Windows 10: Lenovo Z51 lid opening

Discus and support Lenovo Z51 lid opening in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello ! I`m having problems with the lid of my laptop. So what happens is that during the day when the laptop is in my bag or luggage during flights,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by יאירשמר, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Lenovo Z51 lid opening

Hello !

I`m having problems with the lid of my laptop.

So what happens is that during the day when the laptop is in my bag or luggage during flights, the lid slightly opens and close. Apparently this is enough for the system to start and load. It causes a complete battery lose in a very short time.

What I thought to be a solution is to ask my laptop to do nothing when the lid opens, just wait for a power button push.

I have been trying to solve this through the battery settings of the system but it seems like nothing works.

So for example in the advanced settings, there is power button lid, and when I ask it to do nothing it still turns on when I slightly open the lid.

I have windows 10.

Any suggestions??

Yair

:)

יאירשמר, Jan 15, 2019
  2. VrushabhJambhulkar, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Cannot adjust brightness on Lenovo Z51 as of 4/2/16

Just read the other post from 3/30/16 regarding the brightness adjustment not working on Lenovo Z51. I just tried the two recommended fixes and the problem has not been corrected. Under the second suggested fix, I did not have the "Microsoft Basic Adapter"
    option available. Would appreciate help in resolving this issue. Have restarted the computer twice since trying both fixes.

JulieE1600, Jan 15, 2019
  4. himendra Win User

Lenovo Z51 lid opening

Lenovo z51 laptop graphics card dead

Namaste hello guys

can anybody throw some light on this?

i have a lenovo z51 i5 laptop....its AMD graphics card has stopped working. Lenovo service people told me that the card is beyond repair and to make things right again they need to replace the entire motherboard along with the broken AMD graphics card....they told me that the graphics card alone cannot be replaced??? of course i have never seen or heard this before...always thought that one can simply replace a graphics card.

thank you in advance

himendra, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo Z51 lid opening

1. Lenovo Z51 lid opening - Similar Threads - Lenovo Z51 lid

2. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  3. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  4. Lid Open Inaction

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lid Open Inaction: Hi, My new laptop HP ENVYx360 Convertible 15 is running on Windows 10 and it does not automatically turn on when I'm opening the lid. The settings of the lid open action are "Turn on the display" but it still does not turn on when I'm opening the lid. However, it turns off...
  5. Lid Open Action

Lid Open Action: Hi! My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it automatically turns on when I'm opening the lid. I've tried setting the lid open action to "Do nothing" but it still turns on when I'm opening the lid. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!...
  6. lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open

lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open: lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open . I t is new lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-windows-turn-on-automatically-when-lid-is/7b4b3710-59f9-49b8-b7c5-4b27a57c07cd
  7. Laptop Opening lid function

Laptop Opening lid function: Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button. Thank you...
  8. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  9. MIDI Keyboard - Connecting Casio Keyboard to Lenovo Z51 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIDI Keyboard - Connecting Casio Keyboard to Lenovo Z51 Laptop: Hey guys! *Biggrin I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable. I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff. *Huh I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been...
  10. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...