Windows 10: Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

Discus and support Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 on my laptop but I'm having some problems. My laptop is an old Lenovo Z580 i7. Initially it had Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gnottino90, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

Hello,
    I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 on my laptop but I'm having some problems.
    My laptop is an old Lenovo Z580 i7. Initially it had Windows 8 but then I somehow managed to clean install Windows 10 on it.
    I said somehow because I'm trying to do the same right now, but I can't manage to do it!
    The problem is I can't find any way to boot from USB to access to the Windows 10 installer. It's a well known problem with Lenovo Z580 that many people had. When I clean installed a couple of years ago I managed to boot it from the USB, but I tried so many things now and I can't do it!
    I tried clicking the Lenovo button (which is how it's supposed to work) but nothing happens. I tried to access the BIOS but it doesn't let me go on it, whatever button I press on boot. I tried to reboot from Windows 10 going on Settings -> Recovery, still I can't get to boot via USB.

Does anyone have a suggestion about what to do?

Thank you.

:)

Gnottino90, Jan 22, 2018
  2. jr283 Win User

secure boot

Hi can anyone tell me how to boot from usb first on my lenovo Miix 310 101cr idea pad I have tried through advanced recovery options which when in bios I can't see any boot order secure boot is on? Would this stop me from accessing the boot order?

jr283, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Spharmon Win User
    Unmountable Boot Volume Error

My Lenovo laptop will not boot. Every time I turn it on, it shows the Lenovo logo with the spinning circle of dots underneath it, but after about thirty seconds, it takes me to a BDOS screen with the error Unmountable Boot Volume. Every solution I've seen
    for this says to reinstall Windows 10 using a flash drive or dvd. I have a bootable flash drive with Windows 10 on it, however I cannot access the BIOS to tell my laptop to boot from USB instead. No matter what I do, I can't get to the BIOS screen. I've tried
    pushing every function key (with and without shift and/or the fn key). I don't have a novo button.

Any help on how to access BIOS? Or should I just buy a new laptop?

Edit: it is a Lenovo Flex 2 (15 inch)

Spharmon, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

Hi Gnottino90

If you can get into Windows then you should be able to use the Advance Startup Options to get to BIOS, if it is UEFI

Hold shift key down and click restart. That should get the process started.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Not sure how you made your USB key. I highly recommend using the Media Creation tool from MS. It will format USB correctly for UEFI boot, Fat 32.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 23, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    You can do it without even booting from a flash drive using a little known trick as shown here first afaik by user @Kari.

Shrink C drive partition by about 5 GB.

Create new partition in unallocated space and assign drive letter eg D

Download iso to D.

Mount iso as a drive, and run setup.exe from the sources directory - not setup.exe in root of mounted drive.

cereberus, Jan 24, 2018
  6. Kari Win User
    Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

1. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS - Similar Threads - Lenovo Z580 can't

2. Unable to Boot PC from USB and Can't Enable USB in BIOS Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot PC from USB and Can't Enable USB in BIOS Settings: Hello, thanks to the community here over the past few days, I've made it to the point of creating a bootable USB on my Mac.But, now my PC is not recognizing the USB drive, and I'm pretty sure my USB was formatted correctly. I think I just need help in the final stage and be...
  3. Windows 10 Compatibility for Lenovo Z580?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Compatibility for Lenovo Z580?: Windows 10 Compatibility for Lenovo Z580? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. My Lenovo Z580 came with OEM installed Win 7 and intel processor. As Microsoft stopped Win 7 updates, I am thinking of getting to win 10 I am hearing...
  4. Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS: Basically, after a failed overclock due to my stupidity unstable overclock due to low voltage has led me to an infinite boot loop, when I start my computer up, it freezes on an automatic repair screen, bios is inaccesible during it, even when it doesn't freeze. Also, when...
  5. Lenovo Z580 Fan issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Z580 Fan issue: hello, I have a Lenovo Z580 Laptop and I have installed Windows 10 on it. its been a long time since I have been using windows 10 now but that the processor fan wouldn't stop for a bit. It continuously keeps on spinning at fast speeds. I have all the latest windows updates...
  6. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  7. Can access bios but can't boot windows

Can access bios but can't boot windows: My computer keeps freezing either with the windows logo and 3 dots or the motherboard brand and two to three dots. I have a 1tb HDD that's 4 years old. An ASRock motherboard, an i-7 6700k, and 16gb of DDR4-2400 memory. The HDD has a copy of windows 10 on it but will not boot....
  8. Lenovo Z580 with Win10 randomly freezes

Lenovo Z580 with Win10 randomly freezes: Hi, I have a laptop Lenovo z580 with Windows 10. Some weeks ago I started having this problem: when I'm using it, the screen completely freezes and I can't do anything (the screen is on, the keyboard lights keep working, but if I press any key or if I move the mouse nothing...
  9. Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS: Hello. I am not a huge computer tech guy here but can understand basic functions of a PC. I have a PC I bought off of someone, it's fairly new, 5 months old. Has windows 10 installed and want to put a clean install of OS in it. I do not have the windows CD but it is a legit...
  10. Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD: Hi My problem is that I can't access UEFI Firmware settings or Boot from USB/DVD in the Advanced startup. They are missing. What can I do? I want to go back to windows 8.1 (Don't have windows.old folder), but it gives me an error when I install it when windows is running....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot access bios on a lenovo z580 laptop

2. how to gain access to Levovo Z580 BOOT MANAGER

3. Lenovo z580 startup very slow