Windows 10: Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up

Discus and support Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today, when I got home, I booted up my Laptop (Lenovo Y720). When it got past the log in, All i saw was a black screen and a small cmd window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keithngan162, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up

Today, when I got home, I booted up my Laptop (Lenovo Y720). When it got past the log in, All i saw was a black screen and a small cmd window displaying "windows 32". I managed to fix this by going into my task manager, clicking on file, clicking "run a new task" and then typing in "explorer.exe". when i executed that task my desktop loaded in. Although, when i rebooted my laptop to see if it fixed it permanently, I saw the black screen again.

here's a screenshot of the window that is displayed when i boot up my laptop: https://imgur.com/4ZxReKX

What could have caused this? and how can I stop it from happening again?

I have tried the "regedit" method wherein you edit the value of "shell", my probl;em is the value of shell is already correct, it says "explorer.exe"

I have also tried booting up my laptop without anything connected to it, originally i have a power cable, a Ethernet cable, and a usb hub (has keyboard,mouse,printer connected to it). still no luck.

I now also cant access features like the different troubleshooting programs and i cant make a restore point. they both display an error related to system32. Here's a picture of the error message i keep getting: https://imgur.com/YyeUWew

:)

keithngan162, Jul 29, 2019
  2. patson Win User

Hp pavilion booting to black screen with mouse cursor

Hp Pavilion 14-b000ei - booting to black screen with mouse cursor. Help

patson, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up [​IMG]

Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next up is bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    And after doing diskpart , list disc

naturalbodz, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up

1. Lenovo Y720 only displays a black screen and a mouse cursor after booting up - Similar Threads - Lenovo Y720 displays

2. Windows 11 - Black screen after login mouse cursor only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Black screen after login mouse cursor only: Many of our computers are getting a black screen after log in randomly. I am unable to start explorer.exe from task manager, it immediately will crash. This appears to have started a couple months ago. In each case event log will show an event ID 270 StateRepository for every...
  3. Windows 11 - Black screen after login mouse cursor only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Black screen after login mouse cursor only: Many of our computers are getting a black screen after log in randomly. I am unable to start explorer.exe from task manager, it immediately will crash. This appears to have started a couple months ago. In each case event log will show an event ID 270 StateRepository for every...
  4. Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen: Hello today I was using my computer today and when I restarted it the screen goes black and has a cursor after the windows boot screen. I've tried to get into task manager, but it wont show up. I tried pressing control alt delete and nothing shows up. Going to the BIOS screen...
  5. Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update: I am going to say now my windows is not activated. I tried running explorer.exe and ending the task but the black screen was still there. I tried rolling back my displaying adapter and unstalling it, did nothing. I havent installed any third party malware protection. I cant...
  6. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  7. display has black screen with cursor on boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display has black screen with cursor on boot up: When I boot up my Dell Inspiron Desktop, the display works fine on initial start up, but goes to black screen when loading up. It only displays the cursor. I have to shut it off, then power it back up with a restart in order for the display to work. Everything else works fine...
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen only Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen only Mouse Cursor: Where do i begin. So about 3 days ago my PC was working completely fine. I started it up and before the Windows 10 Sign In.... nothing. Black screen, no desktop, no welcome screen, nothing. If i move my mouse it appears and that's it. Just my mouse and an empty void. Ctrl Alt...
  9. PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor: Hi Today I tried to power on the system when the system started it didn't show any Windows logo and only blank screen appears with cursor the cursor can be moved but nothing is shown on the screen. I am using the Windows 10....
  10. Black screen after booting up with only mouse cursor (unable to access Safe Mode nor Ctrl +...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after booting up with only mouse cursor (unable to access Safe Mode nor Ctrl +...: So about a month ago I had bought a brand new Asus Vivobook Pro, and apart from slow disk speeds from time to time it was working pretty fine. Fast forward to around 2 days ago, and I was simply browsing some articles on Google Chrome, and had some streaming site (Netflix I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo m720q boot up mouse cursor only