Windows 10: Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems

Discus and support Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently ran into a problem with my Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL Laptop. My speakers on the laptop will be at max volume 100 and the volume would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by astro-nerd, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems

Hello,

I recently ran into a problem with my Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL Laptop. My speakers on the laptop will be at max volume 100 and the volume would sound very faint at 50% I can barely hear it. Watching any music or videos on it is difficult because I can barely hear anything unless I am at max volume.

I first noticed this problem when the audio coming out of the speakers noticeably dropped in volume without me changing anything. I attempted to fix it by changing the sample rate and bit depth in the Realtek Audio Console app to 16 from 24 which fixed it for about a day or so, but them problem returned.

Some things I have already tried from the Windows Support Forum for Audio Issues:

1. Checked my speaker output did not change
    2. Ran multiple troubleshooters did not find any problems
    3. Updated latest Windows updates did not change
    4. Updated latest Lenovo updates via Lenovo Vantage app did not change
    5. Have checked all sound settings and made sure they were working
    6. Reinstalled audio drivers and updated them via the Device Manager did not change
    7. Restarted Audio services did not change

I have restarted my computer multiple times but the problem still persists. If anyone has had the same issue and has figured out a solution please let me know. Something that I have noticed is that while I am playing audio at max volume, the audio mixer which shows the little green sound bar barely goes over the halfway mark even though it is at max volume. I have posted this to the official Lenovo forums, but have yet to get a reply. I don't know if this is a Windows problem or a problem with my laptop.

:)

astro-nerd, Jun 10, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Lenovo C940 BSODs While in Modern Standby

This fingerprint driver was displayed on the Lenovo website:
    laptops and netbooks :: yoga series :: yoga c940 14iil :: 81q9 :: 81q9001cuk :: pf1xzs0c - US

Did you system restore, clean install or reset save files or reset remove files, or custom install?

Run the Lenovo operating system and hardware diagnostics (custom scan):
    laptops and netbooks :: yoga series :: yoga c940 14iil :: 81q9 :: 81q9001cuk :: pf1xzs0c Lenovo PC Support - US

For computer sleep problems consider opening a new thread: Performance & Maintenance - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Jun 10, 2020
  3. mike302 Win User
    Lenovo C940 BSODs While in Modern Standby

That's the fingerprint driver I installed - - from Lenovo website.

Clean installed, both times.

Lenovo hardware and os diagnostics scans for webcam and fingerprint reader failed because they couldn't access either of those pieces of hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

My other threads, outside the BSOD forum, were deleted with no reason given... Maybe someone thought they were pointless duplicates of this thread???

mike302, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Chino Win User

Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems

Lenovo Reveals the Yoga 730 and Yoga 530 2-in-1 Laptops with Alexa Support

At MWC this year, Lenovo announced two new additions to their Yoga line of laptops. The Yoga 730 comes in 13-inch and 15-inch models while the Yoga 530 is only available in the 14-inch flavor. They feature up to Intel's latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with the Yoga 730 having the option of coming with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete graphics card. Apart from conventional input methods, consumers can also interact with the Yoga 730 through voice since it comes with built-in Alexa support. The integrated far-field microphone allows Alexa and Cortana to listen and respond to the user with relative ease.

The Yoga 730 is equipped with a UHD IPS touchscreen display while the Yoga 530 is fitted with a FHD IPS touchscreen. Lenovo is also offering the optional Active Pen 2 with up to 4096 levels of sensitivity for those users who love to write, draw, or jot down notes on their laptops. The new Yoga laptops are thinner and lighter than ever too. The 15-inch Yoga 730 comes in at 1.89 kg and the 13-inch model at 1.12 kg. The 14-inch Yoga 530 weighs 1.6 kg. The 13-inch Yoga 730 with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €999 (VAT included) and the 15-inch model with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €1,099 (VAT included). The 14-inch Yoga 530 costs around €549 (VAT included). All three models should be available soon on www.lenovo.com and select retailers.

Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems l2KOmPWZAW0p9o7k_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems bOvyNKhVGPsC4uz3_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems Xox6PEJxH83eAnn9_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga 730 13-inch model specifications
    • 13.3 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Up to 8th-gen Intel Core i7
    • Intel HD graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 11.5 hours battery life (FHD or 4K display)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-A port
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 12.1" x 8.5" x 0.6"
    • 2.5 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 730 15-inch model specifications
    • 15.6 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics
    • 8GB/16GB RAM options (8GB DDR4 + 8GB DIMM)
    • 256GB/512GB/1TB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 9 hours of battery life (4K) or 11 hours of battery life (FHD)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 1 Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C port
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 14.2" x 9,8" x 0.7"
    • 4.2 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 530 specifications
    • 14 inch display (1366 x 768 touchscreen or 1920 x 1080 IPS touchscreen)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 10 hours battery life
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-C port
    • SD card reader
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio
    • 12.9" x 9" x 0.7"
    • 3.5 pounds

Chino, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems

1. Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems - Similar Threads - Lenovo Yoga C940

2. Charging problem in lenovo Yoga slim 6i

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charging problem in lenovo Yoga slim 6i: My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It works perfectly and charges fine but when i shutdown the laptop, it does not charge not even a single percent...
  3. My integrated camera just stopped working on Lenovo Yoga C940.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My integrated camera just stopped working on Lenovo Yoga C940.: I have been trying for two days to fix this issue, and have tried all troubleshooting options offered by Microsoft, Lenovo, and solutions recommended online. I have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and I even reset my computer back to default...
  4. My integrated camera just stopped working on Lenovo Yoga C940.

My integrated camera just stopped working on Lenovo Yoga C940.: I have been trying for two days to fix this issue, and have tried all troubleshooting options offered by Microsoft, Lenovo, and solutions recommended online. I have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and I even reset my computer back to default...
  5. My Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL keeps randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL keeps randomly crashing: Since about a day after I downloaded the new Windows 11 update, my computer has been blue screen crashing and restarting. typically these crashes happen before I can even enter my passcode, but sometimes they can happen up to 15 minutes after logging in. These happenings are...
  6. My Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL keeps randomly crashing

My Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL keeps randomly crashing: Since about a day after I downloaded the new Windows 11 update, my computer has been blue screen crashing and restarting. typically these crashes happen before I can even enter my passcode, but sometimes they can happen up to 15 minutes after logging in. These happenings are...
  7. Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11: When will my device get the windows 11 update in my settings? I don't want to update my computer prematurely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-c940-15irh-update-to-windows-11/98aa60f6-6d6b-4603-8716-2eb0d878add0
  8. Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11

Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11: When will my device get the windows 11 update in my settings? I don't want to update my computer prematurely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-c940-15irh-update-to-windows-11/98aa60f6-6d6b-4603-8716-2eb0d878add0
  9. Lenovo C940 Fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo C940 Fingerprint reader: Hello, I have a new Lenovo Yoga. This is strange however, my fingerprint reader only works consistently when I am at my corporate office. When I take the laptop to my home office, it always has a problem recognizing my index finger signing in with windows hello feature? Any...
  10. BSOD everytime Lenovo Yoga C940 tries to update to Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD everytime Lenovo Yoga C940 tries to update to Windows 20H2: I have a lenovo C940 and it seems to crash doing the Windows 20H2 update. I suspended updates for the allowed 3 months. However, now the system tries to do an update almost every night and crashes with BSOD. The dump files are here:...