Windows 10: Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and...

Discus and support Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Support, A friend of mine asked me to reset/reformat her laptop using a bootable flash drive. I ran into some problems at first when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ClarenceFernando, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and...

Hi Microsoft Support,

A friend of mine asked me to reset/reformat her laptop using a bootable flash drive. I ran into some problems at first when restarting from fresh installation but I was able to reformat it after few tries of booting it up from a bootable flash drive and force shut down. I thought it was just an OS incompatibility issue coz I used a different Windows 10 Pro ISO file before it got installed. Though I noticed the same issue before I do the operation. All the drivers are now up to date. The problem is even all drivers are up to date when I restart the laptop it freezes and won't continue on boot up. I've tried all possible fixes on the internet but none of it solved the problem except the factory reset. I thought it won't work because a restart will execute after. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Thank you so much,

:)

ClarenceFernando, Mar 7, 2021

2. Lenovo Thinkpad yoga 11e will NOT update to Win 10 Anniversary (1611 build)

Attempted Win 10 Anniversary Update on Lenovo Thinkpad yoga 11e FAILED.

Updated without problems:

Lenovo 15.5

Lenovo Thinkpad 11e (NOT yoga Touchscreen)

Asus 15.5

Asus Transformer 32Gb memory!!! (OK, I had to use a flash drive, because of limited disk space. Having said that the update itself was painless – try that on a Microsoft Surface or Surface 2!!!)

Been working on this for over a month now and still can’t get to 1607 from 1511.

I’ve tried the BIOS edits suggested by the Lenovo community – NONE work for me.

I’ve tried the MS community suggestions, using Win Update, Media Creation Tool, creating a bootable flash drive. NONE work for me.

The yoga hangs EVERY time. The best I can get is 91% complete and the wheel goes around and around. I’ve even left it spinning for FIVE days. The system never shutdown and rebooted. I’ve had to manually force shutdown.

At the 91% point, after reboot (this is BEST case scenario) the system reboots – the Win 10 Anniversary screen flashes up then the system reverts to the 1511 build.

I’m guessing some sort of software/driver problem.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?

dave smith

merddynemrys, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Brand New Yoga 11e - Does not boot after a restart command

I just started using my brand new Yoga 11e laptop. Everything was fine until I ran a simple restart command.

My laptop shuts down but then when it powers back up only the thinkpad red light comes up indicating it is starting but nothing comes up on the screen.

Even after waiting for a long while I never get the lenovo symbol on the screen and my screen is just blank.

I need to do a hard turn off everytime and then start my laptop for it to boot normally.

I went through the forums but nothing seems to be working.

Please help!!

Addy Bhagra, Mar 7, 2021
  4. GusÅhr Win User

Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and...

Yoga 11e Laptop~Lenovo

Ok so here's the story I was trying to jail break my laptop since my school closed down and they said I could have it. I searching around ways I could jail break the dang thing and I tried to erase everything off of it & I tried. I had pressed restart and
    held shift and it brought me to a screen and I pressed something so it could reset my laptop well I think I pressed the wrong one. I had pressed the one where it erases files and everything else within it. So I waited & waited and then this messaged popped
    up "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart

I did press those and it popped that up again & again

I'm good with computers but not that good

(Also I was searching the internet & they usually deal with CD's etc. I dont have a CD drive like I said it's from my old school they gave it to me I was trying to jail break it. It's a Yoga 11e laptop~lenovo EDU Series

please help

I also think its a windows 10 idek

GusÅhr, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and...

1. Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and... - Similar Threads - Lenovo Yoga 11e

2. Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down: For the past month or two I have had the issue of my laptop randomly shutting down. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in, not plugged in, streaming, using the internet, or playing a game. It either happens a ton of time within a small period of time or won't occur for hours....
  3. Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down: For the past month or two I have had the issue of my laptop randomly shutting down. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in, not plugged in, streaming, using the internet, or playing a game. It either happens a ton of time within a small period of time or won't occur for hours....
  4. Explorer Not Responding On Restart, Works Fine On Force Shut Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Not Responding On Restart, Works Fine On Force Shut Down: Hello,I have been in the process of upgrading my computer. I have run everything through pcpartpicker to make sure they were compatible and they for sure were. The only thing that I needed to do is update my bios one generation which was easy peasy. I have a Gigabyte B550M...
  5. No signal to screen after restart, shut down/ cold boot works fine

in Windows 10 Customization
    No signal to screen after restart, shut down/ cold boot works fine: Windows 10 ProI didn't open my computer for last 2 weeks it work perfectly.Today when I open my computer it work fine after two hour of work I tried to restart my computer but my computer is not restarting the light did't turn off and suddenly my monitor say no signal coming...
  6. Yoga 11e lenovo thinkpad external drive not reading discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yoga 11e lenovo thinkpad external drive not reading discs: I have tried using different apps/programs and used driver on different computers. It works on other computers and no apps help the issue. I have uninstalled/updated drivers, edited power settings and done everything else I've seen online. Nothing has helped at all. My...
  7. Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with Windows 20H2 build

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with Windows 20H2 build: I thought it worth mentioning that there are a number of suggestions out there to solve microphone issues with the Lenovo Yoga 11e but the fix appears to be something that could be used for other challenges experienced with other laptops with the latest Windows 20H2 build for...
  8. Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build: I thought it worth mentioning that there are a number of suggestions out there to solve microphone issues with the Lenovo Yoga 11e but the fix appears to be something that could be used for other challenges experienced with other laptops with the latest Windows 20H2 build for...
  9. Lenovo Yoga C930 cant shut down when i hit the shut down screen button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Yoga C930 cant shut down when i hit the shut down screen button: On occasion, i have problems shutting down my brand new Lenovo Yoga C930 when i hit the shut down screen button on the bottom left of the windows screen. what is the issue? I have to hard shutdown when that happens....
  10. BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode: I work for an IT department at a company rolling out 150+ of these devices. We've had complaints of BSOD when flipping the laptop around to tablet mode in Windows 10 Pro. 67476