Windows 10: Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen not working with last batch of Windows 10 updates starting...

Discus and support Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen not working with last batch of Windows 10 updates starting... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop's touch screen is no longer working with the latest batch of Windows 10 updates including 2004 update. I know this because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Twumpers, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Twumpers Win User

Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen not working with last batch of Windows 10 updates starting...

My Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop's touch screen is no longer working with the latest batch of Windows 10 updates including 2004 update. I know this because the touch screen was working fine right up until I installed these updates in early July. Now, because it's been more than 10 days, some of these updates can't be rolled back.

One of the biggest reasons why I purchased this laptop was for it's high-sensitivity touch screen display. Unfortunately, the last batch of Windows 10 updates have completely broken touch screen functionality, this will have been the third laptop broken due to Windows Updates the first two was a Dell & Thinkpad that both got BSOD.

The Wacom Device driver description says:

"This device cannot start. Code 10
    A request for the HID descriptor failed."

The laptop's "About" system settings doesn't even recognize that the display is touch screen, saying:

"Pen and touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display"

All touchscreen device drivers in the Device Manager say:

"HID-compliant vendor-defined device", instead of their specific device driver type.

I've already updated to the latest Wacom, & Lenovo drivers, so wondering when a fix for this will be available from Windows?

Tired of spending thousands of dollars on hardware only for it to break with a single untested update.

:)

Twumpers, Jul 19, 2020
  2. DeltaSoto Win User

Lenovo Yoga 720 15IKB - Touchscreen Nonfunctional - Windows Updates

Greetings, y'all!

On 3/14/2020, I had two updates that were installed on my Lenovo Yoga 720 15IKB laptop:

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (hereafter "U1")
    • 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4551762) (hereafter "U2")

After installation of updates U1 and U2 and subsequent restart, touchscreen functionality was completely disabled.

I attempted the following methods of repair:

Update rollback:

• Rolled back update U1: Unsuccessful
    • Rolled back update U2: Unsuccessful

Device Manager:

• Disabled and re-enabled device, "Human Interface Devices/HID-compliant touch screen": Unsuccessful
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, "Human Interface Devices/HID-compliant touch screen": Unsuccessful

Boot:

• Started in Safe Mode: Unsuccessful

If anyone could provide additional suggestions/assistance, that would be greatly appreciated!

DeltaSoto, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Lenovo yoga 720 15: finger touch function

The finger touch function stopped working on
    my Lenovo Yoga 720 15 ibk. But when I have active pen working, it works fine. To get ahead of, I updated drivers and Windows

RahmanFord, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen not working with last batch of Windows 10 updates starting...

Touch screen not working on Windows 10

My Yoga 13 touch screen doesn't work either after latest update. Was working on August 29th. System info shows it has no pen or touch screen device.

behrwithme, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen not working with last batch of Windows 10 updates starting...

1. Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen not working with last batch of Windows 10 updates starting... - Similar Threads - Lenovo Yoga 720

2. Yoga 720-12IKB Laptop touch-screen not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yoga 720-12IKB Laptop touch-screen not working?: As the title says, my touch-screen isn't working. I've updated all of my drivers, disabled and enabled & reinstalled my HID touchscreen driver, fiddled around with all my settings, tried to calibrate my screen as well the screen did not detect my touch input, and my windows...
  3. Yoga 720-12IKB Laptop touch-screen not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yoga 720-12IKB Laptop touch-screen not working?: As the title says, my touch-screen isn't working. I've updated all of my drivers, disabled and enabled & reinstalled my HID touchscreen driver, fiddled around with all my settings, tried to calibrate my screen as well the screen did not detect my touch input, and my windows...
  4. Yoga 720-12IKB Laptop touch-screen not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. lenovo yoga 720-15, touch screen not working in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lenovo yoga 720-15, touch screen not working in tablet mode: touch screen doesn't work in tablet mode...help tnks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-720-15-touch-screen-not-working-in/bdac6436-85af-4996-9a43-d278c6c30c27
  6. Yoga 720-13ikb - no HID compliant Touch screen

Yoga 720-13ikb - no HID compliant Touch screen: We have issue with 3 x Yoga 720-13ikb out of box. No HID compliant touch screen visible under device manager and therefore no touch working. Did a factory reset without change. Installed windows stand alone copy, same issue. Did I read somethgin about usign older BIOS? How do...
  7. Lenovo yoga 720 15: finger touch function

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo yoga 720 15: finger touch function: The finger touch function stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 720 15 ibk. But when I have active pen working, it works fine. To get ahead of, I updated drivers and Windows...
  8. Lenovo Yoga 720 v. Windows Creators Update

Lenovo Yoga 720 v. Windows Creators Update: LENOVO has completely disregarded that the Windows Creators Update disables the WACOM DEVICE; apparently the device for the touch screen and related apps. I'm hoping the Microsoft Community will come up with some solutions; the best I've heard is there's no patch in the...
  9. Touch screen Lenovo yoga

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touch screen Lenovo yoga: Can anyone help me pleeaaaasssee….when I start up my Lenovo yoga it asks me for my pin password etc but no keyboard appears on screen meaning I have to revert to the normal keyboard.... Trivial I know but soooooo annoying Any suggestions????...
  10. Lenovo Yoga 720 auto rotation not working

Lenovo Yoga 720 auto rotation not working: Hi The auto rotation feature in my laptop has stopped working. How can i fix it? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/lenovo-yoga-720-auto-rotation-not-working/0c3e0a3c-22e5-498a-934f-7876385b9a03

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo toga 720 touch screen driver

2. lenovo yoga 720-15ikb wacom device A request for the HID descriptor failed

3. lenovo yoga 720 touchscreen not working

4. lenovo yoga 720-15ikb touchscreen driver