I put the minidump file on this link Minidump THANKS...
  7. My Windows 10 Laptop does not go to Sleep when it's plugged in !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows 10 Laptop does not go to Sleep when it's plugged in !!: TL;DR: My old Windows 10 laptop goes to sleep only when not plugged in, online solutions didn't work and my setup needs this (gonna stick it behind my TV and use wireless MnK) ------- So I thought I would bring my Toshiba Sattellite Laptop back to life. I bought it back in...
  8. Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in: I have exactly the same problem as in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-locking-going-to-sleep-when-charging/e0600313-6720-4ee5-82e7-07a38b4fae8d However the replies couldn't solve my problem, so I decided to ask the question...
  9. Lenovo Carbon X1 Laptop does not detect monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Carbon X1 Laptop does not detect monitor: I ordered the Lenovo USB-C to HDMI Adapter, connected it to a previously already working monitor (I used to have it connected to a Macbook Pro). For some reason, my Lenovo won't detect the monitor on the Display Settings. Please advise how I can connect to my monitor as soon...
  10. Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings: Hi My laptop, which is running windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.320, is going to sleep/hibernating, every time when the battery gets to 6% power-or some times less. The power light remains on with the screen turning off and, if I then press the power button ,it wakes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo screen does not go to sleep

2. lenovo x1 does not go to sleep win10

3. lenovo x1 carbon power settings not working

4. lenovo x1 wont go in to sleep mode,
  5. change when lenovo x1 screen goes to sleep,
  6. x1 yoga not waking up after sleep,
  7. lenovo yoga does not go to sleep,
  8. lenovo x1 windows 10 cant shut down when plugged into power,
  9. lenovo x1 yoga wont go to sleep,
  10. keep my lenonv X1 yoga from turning off the display when not plugged in,
  11. lenovo x1 not going to sleep