Windows 10: Lenovo Yoga 920 / Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a -- slow wifi

Discus and support Lenovo Yoga 920 / Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a -- slow wifi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I just picked up a Yoga 920 (model 13IKB) which has a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a wifi card. I'm having speed issues. On the same network as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krib, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Krib Win User

Lenovo Yoga 920 / Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a -- slow wifi

Hi all. I just picked up a Yoga 920 (model 13IKB) which has a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a wifi card. I'm having speed issues. On the same network as three other wireless devices, it gets a fraction of the available connection -- and what I get degrades over time.

I'm running Win10 build 1703 because 1709 was worse.

Things I've tried:

• Replaced the machine to rule out a bad card or a wonky Windows install
    • Reinstalled latest drivers (12.0.0.318) -- even tried some Thinkpad drivers that were newer for the same card
    • Set Roaming Aggressiveness in the driver properties to both 1 (lowest) and 5 (highest)
    • Used a wifi analyzer to check the best 5 GHz channel for my apartment
    • Disabled 2.4GHz entirely on my router, along with 802:11a
    • Disabled WMM on my router, along with WMM Power Saving; the laptop could then not connect
    • Verified the issue on two other home networks
    • Called my ISP and had them check the health of my router -- it's at 100% health and serves up 150-180 Mbps quite happily to other devices
    • Set my Atheros card to run on high performance in the power plan options
    • Pinged a bunch of stuff -- no dropped packets
    • Network Reset -- this gets it up to maybe 70% of the connection most of the time, but then the connection degrades again. I have to do it repeatedly
    I'm pretty much at the limit of my ability to diagnose, as I sit here at 3 Mbps on a connection that my fully updated Windows desktop (ethernet unplugged) pulls down at 180. Lenovo support is obviously useless and nobody on their boards knows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Are these cards just weak or is this drivers / Windows? Thanks!

:)

2. Obladi Win User

Slow wifi speed after windows 10 November update

I have the same problem, Lenovo Yoga 710 and Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter.

My ISP is NextLight - provides 1Gb speed (works with all other devices except Yoga).

Running Ookla speedtest, getting speeds of 10-50 Mbps with Yoga (Wireless)

Running Ookla speedtes, getting speeds of 400-600 Mbps with Macbook Air (wireless)

Tried downloading and reinstalling device driver - windows rejects saying "best driver already installed".

Obladi, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 driver issue in Windows 10

Hi ,

I got a brand new Lenovo Yoga, which has the same QC Atheros QCA61x4a wireless network adapter with 12.0.0.278 version for driver.

The wifi connection drops very frequently and very slow, while my other devices on the same network works super fine.

Did you get any solution for this issue ?

Regards,

Pavan

Pavankrish, Nov 24, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Hi Krib,

Not sure why your Yoga 920 is acting up but if you've got Lenovo Companion you could open it and click System Update to see if there are any drivers for the Wi-Fi card. I'm running a 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga and have no Wi-Fi issues. The laptop is running Windows 10 Pro. with the Fall Creator Update (1709).

Anyway see if there are any drivers for that laptop and go from there.

sygnus21, Nov 24, 2017
  5. Krib Win User
    Lenovo Companion shows no updates. I did update the BIOS, first day with the machine. Every driver is up to date and it's a clean system. Thanks.

6. sygnus21 Win User
    Is your Router's network band 5GHz or 2.4GHz? Both?

If it's 5gig, make sure the laptop is using the 5gig band. To check this go to Settings; Network & Internet; click the Wi-Fi link in the left pane, and click Hardware properties. Network band should say 5 GHz (provided your router has a 5gig band). If your router does, yet you show 2.4 GHz, you'll need to connect to it's 5 band side. You'll need to follow the router's instructions for this.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Nov 24, 2017
  7. Krib Win User
    My router is dual band -- I have two networks, different SSIDs. I have a 2.4G network, I just don't connect to it.

But to answer your question, I am connected to 5G and have been for all these tests (other networks too).

*edit* It's this router:
    Time Warner Telephone Modem 2016 Arris TG1672g Modem

8. sygnus21 Win User

Yeah, at this point in time I can't think of anything else to do. Question though - If you connect to say a public network, does the Wi-Fi get better? If so, the Wi-Fi card might be good and the issue somewhere else.

sygnus21, Nov 24, 2017
  9. cmnetworx Win User
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, I ran into some serious wifi issues on a lenovo yoga 920 with the quallcomm wifi card as well. The laptop ran excellent on the wifi and eventually dropped from 60mb downloads to about 2 or less.

I found that it was the quallcom driver update that windows 10 installed, The version I had issues with had a date of 2017, while the driver I rolled back to was dated in 2016. The 2016 driver works great and the speeds are back up to 50-60mbps.

So if you are having wifi performance issues on that adapter it's a possibility rolling back that driver may fix it.

cmnetworx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lenovo Yoga 920 / Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a -- slow wifi - Similar Threads - Lenovo Yoga 920

2. qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless adapter no worky

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless adapter no worky: now what https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qualcomm-atheros-qca61x4a-wireless-adapter-no/e0e61278-1c0b-41fd-98e3-d0a2b81d70bc
  3. qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless adapter no worky

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless adapter no worky: now what https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qualcomm-atheros-qca61x4a-wireless-adapter-no/e0e61278-1c0b-41fd-98e3-d0a2b81d70bc
  4. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A bluetooth stopped working: Hey, I have been using bluetooth for a long time and then yesterday suddenly, it stopped working. I now can't see the option to turn on/off the bluetooth. I even no longer can see it in the device manager so I don't know how to unistall the drivers, and even when I do...
  5. Qualcomm atheros qca61x4a driver issues

Qualcomm atheros qca61x4a driver issues: My qualcomm atheros qca61x4a is no longer working. How do I fix the issue? Is there a drive or chip replacement I could use? What information about my computer do you need to find out which one will work?...
  6. qualcomm atheros QCA61x4A issues

qualcomm atheros QCA61x4A issues: Hello, Recently, my laptop has been having a lot of trouble with its Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter. The wifi connectivity is very spotty (it isn't my router's doing because this has only started happening just this month), and the driver will often...
  7. Lenovo Yoga 920

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo Yoga 920: I've had my Yoga 920 for about 7 months. For some reason about 2 weeks ago my finger print scanner stopped scanning. As well, when I tried to restore it, Windows Hello blocked the option from me. How can this be resolved?...
  8. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter: My network adapter does not show up and I need to restart PC at least 10 times before it shows up so that I can connect to wireless network. How can I solve this problem?...
  9. Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a not working

Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a not working: Hello, I've come to the conclusion that this driver is helpless. My problem that's been currently happening for the past 6 months is the fact that whenever I play time consuming games with big player queue's for example, rust. Disconnecting then having to wait 4 hours to get...
  10. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A problem

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A problem: Good afternoon tenforums. I bought a new laptop this month, which has the Qualcomm wifi card inside. Sometimes it works for a long period of time and others it will not last 5 minutes. The wifi essentially drops and turns to limited connectivity and requires a troubleshoot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo yoga 920 qualcomm qca61x4a driver download

2. lenovo qualcomm atheros

3. lenovo qualcomm atheros qca61x4a driver

4. yoga710 atheos wifi issues,
  5. lenovo yoga 920 wireless issues,
  6. qca61x4a driver lenovo,
  7. qualcomm qca61x4a slow download speed,
  8. how to fix slow wifi lenovo yoga 920,
  9. qualcomm qca61x4a slow,
  10. qualcomm atheros qca61x4a lenovo fix,
  11. qca61x4a driver slow,