Windows 10: Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity

Discus and support Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After upgrading my laptop from Windows 8.1 to 10 last week. My laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 mins of inactivity. Yes, it's sleep, not just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davidvoyage, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity

After upgrading my laptop from Windows 8.1 to 10 last week. My laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 mins of inactivity. Yes, it's sleep, not just turning the monitor off.

I already set my power management setting to "never" turn off screen or sleep.

If I encountered this issue, I need to restart my laptop and the problem is immediately gone...(but may come back after couple of hours).

I also did a clean install of windows 10 and this time without installing antivirus (just using the default windows defender) but unfortunately, I still encountered this issue.

Please advise
    Thanks

:)

davidvoyage, Sep 14, 2015
  2. gmopro Win User

Power settings Ignored - Lenovo Yoga 700 never goes to sleep mode.

So in the past, my Lenovo Yoga 700 pc would always go to sleep mode after 1 minute of inactivity. That was an issue.

My settings are 5 minutes to turn off screen and then 30 minutes of inactivity to go to sleep mode.

Now it never goes to sleep mode after hours of inactivity. So energy is wasted because my keyboard should turn off when i am away a long time. This really needs to be addressed. Issue has bugged me for almost a year now..with no resolution.

gmopro, Sep 14, 2015
  3. EdithNash Win User
    PC going to sleep after 2 minutes no matter what the power setting are.

I have a Toshiba Satellite S75 laptop running Windows 10. It has a 2.60GHz CPU, 8Gb Ram and a 700 Gb hard drive. Recently my PC has started going to sleep after 2 minutes no matter what the setting are. I am using the Balanced power plan. The laptop
    is plugged in and those setting are set as follows: a) turn screen off - 3 hours; b) put computer to sleep 4 hours. I checked advanced power settings and found the following: 1) turn hard disk off after - 300 minutes; 2) sleep after 240 minutes; 3) Allow
    hybred sleep is off; 4) hibernate after - 300 minutes and 5) turn off display after 180 minutes. Again all of these setting are for when the computer is plugged in.

The screen saver is set to start after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Any suggestions on how to get it to quite going to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity? Thanks.

EdithNash, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity

Mark Phelps, Sep 15, 2015
  5. My model is new and it's compatible.

I just check around the forum and it seems multiple people have similar issues.... :/

davidvoyage, Sep 15, 2015
  6. Dear I am also facing same problem. did you find solution? I have two times my windows 10 reinstalled. but same problem what should i do?

Prince1983, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity

1. Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity - Similar Threads - Lenovo Z710 Laptop

2. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  3. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  4. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  5. my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity: screen is only set to turn off after 3 hours and the rest are disabled (Dynamic Lock, screen savers and power setting options) submitted by /u/koorio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkrigd/my_win10_locks_to_sign_in_screen_after_1_or_2/
  6. display sleeps after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd
  7. laptop goes to sleep after two minutes of inactivity although it is set to 30 minutes

laptop goes to sleep after two minutes of inactivity although it is set to 30 minutes: I have a new HP 450 laptop running Windows 10 Pro, updated to version 1903. The "turn off display" is set to 30 minutes (20 minutes on battery). The "sleep setting" is also 30 and 20 minutes. After turning the laptop on and using it for a period of time, then letting it...
  8. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity: I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out I am in despair...
  9. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity: My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo ideapad 510 monitor sleeps after 2 minutes