Windows 10: lenovo y520 suddenly heating up all the time

Discus and support lenovo y520 suddenly heating up all the time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; as the title says I undervolted like a week ago and it was good until 2 days ago temps were 70c all the time restarted and didn't open anything other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pokjl, Aug 26, 2020.

1. /u/Pokjl Win User

lenovo y520 suddenly heating up all the time

as the title says I undervolted like a week ago and it was good until 2 days ago temps were 70c all the time restarted and didn't open anything other than intel extreme tuning utiliy to check temps same thing 67-72c without anything opened and if I play a game it will heat up until it blue screens and restarts i've had it for 2 years now works fine until this week and I don't think its a fan issue because it happened overnight and I really don't move it and Theres a problem where I have to reinstall nvidia drivers almost daily because nvidia control panel give's me an error saying that im not using a nvidia display please help I can't afford buying a new one

cpu is i7-7700hq

gpu 1050 4gb

submitted by /u/Pokjl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pokjl, Aug 26, 2020

2. Lenovo legion y520 not registering mic

But my laptop only has 1 input jack.

You need to talk to Lenovo as their own website and documentation contains conflicting information.

From their website:

lenovo y520 suddenly heating up all the time EqQsc.png

You can see it clearly says:

Source Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop

From the user manual:

Source Lenovo Y520 Y520-15IKBN User Guide

lenovo y520 suddenly heating up all the time K457F.png

You can see it clearly says:

DavidPostill, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.

@AkaneHaruka, there is no Y520-15IKBN model listed on Crucial's site, but there is a Y520-15IKBM, is that your one? If so, it looks like your RAM should be compatible. Check Crucial's list and compare the specs to your RAM.

Here is Crucial's list of compatible memory on their Japanese site...
    RAM SSD Upgrades | Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBM | Crucial JP

...and the same information on the US site.
    RAM SSD Upgrades | Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBM | Crucial.com

4. xkm1948 Win User

Looking for laptop - great battery life and lightweight

ASUS has shitty customer service. Nice product but horrible support.

I would suggest a Lenovo Y520 with GTX1060

xkm1948, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. lenovo y520 suddenly heating up all the time - Similar Threads - lenovo y520 suddenly

2. Lenovo Pen Pro not Working all of a Sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Pen Pro not Working all of a Sudden: I've had a Lenovo Pen Pro after a while, and it's worked perfectly. But now all of a sudden it's behaving strangely when I use it! Even putting the pen to hover has it move erratically and refuse to respond properly to input.I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of:- Replacing...
  3. Nvidia GPU 1050 Ti not working - Lenovo Leginion Y520

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nvidia GPU 1050 Ti not working - Lenovo Leginion Y520: Hello, I have been having trouble with my GPU in the past couple of months. The problem started on the 16th of march when I was playing War Thunder and all of the sudden a blue screen appeared saying the following : Your device ran into a problem and needs to be restart. Stop...
  4. Lenovo Y520 laptop Window10 is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lenovo Y520 laptop Window10 is not activated: I brought a Lenovo laptop Y520 a few years ago, but my window 10 is not activated. In 'Setting' > 'Activation', it said it is a 'Window 10 Enterprise' edition, and sometimes the watermark appears. I am not sure was it an Enterprise edition when I brought it. I tried...
  5. Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR: I have very odd problem - my laptop won't wake from sleep. It stays on black screen. If I wait long enough, I will see a BSOD with error "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" and crash dump will be created. I tried many solutions: 1 Driver verifier - deleted some "unstable" drivers, but...
  6. Lenovo Legion Y520 windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Legion Y520 windows 10 2004: Hi everyone i would like to know if my laptop could ever get the new version update cause currently im still at 1909 and it says The "Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." for few months now...
  7. Lenovo Legion Y520 - keeps shutting down 2, 3 times a day

Lenovo Legion Y520 - keeps shutting down 2, 3 times a day: Hi folks, I have a problem with the above mentioned laptop. My battery burnt out, changed it, connected it as it should, but with the new battery is doing this shutting down stuff. 2 times or 3 times per day. Plugged in or on battery. I have it over a cooler fan...
  8. Why could the CPU suddenly be heating up this much?

Why could the CPU suddenly be heating up this much?: [ATTACH] [In screenshot: Thunderbird was just starting, hence the high power usage, otherwise NONE of those programs + a couple more would have the temps at 72°C, except momentarily. Before submitting this post, I closed Thunderbird and still have temps mostly around 71°C....
  9. Big Windows crash - Lenovo Legion Y520

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big Windows crash - Lenovo Legion Y520: My laptop crashed. I hit save on a jpeg file, and went downstairs to feed my dogs. Upon my return, i discovered that my laptop was showing a blue screen that it was unable to auto repair. I am attempting to reinstall windows 10. But i want to be able to recover my personal...
  10. Lenovo Legion Y520

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Legion Y520: Do any of you have a Lenovo laptop? I've just bought one - the spec looked very impressive and it is, performance-wise. But it was advertised as a Windows 10 laptop and it looks to me like it's a Win 8/Win 10-ready. (I won't know for sure until I've checked it after it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo y520-15ikbn random shutdown