Windows 10: Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build

Discus and support Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I thought it worth mentioning that there are a number of suggestions out there to solve microphone issues with the Lenovo Yoga 11e but the fix appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _ Francis _, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build

I thought it worth mentioning that there are a number of suggestions out there to solve microphone issues with the Lenovo Yoga 11e but the fix appears to be something that could be used for other challenges experienced with other laptops with the latest Windows 20H2 build for it seems to be something that gets raised historically over may discussion channels and something for which Lenovo appear to suggest a diagnostics to help find and resolve the issue. Here is a sample of Lenovo'ssolution here

My son was unable to conduct a Zoom on his home school Web meeting today because the class and teacher could not hear him so he reverted to the chat and as the family home school IT and Teacher support I was able to run a few checks on the WWW but after sifting through various suggestions, some suggesting a full rebuild of windows and we know how tiresome that can be I found some very simple and straightforward advice which has my son's microphone on his Lenovo Yoga 11e now working perfectly if you could see his smile. I also have not stopped smiling because it has saved me time and effort going down rabbit warrens of detailed investigation which would have been both stressful and time consuming.

I therefore want to share with you all in the case this might help someone with similar problems - aka Microphone NOT working on a Windows 10 version 20H2. Here is an insert from the solution found on the Lenovo community and provided by a retired Lenovo employee:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reverting to the Microsoft Built in Driver

Open Device Manager

Under Sound and game controller Right click on the sound adapter and click on update driver

On the prompt of update driver click on Browse my computer for Driver Software

On the next window Click on let me pick from a list of device driver

Now you will have a list of drivers already available in your system,

If your system has a Lenovo Supplied driver plus a Microsoft built in driver, then you should have at least two drivers on the list

If you see a High definition Audio then that should be the Microsoft built in,click that and install it.

:)

_ Francis _, Jan 19, 2021

2. Lenovo Thinkpad yoga 11e will NOT update to Win 10 Anniversary (1611 build)

Attempted Win 10 Anniversary Update on Lenovo Thinkpad yoga 11e FAILED.

Updated without problems:

Lenovo 15.5

Lenovo Thinkpad 11e (NOT yoga Touchscreen)

Asus 15.5

Asus Transformer 32Gb memory!!! (OK, I had to use a flash drive, because of limited disk space. Having said that the update itself was painless – try that on a Microsoft Surface or Surface 2!!!)

Been working on this for over a month now and still can’t get to 1607 from 1511.

I’ve tried the BIOS edits suggested by the Lenovo community – NONE work for me.

I’ve tried the MS community suggestions, using Win Update, Media Creation Tool, creating a bootable flash drive. NONE work for me.

The yoga hangs EVERY time. The best I can get is 91% complete and the wheel goes around and around. I’ve even left it spinning for FIVE days. The system never shutdown and rebooted. I’ve had to manually force shutdown.

At the 91% point, after reboot (this is BEST case scenario) the system reboots – the Win 10 Anniversary screen flashes up then the system reverts to the 1511 build.

I’m guessing some sort of software/driver problem.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?

dave smith

merddynemrys, Jan 19, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Lenovo Gets Back to School with New ThinkPad 11e Laptops

Lenovo today announced at the Bett learning technology event the latest ThinkPad 11e series available as a traditional laptop or Lenovo's innovative YOGA multimode form with its four iconic modes - Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet. Purposely designed to address the needs of school administrators, educators and students in K-12 classrooms, the ThinkPad 11e series with Windows provides the trusted and ruggedized build of Think-branded products paired with upgraded technical specifications such as a more efficient fan blade and latest generation processors. For an enhanced user experience, the ThinkPad 11e series is also available with an optional ActivePen which accurately mimics a user's actual handwriting on paper.

ActivePen delivers the familiarity and simplicity of using pen and paper into a digital environment. Improved pen accuracy and pressure sensitivity results in a more natural feel and buttons allow for easy access to frequently used functions. In addition to Intel's pre-loaded Education Software, which offers tools and applications tailored for a better 21st century learning experience, the ThinkPad 11e series now comes with Lenovo WRITEit and REACHit software, improving collaboration and productivity for students and educators. This powerful combination of innovative hardware and software will make taking notes, sending homework assignments and conducting group projects easier for students and teachers, equating to a more productive learning experience inside and outside the classroom.

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build 120a_thm.jpg

It's a known fact that students drop their laptops, throw them around in their backpacks and spill all kinds of liquids onto them. Luckily, ThinkPad laptops are known for being torture tested and the ThinkPad 11e is no different. Meeting MilSpec standards with eleven testing methods and nineteen procedures including standing up to increased sand and dust, extreme temperature variations, humidity and mechanical shock, the latest ThinkPad 11e series is designed with the rigors of daily classroom activity in mind.

The updated ThinkPad YOGA 11e and ThinkPad 11e can virtually double overall performance with up to 5th Generation Intel Core processors made specifically for thin and lightweight devices. ThinkPad 11e will also be offered with AMD processors. At under an inch thin and starting at just 3.3 pounds, the ThinkPad 11e series is ideal for on-the-go use from classroom to classroom and provides fast boot up times, allowing students to quickly power up without delaying the beginning of class. The HD display provides added benefit for crystal clear computing in an 11.6-inch ultra-portable frame. The ThinkPad YOGA 11e also features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 to protect heavy use of the 10-point multi-touch screen.

Customizable options are available to meet the unique needs of education institutions, offering optional asset tagging, BIOS modifications, laser engraving and custom imaging. Furthermore, LanSchool classroom monitoring software solution from Stoneware gives teachers the ability to use thumbnail views to track what their students are doing, blank their screens to get their attention, or even share something to every monitor, demonstrate important skills, or even take a quick vote.

"We are constantly innovating our products for the education space to deliver the most long-lasting and trusted solutions possible," said Alain Raison, Executive Director Enterprise PC Products, Lenovo EMEA. "The innovations featured in our latest ThinkPad 11e laptops - like the ActivePen technology and WRITEit software - offer a more natural device interaction in the classroom and increases the value of the solution by enhancing its productivity and end-user experience."

Pricing and Availability
    The ThinkPad 11e series of devices will be available in EMEA starting from April. Pricing for the ThinkPad 11e and ThinkPad YOGA 11e models starts at €349 and €539, respectively (VAT excluded).

btarunr, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Chino Win User

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build

Lenovo Reveals the Yoga 730 and Yoga 530 2-in-1 Laptops with Alexa Support

At MWC this year, Lenovo announced two new additions to their Yoga line of laptops. The Yoga 730 comes in 13-inch and 15-inch models while the Yoga 530 is only available in the 14-inch flavor. They feature up to Intel's latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with the Yoga 730 having the option of coming with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete graphics card. Apart from conventional input methods, consumers can also interact with the Yoga 730 through voice since it comes with built-in Alexa support. The integrated far-field microphone allows Alexa and Cortana to listen and respond to the user with relative ease.

The Yoga 730 is equipped with a UHD IPS touchscreen display while the Yoga 530 is fitted with a FHD IPS touchscreen. Lenovo is also offering the optional Active Pen 2 with up to 4096 levels of sensitivity for those users who love to write, draw, or jot down notes on their laptops. The new Yoga laptops are thinner and lighter than ever too. The 15-inch Yoga 730 comes in at 1.89 kg and the 13-inch model at 1.12 kg. The 14-inch Yoga 530 weighs 1.6 kg. The 13-inch Yoga 730 with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €999 (VAT included) and the 15-inch model with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €1,099 (VAT included). The 14-inch Yoga 530 costs around €549 (VAT included). All three models should be available soon on www.lenovo.com and select retailers.

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build l2KOmPWZAW0p9o7k_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build bOvyNKhVGPsC4uz3_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build Xox6PEJxH83eAnn9_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga 730 13-inch model specifications
    • 13.3 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Up to 8th-gen Intel Core i7
    • Intel HD graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 11.5 hours battery life (FHD or 4K display)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-A port
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 12.1" x 8.5" x 0.6"
    • 2.5 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 730 15-inch model specifications
    • 15.6 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics
    • 8GB/16GB RAM options (8GB DDR4 + 8GB DIMM)
    • 256GB/512GB/1TB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 9 hours of battery life (4K) or 11 hours of battery life (FHD)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 1 Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C port
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 14.2" x 9,8" x 0.7"
    • 4.2 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 530 specifications
    • 14 inch display (1366 x 768 touchscreen or 1920 x 1080 IPS touchscreen)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 10 hours battery life
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-C port
    • SD card reader
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio
    • 12.9" x 9" x 0.7"
    • 3.5 pounds

Chino, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build

1. Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with latest Windows 20H2 build - Similar Threads - Lenovo Yoga 11e

2. Lenovo yoga camera not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo yoga camera not working: My camera will not turn on, i tried every troubleshoot i can find but my screen is just gray with a camera and a slash through it when i try to use it, im talking about the built in lenovo yoga camera...
  3. Lenovo yoga camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo yoga camera not working: My camera will not turn on, i tried every troubleshoot i can find but my screen is just gray with a camera and a slash through it when i try to use it, im talking about the built in lenovo yoga camera...
  4. Camera not working on Lenovo Yoga

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working on Lenovo Yoga: Hi, My PC camera stopped working and when I check the device manager it says the device is working properly. I can open up the camera app, the camera led flashes quickly but cannot take or show an image. It also doesn't work on zoom. I've updated the device driver, without...
  5. Lenovo Yoga 3 and Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Yoga 3 and Windows 10 20H2: Dear Folks, sorry if this has already been solved on another post, but my Lenovo will not work properly anymore no touch screen, no SD card, no USBs, certainly because of Windows 10 20H2I had been refusing and/or reversing the update for months, but now I am stuck with a June...
  6. Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Yoga 11e Freezes On Logo After Restart But Works Fine When Manually Shut Down and...: Hi Microsoft Support, A friend of mine asked me to reset/reformat her laptop using a bootable flash drive. I ran into some problems at first when restarting from fresh installation but I was able to reformat it after few tries of booting it up from a bootable flash drive...
  7. Yoga 11e lenovo thinkpad external drive not reading discs

Yoga 11e lenovo thinkpad external drive not reading discs: I have tried using different apps/programs and used driver on different computers. It works on other computers and no apps help the issue. I have uninstalled/updated drivers, edited power settings and done everything else I've seen online. Nothing has helped at all. My...
  8. Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with Windows 20H2 build

Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with Windows 20H2 build: I thought it worth mentioning that there are a number of suggestions out there to solve microphone issues with the Lenovo Yoga 11e but the fix appears to be something that could be used for other challenges experienced with other laptops with the latest Windows 20H2 build for...
  9. lenovo yoga fingerprint not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lenovo yoga fingerprint not working: I was using my fingerprint to log in. Now it says due to a setting change I can't use this option. Can't find where to fix this. I don't want to change it, which is the option I found, I want to enable it again....
  10. BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode: I work for an IT department at a company rolling out 150+ of these devices. We've had complaints of BSOD when flipping the laptop around to tablet mode in Windows 10 Pro. 67476